From: JohnH. on
Would this device successfully convert C128 RGBI output to a DVI or VGA
output?

http://www.ihse.de/pdf/i238-4f_e.pdf
http://www.ihse.de/pdf/b238-4f_e.pdf

I'm a little out of my depth, but this looks like it might work.
What do you guys think?

John

From: a7yvm109gf5d1 on
JohnH. wrote:
> Would this device successfully convert C128 RGBI output to a DVI or VGA
> output?
>
> http://www.ihse.de/pdf/i238-4f_e.pdf
> http://www.ihse.de/pdf/b238-4f_e.pdf
>
> I'm a little out of my depth, but this looks like it might work.
> What do you guys think?
>
> John

Sure, but you still need a RGBI to RGB converter, so these devices
won't work out of the box. I'm still wondering if you can wait for my
project to come to fruition. At the moment the genlock chip is being
put through its paces.

I'd like to know if DVI output is important. The other chip I could
have used is a AL251 with digital RGB outputs which could be fed to a
DVI encoder, but that's a bit beyond what I think can be done with a
two layer board.

Did you look at my RGBI to VGA page?

From: Martijn van Buul on
It occurred to me that a7yvm109gf5d1(a)netzero.com wrote in comp.sys.cbm:
> JohnH. wrote:
>> Would this device successfully convert C128 RGBI output to a DVI or VGA
>> output?
>>
>> http://www.ihse.de/pdf/i238-4f_e.pdf
>> http://www.ihse.de/pdf/b238-4f_e.pdf
>>
>> I'm a little out of my depth, but this looks like it might work.
>> What do you guys think?
>>
>> John
>
> Sure, but you still need a RGBI to RGB converter, so these devices
> won't work out of the box.

"Supports [...] CGA [...] Input"

So, you do *not* need an RGBI to RGB converter.

It doesn't look like these devices will be cheap, though.

--
Martijn van Buul - pino(a)dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
Geek code: G-- - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333
From: JohnH. on
Hi Martijn,

> "Supports [...] CGA [...] Input"
>
> So, you do *not* need an RGBI to RGB converter.
>
> It doesn't look like these devices will be cheap, though.

Yes, I was hoping this was correct. I have read in several places that
Commodore RGBI and CGA were compatible. So, I thought this device
might work. I have an inquiry to the companies U.S. reseller to get a
price quote. I'll let you know how expensive it turns out to be.

John

From: a7yvm109gf5d1 on

Martijn van Buul wrote:
> It occurred to me that a7yvm109gf5d1(a)netzero.com wrote in comp.sys.cbm:
> > JohnH. wrote:
> >> Would this device successfully convert C128 RGBI output to a DVI or VGA
> >> output?
> >>
> >> http://www.ihse.de/pdf/i238-4f_e.pdf
> >> http://www.ihse.de/pdf/b238-4f_e.pdf
> >>
> >> I'm a little out of my depth, but this looks like it might work.
> >> What do you guys think?
> >>
> >> John
> >
> > Sure, but you still need a RGBI to RGB converter, so these devices
> > won't work out of the box.
>
> "Supports [...] CGA [...] Input"
>
> So, you do *not* need an RGBI to RGB converter.

Looks like you're right, on page 54 they show RGBI inputs.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: USB chip
Next: 1541 index hole sensor?