From: Rick Balkins on

"Dragos" <mgladson(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> First you say to wait for your project, then you say your not going to
> be selling them. well, that i believe, you cant sell something that
> you'll never finish. you do seem to have wildstar conviced, but thats
> not too hard.
>
> More vaporcrap, more hype, more BS.

He may make a small number (assemble it for you) but he doesn't want to be
stuck in a position where he has to be running a business selling this
product. Basically, if you know how to solder, good. Then you can easily
have the PCB made and parts ordered and build it. However, he doesn't want
to be spending 8hrs a day, 40 hrs a week making these units and selling them
to people. If someone wants to produce them, then feel free. Just wait til
the prototype is done. Hey, Jeri didn't produce the 300 C-Ones. Basically,
Jens did. She made the prototype and design. It is like Jim Brain's designs.

I'm sure a7yvm, may not mind making completed and fully assembled units for
a small number of people. That's the idea. He basically doesn't want to be
caught up with 100s of orders.

From: Rick Balkins on
I'm sure that you may make or assemble a couple of units here and there for
a small number of people but you don't want to be caught up into a situation
where you are dealing with 100s of orders.

So the idea, is that you don't want to be IN the BUSINESS of manufacturing
and assembling and selling RGBI2VGA converters. You design a prototype and
provide the designs and information for free and may manufacture and
assemble units for a person here or there at your own personal discretion.

That was the idea that I had got and I feel that is what you are aiming at.

From: a7yvm109gf5d1 on
Rick Balkins wrote:
> I'm sure that you may make or assemble a couple of units here and there for
> a small number of people but you don't want to be caught up into a situation
> where you are dealing with 100s of orders.
>
> So the idea, is that you don't want to be IN the BUSINESS of manufacturing
> and assembling and selling RGBI2VGA converters. You design a prototype and
> provide the designs and information for free and may manufacture and
> assemble units for a person here or there at your own personal discretion.

I don't have the time to run a business out of my home. The costs of
having PCBs assembled are tremendous and I'd have to pass that on. This
is why my design is very simple, so I could build one or two, and
others can build their own. No fancy parts, no tiny SMT parts below
SOIC8 or 0603 parts.

> That was the idea that I had got and I feel that is what you are aiming at.

Thanks Rick, I didn't think my position was that hard to understand.
The reason I started this project is because not a single solution out
there would work. The 2200$ solution is a hallucination IMHO.

BTW I am getting some signals out of the chip but they're not usable
yet.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: USB chip