From: a7yvm109gf5d1 on
Dragos wrote:
> First you say to wait for your project, then you say your not going to
> be selling them. well, that i believe, you cant sell something that
> you'll never finish. you do seem to have wildstar conviced, but thats
> not too hard.

Sure, but I never promised to make a commercial product that I'd sell,
did I? Can you find the post where I said I would?

> More vaporcrap, more hype, more BS.

Hmm, I have pictures of a PCB being stuffed with parts on my website.
Did you look at them? Did you email me when I asked for people to email
their interest?

Did you know I have recovered a video clock from the Hsync signal? Did
you know that's a crucial step and it looks like it works? Did you know
I spent a few hundred dollars out of pocket already to buy a PCB,
parts, an enclosure, a PICSTART upgrade module and the HP event
counter? That I have thousands of dollars of test equipment like a
sampling scope and a spectrum analyzer? That I'm doing this for free
and will release the code, schematics and gerbers as soon as I'm
satisfied it's a decent circuit?

It's a HOBBY. I work on it a few hours here, a few hours there. I work
in electronics, at the end of the day I don't want MORE electronics,
you know?

From: Clockmeister on

"JohnH." <john(a)jrcc.net> wrote in message
> Dirty Beef Eaters Gin martini with Noilly Prat Vermouth and three
> spanish queen olives is my preference when drinking. That's living
> gentlemen! 8-)

That's a ladies drink ;-)

From: Sam Gillett on

<a7yvm109gf5d1(a)netzero.com> wrote ...

> Did you know I have recovered a video clock from the Hsync signal? Did
> you know that's a crucial step and it looks like it works? Did you know
> I spent a few hundred dollars out of pocket already to buy a PCB,
> parts, an enclosure, a PICSTART upgrade module and the HP event
> counter? That I have thousands of dollars of test equipment like a
> sampling scope and a spectrum analyzer? That I'm doing this for free
> and will release the code, schematics and gerbers as soon as I'm
> satisfied it's a decent circuit?

If I read between the lines right... You are telling everyone to get off
your back about it.

> It's a HOBBY. I work on it a few hours here, a few hours there. I work
> in electronics, at the end of the day I don't want MORE electronics,
> you know?

In other words, it will be finished when it is finished, and not before then.

You have been taking a lot of flack lately... But, that's Usenet! ;-)
--
Best regards,

Sam Gillett

Change is inevitable,
except from vending machines!

From: Joseph Fenn on

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Sam Gillett wrote:

> "Joseph Fenn" <jfenn(a)lava.net> wrote ...
>>
>> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Leif Bloomquist wrote:
>>
>>> "JohnH." <john(a)jrcc.net> wrote in message

>>> You can get mediocre monochrome composite output from the RGBI Port on Pin
>>> 7. You'd be missing out on the excellent color, but at least you'd be
>>> able
>>> to display the information.
>>>
>> Hogwash
>> joe
>
> Not hogwash Joe. When I was running a BBS on my C128 in 80 column mode I
> used several monitors over the years. The pin 7 output was perfectly usable
> with a Zenith "green screen" monitor.
>
> Also used an Emerson CGA monitor for a while. Much sharper display than my
> Commodore 1902A monitor. Only drawback to the CGA monitor was no 40 column
> mode. :-(
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Sam Gillett

Sam.
I did'nt mean hogwash for all CBM type monitors. They work great
in 128 80 col color or 64 modes too. The thread started out with
guys saying there were all kinds of boxes around the country that
would permit useing the new VGA lcd monitors. We have all known
that any old CGA monitor will work great for c128 80 col just
fine. In fact I have one, and it takes its monochrome display
on just 1 pin for the DN type recepticle. Its very clear.
But of course CGA has long since dissapeared and not easily found
just like our own cbm monitors 1084,2002,1702's etc.
VGA is an entirely new bag and we want somehow to buy a simple
PC lcd screen with a vga or supervga input jack just plug it in
and get color a splendid lcd screen et al ad infinitum!

P.S. Just got word from Allan Bairstow that they finally cleared
up the difficulties they had in converting C128 80 Col mode
to a vga monitor, but Allan says hie USA rep sales guy in
Fla is the holdup and Allan has'nt been able to get him moving
on the box. Allan is gonna visit his rep in Fla and try to
get things moving! They fixed the problem so either ntsc
or Pal will work equally well on the c128 now that the problem
is solved. If I get any further word will post it here when
I get it.
Joe

From: Leif Bloomquist on

> I have not heard back from the U.S. distributer yet. I can't believe
> anybody would pay $2,200US to convert a video signal. You could

The PDF mentions "industrial applications", and stuff in the
"industrial/automation" industry is ridiculously overpriced sometimes. But
if it saves some engineer 22 hours (@ $100/hour which is a bargain) from
having to design one from scratch or come up with some workaround, then it's
worth it for the company.

It would be really interesting to get an evaluation unit on loan to play
around with for a while (and maybe take some pics of the innards) - anyone
up for it?

--
Leif Bloomquist
leif(at)schemafactor(dot)com

"Once secure, saturate the area with plasma mortars and spicy barbecue
sauce."

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: USB chip