From: Karl E. Peterson on
Robert Comer wrote:
>> Well, I think the way these "seamless" apps (is there a better way to
>> describe them?) are behaving is a pretty good one.
>
> For my purposes it works really well!.

Yeah, me too. Now. <g>

>>Whoda thunk to make sure the primary was on the right???
>
> I never would have, though something's tickling my brain about that,
> something to do with directdraw maybe?

Looking at my system coords now that I've moved the primary to the
right, I see:

0: "Virtual", (-1600,0)-(1600,1200), Desktop: False, VGA: False,
Visible: True

1: "\\.\DISPLAY1", (0,0)-(1600,1200), Workarea: (0,0)-(1600,1160),
Desktop: True, VGA: False, Visible: True, Primary

2: "\\.\DISPLAY2", (-1600,0)-(0,1200), Desktop: True, VGA: False,
Visible: True

I'm thinking it may have to do with positive coordinate space? The
monitor on the left now ranges from -1600 to 0 on the X axis! So is
the driver just too stupid to consider that visible space?

>> Huh. Well that just sounds darned cool! What constitutes a "RAIL server"
>> -- any old RDP host?
>
> I don't know if it's any of them, but something like MED-V also uses it, and
> probably other things. I wonder if the Citrix app sharing is similar...

Heh, well, I have no idea about MED-V either. But if I could run a
remote app as though it were local, from any machine I connect to via
RDP, I'd be a very happy camper.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Robert Comer on
> I'm thinking it may have to do with positive coordinate space? The
> monitor on the left now ranges from -1600 to 0 on the X axis! So is the
> driver just too stupid to consider that visible space?

I don't know, it's beyond my knowledge. Seems awfully odd though.

> Heh, well, I have no idea about MED-V either. But if I could run a remote
> app as though it were local, from any machine I connect to via RDP, I'd be
> a very happy camper.

I think there's some kind of toolkit for RAIL, I'll see if I can find where
I saw it.

--
Bob Comer