From: nospam on
In article <7uopk6Ffp4U1(a)mid.individual.net>, ray <ray(a)zianet.com>
wrote:

> >> Haven't tried ufraw recently, have you?
> >
> > when did ufraw get mind reading functionality?
>
> Long time ago. It does default exposure correction when you read the file
> - and yes it's quite simple to reset if you don't like it.

that's not mind reading, and that's exactly the same in just about
every raw converter (and is usually not ideal).
From: nospam on
In article <7uopmhFfp4U2(a)mid.individual.net>, ray <ray(a)zianet.com>
wrote:

> >>Haven't tried ufraw recently, have you?
> >
> > Never. Why should I? I shoot RAW and upload into either Lightroom or
> > Bridge converting my NEF file to a .dng.
>
> Well, I don't know - possibly because it has features you were
> complaining about not having - like default corrections applied when you
> read the file in.

you obviously haven't used lightroom, since it does exactly that.
From: tony cooper on
On 26 Feb 2010 02:24:17 GMT, ray <ray(a)zianet.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:37:29 -0500, tony cooper wrote:

>>>Haven't tried ufraw recently, have you?
>>
>> Never. Why should I? I shoot RAW and upload into either Lightroom or
>> Bridge converting my NEF file to a .dng.
>
>Well, I don't know - possibly because it has features you were
>complaining about not having - like default corrections applied when you
>read the file in.

Where do you get the idea that I'm complaining? I don't want the
program making the decisions. All those things I've listed above...I
choose how to do. If UFRAW makes those decisions for me, I wouldn't
want it.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: nospam on
In article <8jeeo5hqav1kb7vvqnfd981kdekct4sgp7(a)4ax.com>, J. Caldwell
<nospam(a)anyserver.net> wrote:

> I know the difference exactly. What you blind-worshipping PhotoSlop
> fanatics and fools don't realize is that right up until CS4 PhotoSlop WAS
> only a 16-bit math platform during its whole existence.

absolutely false.
From: J. Caldwell on
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:15:00 -0500, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

>In article <8jeeo5hqav1kb7vvqnfd981kdekct4sgp7(a)4ax.com>, J. Caldwell
><nospam(a)anyserver.net> wrote:
>
>> I know the difference exactly. What you blind-worshipping PhotoSlop
>> fanatics and fools don't realize is that right up until CS4 PhotoSlop WAS
>> only a 16-bit math platform during its whole existence.
>
>absolutely false.

That comment coming from the well known, never owned a camera, never took a
photo, never used an editor, "nospam the troll".