First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
How to correlate the line an error is reported to be on with SSMS
In SSMS (2008) the line that an error is reported on has basically nothing to do with the line the error is on in the sql editor window. The error is reported on some idealized line number skipping whitespace and who knows what else. So while the error is reported on line 15, it's on line 24 in the sql editor, ... 6 Dec 2009 11:43
sp_send_dbmail and attachment
I have a process that uses the ... 5 Dec 2009 19:34
is there any way where the database is not even visible to administrator
Rajesh (rajeshhalyal(a)gmail.com) writes: is there any way where the database is not even visible to administrator. No. or cannot be restored from backup by any other user or password. Transparent Data Encryption, a feature available in SQL 2008 Enterprise Edition permits you to protect data at rest... 5 Dec 2009 10:45
duplicate records
Hi, using sql2005. I want to select unique records from a table. Unfortunitely the field that is used to sort the output cannot be in the select distinct statement. Any ideas? Many thanks, Jonathan ... 6 Dec 2009 04:10
Remove Space within a String
I have a Patient Name Field and the names are formated like this: ROCHA, TAMI There is a Space after the Comma that seperates the First and Last Name how can I remove this space? It should look like this: ROCHA,TAMI -- Brian Conner Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx... 4 Dec 2009 15:10
SELECT Issue
I'm having trouble with a select statement and wondering if some experts could help:) I have a VARCHAR field in a table called IDFormula which contains an INT PRIMARY KEY value from a column in the same table(with brackets around it). For example if the table was called Unit, and one of the primary key values wa... 4 Dec 2009 12:54
SQL query puzzle
You can also do this if you have no calendar table: DECLARE @year char(4) SET @year = 2007 SELECT cast(@year as datetime) + spt.Number FROM master..spt_values spt WHERE spt.Type='P' and year(cast(@year as datetime) + spt.Number) = @year "Bob" wrote: If you don't have a calendar table you do this in ... 4 Dec 2009 09:34
Merge 2 tables
Hi all, I have 2 table: Create TableSource (ClientCode varchar, Field1 varchar, Field2 varchar) Create TableTarget(ClientCode varchar, Field1 varchar, Field2 varchar) I need to import in TableTarget every field in TableSource, for the same ClientCode, that has different *both* Field1 and Field2. If the Cl... 9 Dec 2009 11:04
1 query; 2 different actual execution plan
I have one query and executed in two SQL Server, local to its own server. data size are almost identical ( to the hundred of rows) One has execution plan has Parallelism while the other doesn't, why is that? How to make them both using Parallelism? (The one with Parallelism is much faster. 200x) Thanks. ... 3 Dec 2009 18:17
Return a specific string based on positions of Y/N data
Hi, I have a table(T1) which has 7 columns out of which 4 columns are of char(1) data which either have Y or N. Now the task is I need to update a column in a different table based on foll. conditions. treating each of the 4 columns C1, C2, C3, c4 as A, B, C, D in that order if the data in the 4 columns is... 4 Dec 2009 11:47