First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112
CREATE AGGREGATE failed because type 'Concatenate' does not conform toUDAGG specification due to method 'Accumulate'.
1. Open the project in Visual Studio 2. Click on the project properties 3. Go to the Database tab and click on the browse button next to the connection string. You will get the Add Database Reference dialog. 4. Click on Add New Reference 5. In the New Database Reference dialog, enter the details for the database ... 13 Nov 2009 06:37
WHERE IN (SELECT) with multiple columns
A continuing annoyance is that I can do stuff like this in SQL Server: SELECT * FROM X WHERE A,B IN (SELECT A,B FROM Y) This is getting more complex if any of A or B can be NULL. Is there an alternative in SQLServer 2005+ to implement such predicates? Pete ... 13 Nov 2009 22:11
SQL optimisation, stop the sub query as soon as an error is found
Hi guys, first post here. I have the following problem I have records in a source table which I have pulled out to a temp table and built some indexes. As part of this extract I have ranked the records using the rank() over funcitonality to force a sequence key resetting on PATHWAY_ID. I am now trying to v... 12 Nov 2009 14:01
thanks!!
That worked! Thank you so much. Great idea...it never occurred to me to use the MAX function with a string. Best, Rob Plamen Ratchev wrote: You can do:SELECT PersonID, MAX(IMadd), MAX(EmailAdd), MAX(Phone)FROM ... 11-Nov-09 You can do: SELECT PersonID, MAX(IMadd), MAX(EmailAdd), MAX(Phone) FROM ...... 12 Nov 2009 14:01
SQL syntax (part 2)
I accidentally posted before I was done on the last one..... I have a query that I would like to modify as follows, but am not quite sure how to do it: SELECT [GenEvents EventLog].EventTime, [GenEvents EventLog].ActorID FROM [GenEvents EventLog] WHERE ((([GenEvents EventLog].ActorID) Is Not Null) AND (([GenEve... 12 Nov 2009 11:45
SSIS date type casts truncating hour, minute
Does anyone know why my SSIS "derived column transformation" item is truncating hour and minute values from the date type - when inserted in the DB? The code is doing the pretty standard (DT_DBDATE)GETDATE() call with SSIS type "database date [DT_DBDATE]". The DB type is smalldatetime (no seconds stored). I ... 11 Nov 2009 20:16
using output
hello there I have dinamic sql which do SELECT * from dinamic table. Is there a way not only doing select but insert some fields form that select to table? according to Books online OUTPUT does not allow this. ... 11 Nov 2009 07:55
sp_MSforeachtable
Is sp_MSforeachtable the best approach to maintain the rebuilding of all indexes for all tables in a database? thanks in advance, ...bob ... 12 Nov 2009 10:38
AdventureWorks database
Hi Sql book I’m reading uses extensively AdventureWorks database. But it’s very difficult to follow since I don’t know what exactly the tables and their columns represent ( I realize each column has a descriptive name like RevisionNumber, TaxAmt …but many of these terms are confusing, especially when not seeing ... 17 Nov 2009 14:04
Why can't recursive queries contain...?
Michael C (mike(a)nospam.com) writes: SQL server is full of limitations that don't make sense. We've only recently got the ability to do something as basic as define a variable of infinite length string. When we got CLR integration we were given a limit of 8K of memory to work with (E I G H T K!!!!!!). When... 8 Dec 2009 20:53