First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
Sql Server on VMWare
Hi, Can anybody give me some right direction or usefull link 1. About VMware environment 2. How to Install and configure Sql Server 2005 on VMware. 3. Is there any performance change on VMware. Regards Rahul ... 8 Nov 2009 20:45
SQL 2008 - FILESTREAM OpenSQLFilestream invalid handle
SQL 2008 Express running in Virtual PC on Windows XP Pro, accessed from a "real" machine with Windows XP Pro via TCP/IP and sql authentication (the server has enabled mixed mode). FILESTREAM is enabled for remote client streaming, database allow for Full Access with FILESTREAM. The table is created properly and... 12 Nov 2009 17:25
Script to check the Syntax on all stored procedures in a database
Is there a script or functionality in SQL Server 2000 that can check the syntax on all stored procedures in a database? A column was dropped from a table and the list of stored procedures using that column was identified and fixed using sp searchcode. That is not sufficient for the decision makers and they wa... 7 Nov 2009 03:54
OPENROWSET/OPENDATASOURCE with Excel 2007/SQL 2005
Hi I have been having the same issue and found a solution for reading Data in from Excel Files. To achive this, The Sheet name in Excell must not have spaces, The Directory the file is in must be accessible to the SQL Server Service user Account The 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries' Advanced SQL Config option must be enable... 6 Nov 2009 12:35
using "USE dbname" before ALTER DATABASE
Still using SQL 2000. In the examples for ALTER DATBASE in the SQL Books Online they always execute a USE MASTER before the ALTER DATABASE [dbname]... statement. Why do they do this? Also: is there a way to use ALTER DATABASE to just *view* various db options, the way I previously used sp_dboption? Thanks f... 5 Nov 2009 13:25
Strip off time
I have a SQL 2000 database table that has a smalldatetime column that I want to remove the time portion for those that have a time. We added a new application that is "feeding" this table and the column named DateEntered has both date and time in it. For example one of the entries is 11/3/2009 7:24:00 AM and ... 4 Nov 2009 10:51
How to save an image from SQL Server to a file using SQL
Question In SQL Server 2005, I have a table with images (data type: image). Using only SQL, how do I save an image as a file (on the same server that SQL Server is running). If I have to, I'll use SQL CLR, but I want to avoid that if possible. Background I want a SQL Server job to run no a schedule that call... 10 Nov 2009 10:44
RE
NVM I missed a parameter thank you! george greiner wrote: Re 03-Nov-09 The error I am getting is Invalid length parameter passed to the Left Function if that helps. Previous Posts In This Thread: EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Applied.NET - People Oriented Software Using C# htt... 3 Nov 2009 12:40
Re
The error I am getting is Invalid length parameter passed to the Left Function if that helps. george greiner wrote: Convert Access SQL to Server 2005 03-Nov-09 Hello I need to run a query in SQL Server 2005 that counts to a Chr(13) which is a line feed and pulls all data to the left of it. I understa... 3 Nov 2009 12:40
Place varchar fields at the end of table for optimum performan
Thanks to all your replies. The info provided are very useful. "--CELKO--" wrote: A bit of history on this question. In the early days of DB2 this mattered, so the convention was to put the fixed length columns to the front of the rows. Other products had similar architecture, so the myth was born... 3 Nov 2009 00:35