First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
Image vs varchar
Is it best to use an image data type or varchar(max) to store a TIF or JPG file? We have some small signature images that we want to store in the database rather than the filesystem. We will be updating via asp.net web page. Thanks. -- David ... 3 Feb 2010 21:56
Indexing Errors with Reporting Service Excel Exports
Hi, I have a strange problem with fulltext search on sql server 2008. When I export a simple report as .xls file from reporting services and insert this into a fulltext indexed sql table, I get the following error code in the crawl during indexing: Error '0x8004170c: The document format is not recognized by th... 26 Jan 2010 06:34
use several left outer joins
I am basically new to sql server 2005 and I have a query question to ask. I want to create a final query result that shows all the data that corresponds to gnumber on one line. The final display line needs to display the following data: P.gnumber,P.name, P.Kind, P.Userdate2, mths_since_run, Z.MaxReceiveDa... 25 Jan 2010 17:23
Get a list of subscribers
Hi Is there a way to get a list of subscribers by querying the publisher? I'm not able to redirect the out put of sp_helpsubscriberinfo SP to a temp table! As an alternative I can do it with by running this query against distribution database select * from distribution.dbo.MSsubscriber_info But in our prod en... 25 Jan 2010 16:15
DataBase Backup Question
Hello everyone, I have a small Desktop application. When one of the controls on the main window menu is selected, the underlyinh database is backed up using a stored procedure. I am curious if I could (or should) modify the stored procedure to generate a fixed set of say ten generations of backups. I believe I... 25 Jan 2010 21:52
Online Log Size
I've got a 40G SS 2005 table without indexes that I need to add a clustered index to. I know that if I do a standard index addition, it will write out about 40G to the log and I was hoping to avoid that. If do the ONLINE option for building this clustered index, will it write out significantly less to the log... 26 Jan 2010 05:28
Table variable populated from stored procedure [SS2000]
Hi, in SQL Server 2000, I can't use stored procedure to populate a table variable (@MyTable). The error is: Execute cannot be used as a source of a table variable How can I solve? PS I my stored procedure I have also Insert statement nested. Thanks in advance. Luigi ... 26 Jan 2010 06:34
Concatenate Mutiple Rows Data to Single RowColumn comma separated Data
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 02:56:46 -0800 (PST), chintu4uin(a)gmail.com wrote: Hi friends I m using SQL 2005 I want to concatenate multiple rows into single row with comma separated. I tried using for XML and all but what I m looking for I m not getting that My Table structure:- (snip) Hi chintu4uin, I the future... 25 Jan 2010 19:39
auto - indenting in code editor
In one of my SSME I have auto-indenting switched off whereas in the other it is on - meaning that after pressing Enter the next cursor position is at the start of the previous line. I would like to be able to turn it on in my first installation, but cannot find the option to change. Any help is greatly apprec... 25 Jan 2010 03:58
Newbie Needs help with dates
Using SQL 2005 I want to be able to take whatever date is provided and report on all records between that and that date minus 13 months. Select * FROM table WHERE month_dt Between '06/01/2009' and '06/01/2009' -13 Is this possible and if so how? Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Message posted via SQ... 24 Jan 2010 07:54