From: BURT on
On Oct 31, 8:35 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
> kenseto wrote:
> > On Oct 31, 10:37 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
> >>    Given that special relativity says that ∆t = γ ∆to  and that γ has a
> >>    value that ranges from 1 to infinity and does not have any negative
> >>    values, it seems to me that the time interval ∆t ≥ ∆to for all
> >>    observations. In other words the measured time interval is always
> >>    greater (slowed) for velocities v > zero, independent of direction.
>
> >>    So for a clock tick of one second, ∆to = 1 , an observer with
> >>    relative velocity 0.866 c give a γ = 2 and
>
> >>      ∆t = γ ∆to
>
> > Sigh wormy....this is wrong in SR.
> > SR says thatfor clock moving wrt the observer are running slow as
> > follows:
> > Delta(t')=Delta(to)/gamma.
> > IRT include the above but it also includes the situation when the
> > observed clock is running fast compared to the observer's clock as
> > follows:
> > Delta(t')=gamma*Delta(to)
>
> > Ken Seto
>
> >>      2 s = 2 (1 s)- Hide quoted text -

>    Ken, where in the real world are clock observed to run fast,
>    just due to relative velocity?
>
>    Doppler shift can make clocks appear to be running faster.
>    Differences in gravitation also produce time dilation, but
>    general relativity is the applicable tool in those situations.
>    Satellite clocks, such as GPS, come to mind.- Hide quoted text -

If time slows down then it must begin to slow from a starting point or
fastest time.

Mitch Raemsch
From: kenseto on
On Oct 31, 2:41 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
> kenseto wrote:
> > On Oct 31, 11:35 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
> >>    Ken, where in the real world are clock observed to run fast,
> >>    just due to relative velocity?
>
> > If every clock in the universe is running slow compared to the
> > observer's clock then that would mean that the observer's clock is in
> > a preferred frame....we know that is not the case.
>
>    Ken, that would be true for ANY observer--the other clocks in
>    relative motion would appear to run slower... That would be
>    true for almost all observer. None of them is special or
>    preferred.

Ah....that's equivalent to that a LET observer uses the ether frame to
make predictions....that's why SR and LET have the same math....they
both use the ether frame to do calculations.. The fact that every SR
observer claims that all clocks moving wrt him are running slow means
that the every SR observer is assumed to be in a state of absolute
rest.

Ken Seto

From: Inertial on
"kenseto" <kenseto(a)erinet.com> wrote in message
> On Oct 31, 2:41 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
>> kenseto wrote:
>>
>> > If every clock in the universe is running slow compared to the
>> > observer's clock then that would mean that the observer's clock is in
>> > a preferred frame....we know that is not the case.
>>
>> Ken, that would be true for ANY observer--the other clocks in
>> relative motion would appear to run slower... That would be
>> true for almost all observer. None of them is special or
>> preferred.
>
> Ah....that's equivalent to that a LET observer uses the ether frame to
> make predictions....that's why SR and LET have the same math....they
> both use the ether frame to do calculations..

WRONG

> The fact that every SR
> observer claims that all clocks moving wrt him are running slow means
> that the every SR observer is assumed to be in a state of absolute
> rest.

WRONG

You just have no idea about SR. Go back to school and take physics again ..
but this time stay awake during the lessons.

From: Sam Wormley on
kenseto wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2:41 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:

>> Ken, that would be true for ANY observer--the other clocks in
>> relative motion would appear to run slower... That would be
>> true for almost all observer. None of them is special or
>> preferred.
>
> Ah....that's equivalent to that a LET observer uses the ether frame to
> make predictions....that's why SR and LET have the same math....they
> both use the ether frame to do calculations.. The fact that every SR
> observer claims that all clocks moving wrt him are running slow means
> that the every SR observer is assumed to be in a state of absolute
> rest.
>
> Ken Seto

No--It just means that all motion is relative, there are no preferred
observers. Relativity predicts that any observer will measure time
dilation of all moving clocks... and guess what, Ken, that's exactly
what is observed! In Spades!
From: kenseto on
On Nov 1, 3:38 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "kenseto" <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

> >>    Ken, that would be true for ANY observer--the other clocks in
> >>    relative motion would appear to run slower... That would be
> >>    true for almost all observer. None of them is special or
> >>    preferred.
>
> > Ah....that's equivalent to that a LET observer uses the ether frame to
> > make predictions....that's why SR and LET have the same math....they
> > both use the ether frame to do calculations..
>
> WRONG
>
> > The fact that every SR
> > observer claims that all clocks moving wrt him are running slow means
> > that the every SR observer is assumed to be in a state of absolute
> > rest.
>
> WRONG
>
> You just have no idea about SR. Go back to school and take physics again ...
> but this time stay awake during the lessons.

Hey idiot ....it is not wrong. SR says that all observer are
equaivalent including the ether frame observer. So every SR observer
selected the ether frame to do predictions and calculations....the
reason is that it is the simplest frame to do calculations because all
the clocks in the universe are running slow compared to the ether
frame clock and all the rods in the universe are contraction compared
to the ether frame rod.
LET acknowledges that the ether frame is used to do calculations and