From: Sam Wormley on
kenseto wrote:
> On Nov 3, 12:14 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
>> kenseto wrote:
>>> No wormy...all relative motions are derived from individual motion.
>>> For example if you change your state of individual motion by
>>> acceleration you will have changed all the observed relative motions
>>> in the universe.
>>> There is no time dilation....there is a clock second contains a
>>> different amount of absolute time in different frames (different
>>> states of absolute motion). Also there is no physical length
>>> contraction. There is: a meter stick has different light path length
>>> in different frames (different states of absolute motion).
>>> Ken Seto
>> Ken you live in a different conceptual world than most of us. I'm
>> not saying that is necessarily bad or good. But can you make calculations
>> that match observations?
>>
>> For example, can you calculate what many call "time dilation" for
>> an earth satellite clock in orbit around the earth in a circular
>> orbit (eccentricity, e = 0) at an altitude of 202 km above mean
>> sea level?
>>
>> I can do it with general relativity derivations. Can you calculate
>> it with whatever methods you use?
>
> Sure look up the IRT gravitational time dilation equation in the
> following link:
> http://www.modelmechanics.org/2008irt.dtg.pdf
>
> Ken Seto

Doesn't give the right answer, can you make it give the right answer?
From: kenseto on
On Nov 3, 9:13 am, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "kenseto" <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

> > On Nov 2, 6:25 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> >> "kenseto" <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

> >> Yes, it IS wrong

> >> SR says nothing about any ether frame.
>
> > So when SR says that all frames are equaivlent...
>
> They are.  All inertial ones that is.
>
> > that does not include
> > the rest frame of the ether???
>
> What would give you that silly idea.  If there was an ether, and if it had
> such a thing as a unique rest frame frame, and if that frame was inertial,
> then it would be no different to any other inertial frame as far as SR is
> concerned.  Its just one of an infinite number of such frames, and you've
> just stuck the label "ether frame" on it.  It needs no special treatment.
> Of course, SR says nothing about there being such a frame .. it doesn't need
> to-

The ether frame has the following exclusive special properties:
1. The ether frame clock is the fastest running clock in the universe.
2. The ether frame meter stick is the longest meter stick in the
universe.
Every SR observer assumes these excvlusive special properties of the
ether frame and thus every SR observer assumes that he is at rest in
the ether. That's exactly what a LET observer assumes and that's why
SR and LET have the same math.

From: kenseto on
On Nov 3, 2:21 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
> kenseto wrote:
> >>    Ken you live in a different conceptual world than most of us. I'm
> >>    not saying that is necessarily bad or good. But can you make calculations
> >>    that match observations?
>
> >>    For example, can you calculate what many call "time dilation" for
> >>    an earth satellite clock in orbit around the earth in a circular
> >>    orbit (eccentricity, e = 0) at an altitude of 202 km above mean
> >>    sea level?
>
> >>    I can do it with general relativity derivations. Can you calculate
> >>    it with whatever methods you use?
>
> > Sure look up the IRT gravitational time dilation equation in the
> > following link:
> >http://www.modelmechanics.org/2008irt.dtg.pdf
>
> > Ken Seto
>
>    Doesn't give the right answer, can you make it give the right answer?

Show me your calculations....I bet that you are lying....you never did
any calcultions using the IRT equations.

From: Sam Wormley on
kenseto wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2:21 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
>> kenseto wrote:
>>> Sure look up the IRT gravitational time dilation equation in the
>>> following link:
>>> http://www.modelmechanics.org/2008irt.dtg.pdf
>>> Ken Seto
>> Doesn't give the right answer, can you make it give the right answer?
>
> Show me your calculations....I bet that you are lying....you never did
> any calcultions using the IRT equations.

My relevant inputs include:
o r, the distance from the center of the earth to the satellite
o e, eccentricity of the orbit
o E, eccentricity anomaly
o V, the orbital velocity of satellite
o f, the true anomaly

And I wind up with a path integral for the elapsed coordinate time on the
satellite that upon solution (a factor) yields:

3GMe/2ac^2 + (a scale correction for clocks on the surface of the earth)/c^2

This result can then be multiplied by a satellite clock "rest" frequency to
gain the frequency observed on the ground.

But I can see how tour Tab = Taa(Fab/Faa) can possibly work! It has no
physical world inputs.

If you could demonstrate its use, please.

From: Inertial on
"kenseto" <kenseto(a)erinet.com> wrote in message
> On Nov 3, 9:13 am, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
>> "kenseto" <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

>> > So when SR says that all frames are equaivlent...
>>
>> They are. All inertial ones that is.
>>
>> > that does not include
>> > the rest frame of the ether???
>>
>> What would give you that silly idea. If there was an ether, and if it
>> had
>> such a thing as a unique rest frame frame, and if that frame was
>> inertial,
>> then it would be no different to any other inertial frame as far as SR is
>> concerned. Its just one of an infinite number of such frames, and you've
>> just stuck the label "ether frame" on it. It needs no special treatment.
>> Of course, SR says nothing about there being such a frame .. it doesn't
>> need
>> to-
>
> The ether frame has the following exclusive special properties:

There is no evidence that there is any thing

> 1. The ether frame clock is the fastest running clock in the universe.

Nope. But every inertial frame measures clocks in other frames as running
slower

> 2. The ether frame meter stick is the longest meter stick in the
> universe.

Nope. But every inertial frame measures lengths in other frames as
contracted

> Every SR observer assumes these excvlusive special properties of the
> ether frame

The properties of an inertial frame have nothing to do with ether frames

> and thus every SR observer assumes that he is at rest in
> the ether.

Nope .. he doesn't assume anything about an aether. There is no aether
mentioned in SR

> That's exactly what a LET observer assumes and that's why
> SR and LET have the same math.

Nope. You're just totally ignorant