From: kenseto on
On Nov 6, 2:05 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
> kens...(a)erinet.com wrote:
> > On Nov 5, 12:57 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
> >>    Notice what happens to A and B, Ken!
> >>      http://xkcd.com/265/
>
> > Wormy you are loosing it I urge that you go see a doctor immediately.
> > There is no mutual time dilation. When comparing two clocks: if A's
> > clock is running fast compared to B's clock then B's clock is running
> > slow compared to A's clock.
>
> > Ken Seto
>
>    I've tried to clarify the language below for you, Seto, so that
>    you will see neither A or B is preferred or special in any way.

That's because every SR observer make the same assumption: that he is
at rest in the preferred ether frame and that's why his clock is the
fastest running clock in the universe.

>    Assume that A and B have identical atomic clocks. That means they
>    tick at the same rate. Now let us suppose that A and B have relative
>    motion, such that their velocity with respect to each other, v > 0,
>    and that dv/dt = 0 .

Here's your problem: A's clock ticks at different rate than B's clcok
when they are in relative motion and thus they don't measure the same
v between them.

>    Disregarding any Doppler shift, A measures B's time dilation as
>      ∆t_B' = γ ∆t_B

We went through this before....According to SR A predicts B's time
dilation as follows:
Delta(t_B') = Delta(t_A)/gamma_A

Ken Seto

From: BURT on
On Nov 6, 12:46 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2:05 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
>
> > kens...(a)erinet.com wrote:
>
> > > Wormy you are loosing it I urge that you go see a doctor immediately.
> > > There is no mutual time dilation. When comparing two clocks: if A's
> > > clock is running fast compared to B's clock then B's clock is running
> > > slow compared to A's clock.
>
> > > Ken Seto
>
> >    I've tried to clarify the language below for you, Seto, so that
> >    you will see neither A or B is preferred or special in any way.
>
> That's because every SR observer make the same assumption: that he is
> at rest in the preferred ether frame and that's why his clock is the
> fastest running clock in the universe.
>

> >    Assume that A and B have identical atomic clocks. That means they
> >    tick at the same rate. Now let us suppose that A and B have relative
> >    motion, such that their velocity with respect to each other, v > 0,
> >    and that dv/dt = 0 .
>
> Here's your problem: A's clock ticks at different rate than B's clcok
> when they are in relative motion and thus they don't measure the same
> v between them.
>

> >    Disregarding any Doppler shift, A measures B's time dilation as
> >      ∆t_B' = γ ∆t_B
>
> We  went through this before....According to SR A predicts B's time
> dilation as follows:
> Delta(t_B') = Delta(t_A)/gamma_A
>
> Ken Seto
>

> >    and B measures A's time dilation as
> >      ∆t_A' = γ ∆t_A
>
> >    where ∆t represent a time interval, v is the relative velocity
> >    between A and B, and γ = 1/√(1-v^2/c^2) .- Hide quoted text -

WEight gives detectability to motion in the universe by allowing the
measerment new motion.

Mitch Raemsch