From: pyDev on
Hello,

I would like to let the community know that there is a new web-based
forum for Python enthusiasts over at PythonForum.org (http://
pythonforum.org). Web-based forums is a preferred method by Python
newcomers to get help in exploring the world of Python and programming
overall. The main goal of PythonForum.org is to popularize Python by
welcoming all newcomers. Recently the forum got "attacked" with
questions by users just starting out with Python. I hope here will be
someone ready to welcome and help newcomers to enter the beautiful
world of Python.

Thank you,
Einars
From: Simon Brunning on
On 2 June 2010 09:04:56 UTC+1, pyDev <einars.strauss(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope here will be
> someone ready to welcome and help newcomers to enter the beautiful
> world of Python.

Just send them here, or to
<http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor>. We'll be happy to
help.

--
Cheers,
Simon B.
From: Stefan Behnel on
pyDev, 02.06.2010 10:04:
> I would like to let the community know that there is a new web-based
> forum for Python enthusiasts over at PythonForum.org (http://
> pythonforum.org). Web-based forums is a preferred method by Python
> newcomers to get help in exploring the world of Python and programming
> overall.

It's not how the English speaking community works, though. There are two
main mailing lists (mirrored as/from newsgroups) around which the larger
community gathers: python-list (c.l.py) and python-tutor. I doubt (or
rather put my hope against it) that a forum will attract a critical mass of
Python cracks to make it attractive to newbees, and I would certainly
prefer an effort to get them into joining python-tutor instead. There is
not much to gain from splitting the community.

Stefan

From: Bruno Desthuilliers on
pyDev a �crit :
> Hello,
>
> I would like to let the community know that there is a new web-based
> forum for Python enthusiasts over at PythonForum.org (http://
> pythonforum.org).

YetAnotherUselessWebForum :(

> Web-based forums is a preferred method by Python
> newcomers to get help

Oh yeah ? Chapter and verse, please ?

Do the world a favour : replace your whole forum with a static page
explaining how to join the "official" MLs and/or c.l.py.

> in exploring the world of Python and programming
> overall. The main goal of PythonForum.org is to popularize Python by
> welcoming all newcomers.

Newcomers have always been welcomed here. And yet another forum *where
the helpful experts won't post nor correct wrong posts* is certainly not
the best way to "popularize" Python.

From: Adam Tauno Williams on
On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 10:44 +0200, Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> pyDev a écrit :
> > Hello,
> > I would like to let the community know that there is a new web-based
> > forum for Python enthusiasts over at PythonForum.org (http://
> > pythonforum.org).
> YetAnotherUselessWebForum :(

+1

Yuck; no better way to make new users hate your product than have a web
forum - where they post questions.... and never get answers... because
the people with the answers are over on the much-easier-to-use mailist
[what an awesome feature: the questions just show up in my INBOX!
Sweet.].

> > Web-based forums is a preferred method by Python
> > newcomers to get help
> Oh yeah ? Chapter and verse, please
> Do the world a favour : replace your whole forum with a static page
> explaining how to join the "official" MLs and/or c.l.py.
> > in exploring the world of Python and programming
> > overall. The main goal of PythonForum.org is to popularize Python by
> > welcoming all newcomers.
> Newcomers have always been welcomed here. And yet another forum *where
> the helpful experts won't post nor correct wrong posts* is certainly not
> the best way to "popularize" Python.

+1
--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam(a)whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: signed vs unsigned int