From: geremy condra on
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Phlip <phlip2005(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 3, 3:20 pm, geremy condra <debat...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > You mean like how I never get answers, to my super-easy GED-level
>> > questions, here??!
>>
>> I agree. This proves conclusively that a web forum is the right
>> place for you.
>
> Ah, so you feel up to my "xsl for xmlrunner.py" question?

Sure, it's super-easy and GED-level. We can talk about the
cost privately if you're interested.

Geremy Condra
From: Phlip on
On Jun 3, 3:58 pm, geremy condra <debat...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I agree. This proves conclusively that a web forum is the right
> >> place for you.
>
> > Ah, so you feel up to my "xsl for xmlrunner.py" question?
>
> Sure, it's super-easy and GED-level. We can talk about the
> cost privately if you're interested.
>
> Geremy Condra

That reminds me - pyDev, your forum has a "killfile" or "block"
feature, right?
From: geremy condra on
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Phlip <phlip2005(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 3, 3:58 pm, geremy condra <debat...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Ah, so you feel up to my "xsl for xmlrunner.py" question?
>>
>> Sure, it's super-easy and GED-level. We can talk about the
>> cost privately if you're interested.
>>
>> Geremy Condra
>
> That reminds me - pyDev, your forum has a "killfile" or "block"
> feature, right?

If you want to block me (hypothetically, of course), just add me
to your spam filter's rules.

Geremy Condra
From: Ben Finney on
Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed(a)ix.netcom.com> writes:

> I'm tempted to offer up that a lot of things that may once have been
> covered in this general group have been migrated to specific mailing
> lists (which are too many for me to consider subscribing just to do
> one or two posts)...

Which is also where NNTP shines: it's easy to participate using a
standard interface, without committing to having loads of messages
arrive in your email.

--
\ “A free press is one where it's okay to state the conclusion |
`\ you're led to by the evidence.” —Bill Moyers |
From: John Bokma on
Phlip <phlip2005(a)gmail.com> writes:

> On Jun 3, 3:20 pm, geremy condra <debat...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > You mean like how I never get answers, to my super-easy GED-level
>> > questions, here??!
>>
>> I agree. This proves conclusively that a web forum is the right
>> place for you.
>
> Ah, so you feel up to my "xsl for xmlrunner.py" question?

Just jumping in the middle, but if you're looking for a web based forum
where you can ask questions, check out Stack Overflow (and sister sites,
depending on your question). I've noticed over the last couple of months
that often things I google for, are answered on Stack Overflow. One
thing that would've been nice to have on Usenet that I like is the
ability to vote answers up or down. I think Usenet would've been a bit
better with that option.

--
John Bokma j3b

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last