From: Paul Rudin on
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam(a)whitemice.org> writes:

> Most people use this list via e-mail...

Do you know this to be the case, or is that a guess?

From: Michele Simionato on
On Jun 3, 12:28 pm, "Martin P. Hellwig" <martin.hell...(a)dcuktec.org>
wrote:
> On the other hand it might not be so bad that you don't get questions
> from users here who are unable to use a nntp reader or news to mail service.

I am unable to use a nntp reader or news to mail service. I use the
Google Groups interface and I am happy with it.
From: Paul Rudin on
Michele Simionato <michele.simionato(a)gmail.com> writes:

> On Jun 3, 12:28 pm, "Martin P. Hellwig" <martin.hell...(a)dcuktec.org>
> wrote:
>> On the other hand it might not be so bad that you don't get questions
>> from users here who are unable to use a nntp reader or news to mail service.
>
> I am unable to use a nntp reader or news to mail service. I use the
> Google Groups interface and I am happy with it.

Arguably google groups *is* an nntp reader, although you don't get a
choice about which news server it talks to.
From: Martin P. Hellwig on
On 06/03/10 12:46, Michele Simionato wrote:
> On Jun 3, 12:28 pm, "Martin P. Hellwig"<martin.hell...(a)dcuktec.org>
> wrote:
>> On the other hand it might not be so bad that you don't get questions
>> from users here who are unable to use a nntp reader or news to mail service.
>
> I am unable to use a nntp reader or news to mail service. I use the
> Google Groups interface and I am happy with it.

Good for you, just a shame that quite a bit of the regulars here ignore
anything that comes from google groups, not me though, I just mentally
ignore posts.

--
mph
From: Adam Tauno Williams on
On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 12:35 +0100, Paul Rudin wrote:
> Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam(a)whitemice.org> writes:
> > Most people use this list via e-mail...
> Do you know this to be the case, or is that a guess?

Scan through a bunch of threads with show-headers. Watch the User-Agent
value (set by the senders client). The results become obvious pretty
quickly.

And it is generally interesting to see the User-Agent mix of a given
group of users.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam(a)whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: signed vs unsigned int