From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Steve Hayes" <hayesstw(a)telkomsa.net>

| On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 06:48:54 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
| <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>>From: "Jackson" <jackdinsss(a)hotXmail.com>

>>| Kim Komando's tip of the day (07 Jan) has good words for
>>| Microcraft's jv Power tools for cleaning the registry. I
>>| believe it's freeware.

>>| Has anyone used this program? Do you have any remarks or
>>| recomendations?
>>| Jack from Taxacola (formerly Pensacola), FL

>>Rulle of thumb...

>>Do NOT use so-called Registry Cleaners !

| So how should you clean the registry, then?

You don't. There is no need to clean the Registry. It is a myth to sell snake oil. Very
often these so-called Registry Cleaners are malware.

--
Dave

From: John John - MVP on
Steve Hayes wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 21:22:54 -0400, John John - MVP <audetweld(a)nbnot.nb.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> Twayne wrote:
>>> In news:%23voSfK6jKHA.340(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
>>> John John - MVP <audetweld(a)nbnot.nb.ca> typed:
>>> Completely untrue. Posted from ignorance and to be a gopher for a small
>>> group of registry cleaner libelists. Like any other program, just
>>> source a reliable program from a reliable web site. They don't do any
>>> harm or damage and they also allow you to undo any changes you make anyway.
>> As usual and in your true form when ever these useless programs are
>> exposed for what they are you are here to defend your beloved cleaners
>> and to insult all who disagree with you. However, when people post
>> seeking help with real problems caused by these cleaners you are nowhere
>> to been seen. Most of us here have noticed that when it comes to posts
>> about registry cleaners you have a case of selected blindness, and when
>> you do reply to posts you usually leave your brains and manners parked
>> somewhere else.
>
> None of which tells us ANYTHING about why you think we should not use registry
> cleaners, and what harm you think they do.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win2000.registry/browse_thread/thread/7e1c49fc55c84159/f9b2f696ca1b9462#f9b2f696ca1b9462
http://boards.msn.com/safetyboards/thread.aspx?threadid=1009500&boardsparam=PostID%3D28824491
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299958
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888637
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/247678
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_thread/thread/6b333372c870ea74/43b0f73c7b89f3ba?q=#
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951950
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers/browse_thread/thread/ba3b59c688bdaed2/6e931aaebff35bc6?q=WinXP+Prof+system+fonts+changed+to+gobbeldygook+Computer+unusable#6e931aaebff35bc6

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Are-registry-cleaners-necessary
http://www.edbott.com/weblog/archives/000643.html

They do absolutely nothing to improve performance and reliability of NT
installations and they can and do cause problem. Along with that many
of them carry pests and malware and others are fraudware, you install
them and they muck up your computer and the scam artists who wrote these
snake oil programs try to extort money from you to remove their pests
from your computer. Why bother?

John
From: Ol�rin on

"thanatoid" <waiting(a)the.exit.invalid> wrote in message
<snip>
>>| Jack from Taxacola (formerly Pensacola), FL
>>
>> Rulle of thumb...
>>
>> Do NOT use so-called Registry Cleaners !
>
> You "rulle" of thumb is as good as its spelling.

People who make an issue of what is clearly a typo on someone else's part
but make one themselves when they do so - always a giggle.

Try removing the plank from "you" own eye first!

From: thanatoid on
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in

<SNIP>

>>> Forget the BS spelling faux pas...
>
>>> It is contraindicated to use so-called Registry Cleaners
>>> !
>
>| OK, I'll bite... Why?
>
> Because the need for one is a myth

I just LOVE specific replies! Bravo!

> Use can cause MORE problems than they purport to solve.
> Problems that can be catastrophic.

I /could/ ask for an example but judging by your "reply" to my
first question, I don't see much point.

From: thanatoid on
"Ol�rin" <incanus(a)erkljrjre890aeraekj4na.com> wrote in

> "thanatoid" <waiting(a)the.exit.invalid> wrote in message
> <snip>
>>>
>>> Rulle of thumb...
>>>
>>> Do NOT use so-called Registry Cleaners !
>>
>> You "rulle" of thumb is as good as its spelling.
>>

> People who make an issue of what is clearly a typo

"Rulke" would be more of a /typo/. I am sure he knows there's
only one "l" but I am not sure he has heard of spell checkers.
That is one typo any one of them WOULD have caught.

> on someone else's part but make one themselves when they do so
> - always a giggle.

I am always happy to provide amusement.

> Try removing the plank from "you" own eye first!

I likes me planks, Mr. Wizard. And at least I /use/ my spell-
checker.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Prev: Font Printing