From: sandy58 on
On Jan 8, 5:28 am, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
wrote:
> From: "Steve Hayes" <hayes...(a)telkomsa.net>
>
> | On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 06:48:54 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
>
> | <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net> wrote:
> >>From: "Jackson" <jackdin...(a)hotXmail.com>
> >>Rulle of thumb...
> >>Do NOT use so-called Registry Cleaners !
>
> | So how should you clean the registry, then?
>
> You don't.  There is no need to clean the Registry.  It is a myth to sell snake oil.  Very
> often these so-called Registry Cleaners are malware.
>
> --
> Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
> Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

"Very often these so-called Registry Cleaners are malware. "
As are some AV programs....and your point is? It's a personal choice
whether or not to use a reg program.
You believe in the "snake oil" theory (and that's all it is, a
THEORY.) no-one here has yet mentioned specifics. Name of program/what
it did wrong/resulting chaos etc. It's all very well slagging away
but, like politicians, smoke & mirrors/hot air. A great percentage of
negative posters here have been persuaded by the other negative
posters. Not one of them has a positive example of damage inflicted on
a system.
NOW we should see loads of 2nd- & 3rd-hand examples of how PC's have
been totalled through using Registry Cleaners. :-)
From: Etaoin Shrdlu on
thanatoid wrote:
> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in
>
> <SNIP>

>> | OK, I'll bite... Why?
>>
>> Because the need for one is a myth
>
> I just LOVE specific replies! Bravo!
>
>> Use can cause MORE problems than they purport to solve.
>> Problems that can be catastrophic.
>
> I /could/ ask for an example but judging by your "reply" to my
> first question, I don't see much point.

What you haven't done, for all of your posturing, is tell why you think
registry cleaning is a good idea. We know that there's always a chance
that a neophyte will "clean" something that will result in trouble, and
even if the chance is remote, there must be something that makes the
risk worthwhile. If you just want to clean out orphaned entries because
their presence bothers you, that's a personal neurosis and not evidence
of efficacy. Do you believe that large numbers of orphaned entries cause
a problem (such as significantly slowing down the system) other than
their mere presence? If so, what objective evidence do you have? Note
that "I know my system's faster after registry cleaning" isn't objective
evidence.
From: Unknown on
You don't see much of anything.

From: thanatoid on
"Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in

> You don't see much of anything.

What are you talking about? I am not going to read 50 lines of
text I have already read previously just to find out.

<SNIP>
From: Peter Foldes on
> What are you talking about? I am not going to read 50 lines of
> text I have already read previously just to find out.

And there you go. You said it. One reason to Top post so as others do not have to
re-read all 50 chapters over and over as you said above.
Unfortunately bottom posters and almost all of them do not know what a snipping tool
is and as such everything gets reprinted over and over.

--
Peter

"thanatoid" <waiting(a)the.exit.invalid> wrote in message

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Prev: Font Printing
Next: Strange folders