From: Frank Kotler on
Betov wrote:

> You cannot remove half of a Source from a RosAsm
> produced PE.

Wanna bet?

Best,
Frank

From: Bertrand Augereau on
>>So if I were to build an app with some clip library functions, are
>>they copied directly into your source, or simply referenced? If I were
>>then to later update the clip library with superior functions, will
>>rosasm automatically make those changes to my source, or would I have
>>to manually locate the function, remove it, and re-paste the new clip
>>library code?
>

> Feel free to use an inferior technology, that will
> foolish you, if this is what you prefer to the Asm
> ways of programming, Paul:

Why don't you answer the questions? This is the occasion to prove the
superiority of the clip technology!

And other questions : How do you do concurrent work on a project with
RosAsm if the project is one file?
Do you use a file revision system?
Do you merge modifications by hand by copying blocks in the main RosAsm
version?
Do you have to wait somebody has finished working to begin modifying the
project?

I really suspect that multiple files is mandatory when working with a
large team on the same project.
From: Betov on
Frank Kotler <fbkotler(a)comcast.net> ?crivait news:J9WdnXjJ3_qKiK3eRVn-
hQ(a)comcast.com:

> Betov wrote:
>
>> You cannot remove half of a Source from a RosAsm
>> produced PE.
>
> Wanna bet?

:))))))

No, i can't compete, in matter of bets, with an
Hexa Editor.

:))))))

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Guga on
"So if I were to build an app with some clip library functions, are
they copied directly into your source, or simply referenced?"

At the actual stage of the developments, if you use the clip feature,
they are copied.

"If I were then to later update the clip library with superior
functions, will rosasm automatically make those changes to my source,
or would I have to manually locate the function, remove it, and
re-paste the new clip library code?"

Automating the process can be used on the DIS system that will be also
used to update the fucntions for the clip feature. So, once you build
your code and wants to store your own functions to be used as an
internal "library" some automation could be necessary to also update it
onto the clip feature.

An integration betwen the DIS system and the clip features is not out
of the development plans. Also updating the clip feature itself for
this purposes (The integration with the DIS system, i mean) eventually
will be done too when we finish the other works we are currently on.

"How do you do concurrent work on a project with RosAsm if the project
is one file?"

You mean, several people working on the same project ? Simple....they
have the source for each part and work on the parts of it individually.
It is how is done with RosAsm itself...several people are working at
the same time on a different part of the project. When some of us
finishes something, it only requires an update on the targeted version.

For example, you are working on a game development. You built the
skeleton of parts of the game and the major code is assembled
(compiled). You are working, let´s say on a particle system, another
team is working on a editor for the scenarios, another is building on
the Gui. Once the teams wants to see if their code is being assembled,
all they need to do is compile the parts of the code they are currently
working on. So, when all of each team have finished their coding and
wants to put together on the whole game, all they need to do is merge
the files in the targeted project.

The targeted file, instead having the "include" command, will contain
only separated TITLES for each part. Example, the skeleton contains:

TITLE Main
(Main code a certain team is working on - work of Team 1)

TITLE Particles
(At 1st, it is empty on the main project - The particles code that the
other team is currectly working. Here is the place where their code
will be merged. work of Team 2)

TITLE Gui
(At 1st, it is empty on the main project - The gui code that the other
team is currectly working. Here is the place where their code will be
merged. work of Team 2)

Teams 2 and 3 are working independently..so, there is no need that
their sources have titles because the main target project already have
one.

All it is needed is you open one of the sources in RosAsm, and merge
the other clicking on Replace the source. So, You click on replace Gui
Title from Team 3 on the Main Target project. It will replace the empty
Gui Title with the code related for the GUI that the team 3 is
working....

The same for team 2.

At the end all is needed is merge the code when each team is finishing,
and start testing the produced app.

"Do you use a file revision system? "

Not sure if i understood this...But....a revision can be done whit the
security item settled to checked to on the configurations
menu...Whenever a source is changed, you is warned when you are trying
to assembled it.

About the revision itself...(I´ll try to answer in what i understood
the question...so..if this is not what you asked, pls explain to me
what exactly you mean.). If you meant for revision avoiding assemblying
bad instructions, this is already done in RosAsm..You can´t assemble
code that is not working...I mean, if you mistype something, or make
incorrect usage of mnemonics, your code won´t be assembled, because
RosAsm will warn about the error you are doing.

Whenever you suceed to assemble a project it means that your source
file have no errors.

"Do you merge modifications by hand by copying blocks in the main
RosAsm version?"

By Hand ? You mean..you have to write directly on the main target the
modificatinos ? If is that it..no...this is not ncessary. You can work
on a separated file and only merge it like above.

"Do you have to wait somebody has finished working to begin modifying
the project? "

No. You can work independetly. As i said, different teams can work on
different parts of the whole project.

"I really suspect that multiple files is mandatory when working with a
large team on the same project."

Yes....it is important. And this is allowed in RosAsm...each team can
work independently on a certain part of the whole project. It is not
necessary that each team have to wait for the other, or have to use the
whole source of them all.

Best Regards,

Guga

From: Betov on
Bertrand Augereau <bertrand_myfamilynamegoeshere(a)yahoo.fr> ?crivait

>>>So if I were to build an app with some clip library functions, are
>>>they copied directly into your source, or simply referenced? If I were
>>>then to later update the clip library with superior functions, will
>>>rosasm automatically make those changes to my source, or would I have
>>>to manually locate the function, remove it, and re-paste the new clip
>>>library code?
>>

>> Feel free to use an inferior technology, that will
>> foolish you, if this is what you prefer to the Asm
>> ways of programming, Paul:
>
> Why don't you answer the questions? This is the occasion to prove the
> superiority of the clip technology!

Because there is nothing to be answered: If the guy had
taken a look, he would know that the Clip System is for
small snippets, and that for more important Materials,
which can be shared by several Projects, on the same
Computer, there is the "IncInclude" Pre-Parser, that
does way more, and way better, than any "Include".

> And other questions : How do you do concurrent work on a project with
> RosAsm if the project is one file?

We depress [Ctrl]/[S] for saving the concerned TITLE, and
exchange the .asm File. For Resources exchanges, we also
have special Binary Formats, and all of these make the
exchanges as simple as a Click.

> Do you use a file revision system?

Of course not.

> Do you merge modifications by hand by copying blocks in the main RosAsm
> version?

Of course not.

> Do you have to wait somebody has finished working to begin modifying the
> project?

Our rule is quite simple: Once a volunteer has been attributed
a TITLE, _he_, and only _he_ is allowed to touch _his_ TITLE.

In other words, we never have two volunteers writing the same
TITLE at the same time, and when two volunteers "work around"
a same TITLE (for example, actualy, Guga and me working both
at a time on the LibScanner), there is one doing one task
(example, searching for the Doc, preparing the developements,
controling the progresses,...), while the other one really
_writes_ the TITLE.

When two volunteers really want to work (_write_) on the
same component, we divide the TITLE into two TITLEs. Example,
recently Ludwig, who is in charge of the Debugger, wrote
something for the Assembler... in a _separated_ TITLE.

When finished, merging two TITLEs is just a matter of
deleting one Statement in the Source.

> I really suspect that multiple files is mandatory when working with a
> large team on the same project.

Up to now, whatever number of volunteers working directly on
some part of RosAsm, we never had any problem, with the actual
methods, and, in my opinion, even though RosAsm has the most
important Team of Developpers for an Assembly Project, we could
even be 10 times more volunteers, that it would not make any
difference.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >