From: Charles A. Crayne on
On 21 Sep 2005 08:36:01 -0700
"randyhyde(a)earthlink.net" <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

:(a
:problem that has been reduced to the halting problem, which has been
:proven to be undecidable).

Only on machines with infinite memory.
From: Betov on
"randyhyde(a)earthlink.net" <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net> ?crivait

> You never saw it, but you put in a patch to print an error message
> (involving the name "Master PDF")? You have a strange way of "never
> seeing things."

Yes: We as well have an Anti-Virus security, as well...

:))

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Jim Carlock on
On 21 Sep 2005 08:36:01 -0700
"randyhyde(a)earthlink.net" <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net> posted:

:(a
:problem that has been reduced to the halting problem, which has been
:proven to be undecidable).

"Charles A. Crayne" <ccrayne(a)crayne.org> replied:
> Only on machines with infinite memory.

And there's a breaking point to everything, one subatomic particle
might travel from her machine to his machine but it won't be in
both places at the same time... UNLESS there's an alternative reality
indulging in hyperspatial liberties.

So maybe the appropriate question to ask is, Is RosAsm pregnant?

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup, thanks.

From: Bertrand Augereau on
Charles A. Crayne wrote:
> On 21 Sep 2005 08:36:01 -0700
> "randyhyde(a)earthlink.net" <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> :(a
> :problem that has been reduced to the halting problem, which has been
> :proven to be undecidable).
>
> Only on machines with infinite memory.

Whereas with enough finite memory, the problem is just intractable :)
From: wolfgang kern on

Charles A. Crayne replied to "randyhyde(a)earthlink.net"

| :(a
| :problem that has been reduced to the halting problem, which has been
| :proven to be undecidable).
|
| Only on machines with infinite memory.

Oh No, the Professor still sound out his theories ...
He may not have even read our posts in the past.

So for new readers I state it one more time:
"the halting problem does not apply to disassembling"
(see discussions on it in the history of ALA-posts).
__
wolfgang