First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Solder paste shelf life
Have some leaded, water soluble solder paste (Kester HM531) for the last 3.5 years. Used it yesterday and it seems to still work like new. IIRC, shelf life was given as the usual six months. What gives? ... 31 May 2010 14:11
Sony code
Four blinks & stop usualy means, no vertical deflection. Vince ... 31 May 2010 08:40
instructor solution manual for An Introduction to Modern Astrophysics (2nd Ed., Bradley W. Carroll & Dale A. Ostlie)
Here are instructor's solutions manuals to the scientific textbooks in PDF format. They cover solutions to all problems. If you need any, let me know its title, edition and author. If your title is not listed here don't worry because it is a list of some .. NOTE: This service is NOT free, and Don't reply here, inst... 30 May 2010 21:57
Cordless Panasonic phones
I recently purchased a pair of Panasonic KX-TG6522E cordless phones with answer machine. I have noticed that when I am having a conversation with someone I can hear his voice perfectly, but when I speak I can hear a tinny echo of my own voice delayed by about 200ms. However, my friend at the other end of the line can ... 1 Jun 2010 09:45
DTV decoder repair, capacitor gets too hot
I'm repairing a DTV decoder Saivod DT2012 (chip Cheertek and tuner LG) that had a swollen capacitor in the power supply. 6 months ago I already replaced this capacitor with a low ESR high quality 105 deg replacement but it just lasted 6 months and is swollen again. The capacitor is EC205 1000uF 16V and is the fil... 2 Jun 2010 22:01
Conformal coating breakdown.
Supposed to be there to keep damp/condensation out but over 20 years or so does the opposite. The waxy/jelly type coating (not the epoxy potting stuff) breaks down to an oily film that is probably hygroscopic - plenty of green copper carbonate and rotted IC pins. Gets inside chips capilliary-wise and rots them inte... 30 May 2010 14:21
Sony blink codes question
Posted problem with set several days ago. Model KDS 60A2000. Turn on set, power LED blinks 4 times, then repeats. Hoping someone here knows what this code is. Web search not helpful for my model. Thanks. ... 30 May 2010 14:21
40Gb Western Digital hard drive
Hi, Hoping to benefit from the collective wisdom of the group with regard to computer systems. So far over a period of about 2 years I've brought home from the scrapyard three different E-machine computers, all of which had a blown-up power supply made by Bestec - I get the feeling that that is reason enough to ... 4 Jun 2010 11:27
Replacement EEPROM
The TI TBP18SA030 is a 16 pin fusible link PROM. 32 X 8 bits. Anybody got some suggestions on what I can use for a replacement? The SN74S188 is supposed to be the same, but that doesn't solve my problem. I'm looking for something along the lines of 27C64 or such. I don't mind making up a 16 -> 28 pin adapter.... 30 May 2010 18:42
Update on NOISY Whirlpool Dehumidifier
Hi, I think I have finally "tamed the beast". My latest technique (two boards with long threaded rods, see below) is working! I have been using the dehumidifier for the past two weeks since, and it is hard to believe the dehumidifier noise level remains normal ! John On... 28 May 2010 09:20