First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Sound Technology ST-1700B distortion analyzer measurement pegs meter on low range.
"Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terrell(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message news:T-ednVZAeKq1RIHRnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d(a)earthlink.com... David Farber wrote: One of my ~30 year old Sound Technology distortion/power analyzers has a problem. It's been sitting around for a number of years because I had a spare. ... 21 Jun 2010 15:48
Need a little help troubleshooting a tv
I bought a used Sanyo DS27930 television for a 2nd tv and there are faint whitish lines running through the screen when I watch [digital] satellite through the coax, also a steady hum. It doesn't happen on component or composite. The picture on coax also isn't as good as the other two. I never noticed the probl... 21 Jun 2010 10:13
World most advanced SPAM
On 19/06/2010 16:57, Namra Sohail wrote: http://science-n-technologyworld.blogSPAM/ Check out the following URL, and do the necessary thing ... <http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/request.py?hl=en&contact_type=spam> -- Adrian C ... 19 Jun 2010 13:28
Simple hack to get $1500 to your home.
PeterD wrote: Ah, you know what they say: "Make it more expensive if no one wants it at the current price..." It worked for my uncle when he sold his farm back in the '50s. No one wanted his mules for $25 each, so he waited a few weeks and offered them for $75 each. They sold the same day. ... 21 Jun 2010 18:03
Schematics & standards
Using a rectangle for a resistor allows the value to be inserted in it - quite useful where they're close. And therefore 4K7 takes up less room than 4.7K - and a full stop is more easily missed when reading. Similarly a circle for an electrolytic, oval for non electrolytic. After all, an IC is just a box - not a re... 24 Jun 2010 06:22
Sound Technology ST-1700B distortion analyzer measurement pegs meter on low range.
One of my ~30 year old Sound Technology distortion/power analyzers has a problem. It's been sitting around for a number of years because I had a spare. The symptom is that when you are measuring distortion and move the rotary selector switch one step from the 1% range to the .3% range, the meter goes from a nea... 20 Jun 2010 01:24
Schematics & standards
Someone else made a comment in another thread here about weird schematics (like for home appliances). Wanted to get a small discussion going on that topic. My take: there are good and bad standards for schematics. Personally, I can't stand the ones that use rectangle shapes for resistors, instead of the tradit... 19 Jun 2010 05:52
Yamaha MM8 synth: Every 6th key dead
Hi, Hac anyone experienced or repaired a Yamaha synth with this symptom? I suspect it might be a loose keyboard connector or something. Thanks for comments and suggestions. regards Geir ... 18 Jun 2010 16:52
Fusible resistors queries
When did they first arrive and do they always have an unusual body colour? There is a patent reference to 1977 but when would the first appearance in domestic equipment have been ?. Resistors that fail open circuit if a designed-in current capacity weak point is exceeded , fuse-fashion, not just the thermal limit o... 18 Jun 2010 21:17
Sony KV27FS210 stopped working
TV is about 6 or 7 years old and had been taking a while to come on for several days. I'd turn it on, the red led indicator would blink a few times, then it would take a few minutes for the picture to come on, sometimes accompanied by a loud noise. Then there was a surge of some kind in the house, not lightning,... 18 Jun 2010 15:45