From: neil on
and unfortunately after so long users complaining about these things and not
getting anywhere the idea that a SW CEO might actually deliver on something
asked for meets with a "yeah, right.." response which in itself is an
unfortunate comment on relations

but ok on reflection I am prepared to give the new man a chance - over the
next release will all be able to see whether his words were just slick
ointment for SWW...

if he means it and delivers Mr Ray will have the honour of being 'the'
industry leader who recognised CAD times have changed and it requires a
different approach and all users will thank him because the whole CAD
industry will have new rules to play by.

of course I will still keep telling him what to do and say lest he messes
up.. ;o)

From: iQ on
buggs in the software, that do not seem to get fixed.

using versions of OS that are know to cause problems.

lack of real support to our internal issues, not to mention actaul
statements from SolidWorks corp. that they will not be doing anything
to some of our internal issues, no future advancements to support
these issues.

crashing issues that cannot be reproduced.

degrading software the more we use it forcing us to rebuild computers
multiple times in the year.

service packs issues.

issues with gold partner add-in packages.

different issues depending on how i install to same service packages.

lack of in-house support to help with issues, free or paid by us. i
am being told that this will never happen.

i can continue, but i have other things to do. this is forcing our
company to look at other software packages.

i have had issues with CAD programs that forced a company to change
software but never from functional/support/problem issues. i want you
to know that talking with other CAD vendors, they are gobbling these
issues up.

it just goes to show you that "never follow a winner, always follow a
loser. you will look far much better." iQ
From: fcsuper on
There is a new focus on improving the quality of the product,
supposedly. The presumption is that they will start making quality a
higher priortiy, but 2009 seems to have A LOT of new capabilities. So
who really knows. That said, the changes announced for 2009 so far
are awesome and I can't way to get my handed on it.

Matt Lorono
http://sw.fcsuper.com
From: jon_banquer on
On Jan 24, 6:18 pm, fcsuper <fcsu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a new focus on improving the quality of the product,
> supposedly. The presumption is that they will start making quality a
> higher priortiy, but 2009 seems to have A LOT of new capabilities. So
> who really knows. That said, the changes announced for 2009 so far
> are awesome and I can't way to get my handed on it.
>
> Matt Loronohttp://sw.fcsuper.com

Where are the improvement to the Feature Manager in SolidWorks 2009?

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA

From: brewertr on
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:49:17 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
<jon_banquer(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Where are the improvement to the Feature Manager in SolidWorks 2009?
>
>Jon Banquer

" I dropped out of high school <snip> and never went back" - Jon
Banquer - Dec 28, 2002