From: Cliff on
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:59:04 -0800, brewertr(a)aol.com wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:26:59 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
><jon_banquer(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Now it's correct
>
>"I dropped out of high school to pursue my dream of making a lot of
>money and never went back" - Jon Banquer - Dec 28, 2002
>
>So your planned path to making a lot of money is quitting school and
>becoming a machine operator while posing as a CAD/CAM expert in
>cyberspace.
>
>How are you planning on turning this into a lot of money?
>
>Not working for HSMWorks it seems:
>
>"I'm committed to working with HSMWorks to doing just that. Shouldn't
>be too hard because their head of US operations and I see things in
>almost the exact same way and because HSMWorks is interested in what I
>have to say and wants to work with me." - Jon Banquer -
>
>"Jon is not affiliated with HSMWorks ApS in any way and that we cannot
>control what people are writing on the web. Anybody can get
>evaluation licenses of HSMWorks and test it themselves. I hope this
>clarifies any doubt." - HSMWorks ApS -

Let's not forget the claimed 16 hours of SW videos (and the
much better $25 ones he did not get) that took him over 4
months to watch (if he ever finished them to this day) that
left him so utterly clueless about SW & CAD/CAM.
Perhaps his voices are asking that box ..
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:32:22 -0800, brewertr(a)aol.com wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:18:49 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
><jon_banquer(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>"So my planned path to making a lot of money was to become a machine
>>operator while posing as a CAD/CAM expert in cyberspace
>
>And how has that worked out for you Jon?

He's a joke on the BBS systems & on Usenet to this day. Some of
the actual developers and vendors do treasure some of his posts
though. They post hardcopies in their break areas for the chuckles.
He'd probably love to know which vendors & developers (I probably
don't know of all of them) but I'm not telling <G>.
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 08:35:43 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer <jon_banquer(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Ignorant:
>
>"Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong
>decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times
>that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and
>after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as
>well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a
>decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned
>out poorly." .... Tom Brewer

"EDS/Unigraphics and SDRC are all American companies" - Jan 9 2002 by
jon_banquer

[
>Would you reccomend it to others?

ABSOLUTELY !!!! Well...not to Bottleboob.
The AFR technology is all done by GSSL in India. GSSL
has contracts with UG, SDRC, SolidWorks, etc for their Automatic
and Interactive Feature Recognition Technology.

>Will this be the same macro language UG uses with the same
>capabilities?

No, but they are ALL similar. You are using a macro language to
automate the CAM process in some way no matter what CAM system it
is. It might help you to focus on the CAM automation concept rather
than the specific language or specfic CAM program.

> Are they posting here?

No. I don't think we have enough CAM users who appreciate the value
of UG CAM.
>Don't you know SmartCAM?

If SmartCAM was still a going concern and I did not believe so heavily
in Automatic Feature Recognition, I would learn SmartCAM because I
believe it was / is still FAR ahead of most CAM programs. The founders
of SmartCAM had the vision thing....BIG TIME, IN SPADES !!! You don't
even post with SmartCAM, you generate G-code as you go along. SmartCAM
was designed as a CAM system for automation and to deal with any kind
of change at any time. Point Control was so far ahead of it's time
compared to SURFCAM, MasterCAM, GibbSCAM, DP, etc. It's tragic that
SDRC killed it.
] - Jan 29 2002 by jon_banquer

[
The toolpath editing in SmartCAM is used by better SmartCAM users (not Brewer)
to create optimized toolpaths for production.
] - Dec 21 2007 by jon_banquer

[
Only SmartCAM provides full toolpath editing, right down to individual toolpath
elements. Our users depend on SmartCAM to give them complete control of ...
In the area of total toolpath control SmartCAM is still far ahead and it has
] - Dec 19 2007 by jon_banquer

[
Other systems like esprit, smartcam, etc.. allow you to easily add things
to the toolpath
] - Dec 17 2007 by jon_banquer

[
If I want training on my SDRC product it comes to $350.00 per day for class
room training, how many students could afford this? Where can a company send an
employee for low cost training? Took training at DP in Hartford with a group of
people....was bored out of my mind.
] - Sep 26 1998 by Jon Banquer

[
GSSL also just recently signed a contract with SDRC for advanced development.
They are a very, very, serious firm that is only going to get bigger and attract
more clients, like SDRC. I believe GSSL's feature recognition package will be in
SolidWorks 98 Plus
] - Aug 7 1998 by Jon Banquer

like my MDT 3.0 very much, and my SDRC Ideas MS6, but I am saddly stating I am
purchasing a seat of SolidWorks to do some of my cavity design work. But there
is no way, I will give up my MDT
] - Oct 5 1998 by Jon Banquer ?

[
I also looked at SDRC Ideas, NICE package.
] - Sep 16 1998 by Jon Banquer

[
I take in the demo of SmartCAM, (Hopefully soon.) I will have a much better idea
of what to look for. I will be evaluating it for a client who is unhappy with
his current 2 1/2D system. It is apparent to me now, that it gives complete
control graphically over the tool path
] - Jun 20 1998 by Jon Banquer

[
SmartCAM, by the way, has always given you direct, graphical control over the
toolpath.
] - Jun 12 1998 by Jon Banquer ?

"No package ported to Windows is a good idea" - May 27 1998 by Jon Banquer ?

"Spent maybe two days on SmartCAM and felt in an hour it was better than
MasterCAM" - Jun 7 1998 by Jon Banquer

"SmartCAM was a superior product to MasterCAM" - Jun 6 1998 by Jon Banquer

"I'm using Smartcam for 2d and 4th axis work, don't need solids." - Jun 4 1998
by Jon Banquer ?

"SmartCAM Freeform does multi-surface maching as well as it can be done ,
absolutely no need to have a solid for toolpath that involves many, many
surfaces." - Jun 18 1998 by Jon Banquer

"SmartCAM has full graphical control over the tool path. I have only used
SmartCAM once for a few hours. Not a lot of shops in CT have SmartCAM... mostly
MasterCAM. I used SmartCAM once for a few hours and did recognize that it was
powerful." - Jun 12 1998 by Jon Banquer

"SmartCAM uses Code generation not post processing," - Jun 12 1998 by Jon
Banquer

"This was especially true of SmartCAM, who in my view appears to STILL be
light years ahead of MasterCAM" - Jul 10 1998 by Jon Banquer

Etc.
--
Cliff
From: albert.inspirtech on
A very good point was made. SolidWorks is a tool... much like
Microsoft Word. AS good as it gets if I am make a good and type you
instead of your or did in stead of didn't it cannont fix it. Much the
same way if you are expecting SolidWorks to understand exaclty what
you are thinking... good luck!!!

Al whatmough

www.inspirtech.com

From: Joe788 on
On Jan 26, 4:59 pm, brewe...(a)aol.com wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:26:59 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
>
> <jon_banq...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Now it's correct
>
> "I dropped out of high school to pursue my dream of making a lot of
> money and never went back" - Jon Banquer - Dec 28, 2002
>
> So your planned path to making a lot of money is quitting school and
> becoming a machine operator while posing as a CAD/CAM expert in
> cyberspace.
>
> How are you planning on turning this into a lot of money?
>
> Not working for HSMWorks it seems:
>
> "I'm committed to working with HSMWorks to doing just that. Shouldn't
> be too hard because their head of US operations and I see things in
> almost the exact same way and because HSMWorks is interested in what I
> have to say and wants to work with me." - Jon Banquer -
>
> "Jon is not affiliated with HSMWorks ApS in any way and that we cannot
> control what people are writing on the web. Anybody can get
> evaluation licenses of HSMWorks and test it themselves. I hope this
> clarifies any doubt." - HSMWorks ApS -

I wonder why Jonnie Bonkers has been so quiet about HSMWorks lately?
Not a single mention of it.