From: Bo on
What all we SolidWorks users & Company's who buy their Software should
all be doing is WRITING letters to SolidWorks insisting that Software
Quality-Bug fixes become the #1 priority for a truly solid SolidWorks,
before the software is released!

The lack of the care in initial programming & fixes costs us DEARLY in
time losses. These are hard dollar losses in the productivity of some
of the more highly paid staff.

#2nd, Solidworks needs a stated plan for OS migration if Microsoft
keeps screwing up their OS security, speed and ease of use. Vista
being panned, MS says Win7 will hit in 2009. Maybe, but given MS
failure to deliver an "industrial strength OS", I don't believe them.
I know software developers who quietly under their breath bemoan
having believed the Gates' line in the early-mid 90s and wrote for
Windows, only to be let down time and again (not even considering
security issues).

Unigraphics trusts Unix flavors HP-UX, SGI IRIX, IBM AIX and Sun
Solaris. Unix has and is being done right. So when is SolidWorks
going to get on board?

Writing letters carries more weight than email.

Thanks - Bo
From: kidnappedbrainteaser on
There are countless threads on every news group regarding the UI v.
Bugs issue. Unfortunately, flashy new features sells software,
stability does not.
From: Bo on
On Jan 23, 9:49 am, kidnappedbraintea...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> There are countless threads on every news group regarding the UI v.
> Bugs issue. Unfortunately, flashy new features sells software,
> stability does not.

Which is why we need to write.

Bo
From: Dale Dunn on
Bo <bo(a)tilikum.com> wrote in news:1fbc3321-fdbb-4b4e-bb67-8b9a1e642bc8
@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

> On Jan 23, 9:49�am, kidnappedbraintea...(a)gmail.com wrote:
>> There are countless threads on every news group regarding the UI v.
>> Bugs issue. Unfortunately, flashy new features sells software,
>> stability does not.
>
> Which is why we need to write.
>
> Bo

What is your take on the news from SWW?
From: Bo on
On Jan 23, 10:25 am, Dale Dunn <daled...(a)atjamestool.com> wrote:
> Bo <b...(a)tilikum.com> wrote in news:1fbc3321-fdbb-4b4e-bb67-8b9a1e642bc8
> @s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com:
>
> > On Jan 23, 9:49 am, kidnappedbraintea...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> >> There are countless threads on every news group regarding the UI v.
> >> Bugs issue. Unfortunately, flashy new features sells software,
> >> stability does not.
>
> > Which is why we need to write.
>
> > Bo
>
> What is your take on the news from SWW?

I only know that reading a note said that the new CEO, Mr. Ray, CEO
of SolidWorks is promising more stable and well designed software in
the future.