From: jimsym on
Pete,

Dell doesn't support Vista on the M70. They don't even supply a video
driver for it. Vista might install on the system, but performance
won't be good. I wouldn't recommend running SW Vista on the M70.

The newer M65, M90, M4300 and M6300 notebooks all have Vista drivers
that are in the process of being tested by SolidWorks Corp.

From: jimsym on
> Have there been any problems with the combination of Solidworks
> 2007 and Vista?

Back to the original question...SolidWorks 2007 Vista Version is
Prerelease only and will never be fully supported. If you must stick
with SW2007, stick with XP.

You can get the HP 8510w and 8710w mobile workstations configured with
WinXP 64 and have full support for 4GB RAM. (Max RAM supported on any
notebook.)

From: pete on
Thanks Jim, for the info.

Performance is quite good on the M70, with all the Vista bells, turned off.
I got the graphics working by using Forceware drivers, though not great, I
must admit, even though It managed to get "Realview" working.

It was an old machine that was laying around, so I thought I would give it a
go.

No loss to myself, but a few points were proved about Solidworks 2007 and
Vista.

No, the Solidworks 2008 and Vista business test, is on a the new machine,
using an AMD am2 x2 5000, with 8 GB ram and an Nvidia fx3400. This coupled
with a Seasonic M12 600w psu and a Asus M2 Crosshair motherboard. Yes I know
the Crossshair is a gaming mobo, but again, if is left laying around, it
gets used, lol.

Sometimes I love my job, !!!! quick get a medic!

From: Phil Evans on
Thanks, a simple answer to a simple question.

I am so weary of simple enquiries luring the trolls out of the
woodwork.

From: Joe on
On Oct 2, 10:25 am, PotFlower <PotFlo...(a)Daisy.org> wrote:
> I bet yor the kind that uses a wrench to knock in nails.

Every tool is a hammer. Except for screwdrivers...those are
chisels. :)

Joe Dunfee

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8