From: setup on
In article <dk5p1q$1c90$1(a)f04n12.cac.psu.edu>, emh203(a)psu.edu says...
> Peter Alfke wrote:
> > New Zealand is ahead of the rest of the world, as usual...
> > Peter
>
> So when will the Spartan 3e actually be available?????? I can't even
> get my hands on a few chips. This is somewhat upsetting because the
> same thing happening with the Spartan 3.
>
> Even though I love the Xilinx stuff, it seems really damn hard to get
> the parts!
>
> -Eli

I just received 8 XC3S500-4PQ208CES's (engineering samples) from AvNet
a week or so ago.

I'm wishing I would have used a Spartan 2E now because I can't seem
to get a 8bit BLVDS working. It receives but it does not transmit.
Same circuit works on VertexII and Spartan2E no problem...

--
Greg Deuerling
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
From: Benjamin Todd on
If it's any help I just (last week) ordered a S3E evaluation board through
avnet, they said it'll be here tomorrow (2.11)
It's not the Xilinx one, but if you _really_ want an S3E, you know where to
go... =)
Ben

From: Antti Lukats on

"Jim Granville" <no.spam(a)designtools.co.nz> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Antti Lukats wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> sneak preview: on my harddisk I have a tool I call 'Logic Assembler' it
>> can serve as front end for almost any FPGA/PLD for what the vendor
>> fitter/mapper exists.
>
> Hi Antti,
> Care to post some code examples ? Output format(s) ?
> -jg

main output format is vendor specific EDIF

input formats supported for now are logic assembler text mode or xilinx ISE
schematics.
also working on netlist imports from CAE tools.

below is test code that work on Atmel FPSLIC starterboard.
the output is processed with Atmel Figaro.

----------------------
..vendor atmel
..family at94k
..library at94k

input I
output O

input I1
output O1

ibuf I_IBUF
obuf O_OBUF

ibuf I_IBUF1
obuf O_OBUF1

O = O_OBUF.PAD
I_IBUF.PAD = I
O_OBUF.A = I_IBUF.Q

O1 = O_OBUF1.PAD
I_IBUF1.PAD = I1
O_OBUF1.A = I_IBUF1.Q
----------------------

really simple.

From: Antti Lukats on
"Benjamin Todd" <benjamin.toddREMOVEALLCAPITALS(a)cernREMOVEALLCAPITALS.ch>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dk7jil$4n$1(a)sunnews.cern.ch...
> If it's any help I just (last week) ordered a S3E evaluation board through
> avnet, they said it'll be here tomorrow (2.11)
> It's not the Xilinx one, but if you _really_ want an S3E, you know where
> to go... =)
> Ben
>
> "Eric Smith" <eric(a)brouhaha.com> wrote in message
>> "Antti Lukats" <antti(a)openchip.org> writes:
>>> to my surprise Avnet claimed that they have shipped about 400 s3e kits
>>> and
>>
>> That's their own XC3S100E board, not the Xilinx starter board with the
>> XC3S500E.

yes I know the avnet board,.I wanted to get it the day it was announced, but
at work everybody refuses to talk about s3e. and dont think I can order as
private person :( So the only way to get this board would be to pay some
friend that orders for his company and then ships it to me.

Antti

From: Peter Alfke on
I promised an answer. The digging took a bit longer...

The good news is that Xilinx has many thousands of S3e100 in TQ144, and
hundreds in vq100 packages, as well as many S3500 in several packages.
The bad new is that -today- these parts are still ES ("early silicon")
which distribution hates to touch, because the parts will become
obsolete very soon, once the production version becomes available.

If you need them immediately, order them through your distributor or
your Xilinx sales folks. And realize that "6 to 8 weeks" is often
exaggerated.

Production S3e100 and 500s are expected this month, and 1600 soon
after. And the distis will love to sell them (which they consider their
job, even in Europe !).

I have held the almost final version of the S3e500-based evaluation
board in my hand. It is dynamite, loaded with features and peripherl
circuits, compatible with a slew of inexpensive Digilent add-on boards.
Availability starts in December. Well before that, there will be a
business-card-size eval board, packaged in a DVD-case, meant as a
super-low-cost S3e100 demonstrator.

Spartan3e is really rolling, and will soon be a big success. Too bad
that Marketing created expectations that were impossible to meet.
Keep the faith, Spartan3e is real, and it is coming!
Peter Alfke, Xilinx

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Error (XST): translate terminal to FCT
Next: Memory in VHDL