First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Moving and incrementing directory names
At the start of a run, I have an output directory called "answers" which is from my last run. Before my new run, I want to move this to "answers_1" and create a new answers dir. Then on a later run I will have a new "answers" which I will want t o rename to "answers_2". So each run, I want to look to see what ... 15 Jun 2010 17:37
Overlaying a transparent image on a window?
Hi all, I want to display a transparent image in the middle of a Tk window. Is this possible with Tk? Right now I create a label with the image, and I place it in the middle of the toplevel: label .label -image HourglassWindow place .label -anchor c -relx 0.5 -rely 0.5 But labels cannot have the {} ba... 16 Jun 2010 04:31
interp target
I'd like to create a command alias and later do some introspection; firstly I'd like to know if the command is an alias and if so what the target is but $ proc foo {} {} $ interp alias {} bar {} foo but $ interp target {} $bar <empty list> as per the documentation for TCL 8.5 Does anyone have an alternat... 14 Jun 2010 15:07
update vs update idletasks
I have found that when creating multiple items on a canvas that in order for them to be drawn as they're created on Windows I have to use 'update' whereas on Linux I can use 'update idletasks'. Is that expected behaviour or is it a bug in one of them? Thanks, Simon ... 16 Jun 2010 05:35
how to keep Edit menu on Mac OS X
I found: 1. If I don't configure a menubar, there is a "default menu" on Mac OS X 10.05 for my application that contains an Edit menu, with "Copy", "Paste", "Clear" options. 2. If I configure a menubar, my menu replaces "default menu", thus if I didn't define an "Edit" menu, there is no "... 14 Jun 2010 08:24
how to stop using anti-aliased under X11 in tk8.5
From Tk 8.5: Other Things You Should Know <http://www.markroseman.com/tcl/guide85.html> *Antialiased text under X11, Mac OS X.* This allows Tk to fit in much better with modern desktops; the lack of antialiased fonts has been a frequent criticism recently, particularly on Linux. Based on Xft on X... 14 Jun 2010 06:14
expect SIGSEGV on Linux
Hi, inside an expect script that connects to an external datasrc via a TCP socket, then spawns -open $sock, then exp_background for multiple regexp patterns incl. expecting eof, I reopen and respawn the TCP connection to my external source when it "goes away" i.e. the eof script agument is run. inside that script... 14 Jun 2010 05:09
TileQt - the current status
Few days ago I read somewhere on this group a discussion about themes for Tile. TileQt and TileGTK status came out by the way, so here it is, as I tested it on Linux few minutes ago. Straight from CVS. I hope it's good enough feedback. [TileQt] 1. Won't compile until line "#define TILE_VERSION TTK_VERSION" is... 14 Jun 2010 11:45
bypass physical <<paste>> event
Hi All, Perhaps someone out there in cyberspace can help me with this one... I'm working on a Windows XP machine and trying to evoke a function before a physical <<paste>> event. More specifically, I'm trying to execute a function AFTER a <<paste>> event using a <Control-v> bind and having no success; the fun... 18 Jun 2010 12:25
Increasing three digit numbers in a string by one
I'd like to increase all three digit numbers in a relatively long string (1k-5k) by one. The common perl idiom would be: s/(\d{3})/$1 + 1/ge The /e flag specifies that the replacement should be evaluated as an expression rather than the string. This gives me exactly what I want (I have ignored complications... 15 Jun 2010 06:30