From: otter on
On Jul 22, 9:52 pm, otter <bighorn_b...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 6:15 pm, otter <bighorn_b...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 22, 11:52 am, Bowser <Ca...(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:

> > > Thanks for the compliments! I did reply to your mail, and asked that
> > > you market the photo, sell it, make a ton of money, and then send me
> > > the money.
>
> > > I'm good with that.
>
> > Yeah, OK, I'll get started on it.  :-)- Hide quoted text -

> OK here is my version of Bowser's pidgeons, complete with Siskerized
> sky.  I could go either way with the sky, but notice that the "make
> dull skies blue" tool applies a gradient to make it blend better,
> unlike John's attempts.
>
> I can also possibly see leaving the white bouys in, but the boat
> people have to go.
>
> If anyone wants to buy this, send me money, and I'll pass it on to
> Bowser.
>
> - Otter- Hide quoted text -

Doh! It would help if I gave the link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/4820106670/sizes/l/in/set-72157624562018734/

From: Peter on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:08:54 -0400, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:44:20 -0400, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net>
>>wrote:
>>: "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>: news:hsbf46lianuui5emcuipq1a9qk9d0b5f89(a)4ax.com...
>>: > On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:26:44 -0700 (PDT), otter
>>: > <bighorn_bill(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>: >
>>: >> I even Siskerized the sky.
>>: >
>>: > A new word may have emerged in the lexicon of the photographer.
>>: >
>>: > John may go down in history as a modern Thomas Bowdler, Mrs Malaprop,
>>: > and other eponymous figures.
>>
>>: Your comment blew over my head
>>
>>I'll gladly refudiate that.
>
> A Palinesquedrome.

In her case it would be drone.

--
Peter

From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:54:22 -0700 (PDT), otter
<bighorn_bill(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Jul 22, 9:52�pm, otter <bighorn_b...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>> > Yeah, OK, I'll get started on it. �:-)- Hide quoted text -

>> OK here is my version of Bowser's pidgeons, complete with Siskerized
>> sky. �I could go either way with the sky, but notice that the "make
>> dull skies blue" tool applies a gradient to make it blend better,
>> unlike John's attempts.
>>
>> I can also possibly see leaving the white bouys in, but the boat
>> people have to go.
>>
>> If anyone wants to buy this, send me money, and I'll pass it on to
>> Bowser.
>>
>> - Otter- Hide quoted text -

>Doh! It would help if I gave the link:
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/4820106670/sizes/l/in/set-72157624562018734/

For some reason I see something in this version, that I didn't see in
the original version, that bothers me: the wedge of sky makes it look
like the horizon is badly tilted even though the actual shoreline *is*
straight. Perhaps it's because the sky is brighter or perhaps it's
because we're simply over-analyzing the photo.

I really liked the original in the Shoot-In. Now I'm looking at
everything except the pigeons.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: otter on
On Jul 22, 10:04 pm, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:54:22 -0700 (PDT), otter
>

> <bighorn_b...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> OK here is my version of Bowser's pidgeons, complete with Siskerized
> >> sky.  I could go either way with the sky, but notice that the "make
> >> dull skies blue" tool applies a gradient to make it blend better,
> >> unlike John's attempts.
>
> >> I can also possibly see leaving the white bouys in, but the boat
> >> people have to go.
>
> >> If anyone wants to buy this, send me money, and I'll pass it on to
> >> Bowser.
>
> >> - Otter- Hide quoted text -

> >Doh!  It would help if I gave the link:
> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/4820106670/sizes/l/in/set-7...
>
> For some reason I see something in this version, that I didn't see in
> the original version, that bothers me:  the wedge of sky makes it look
> like the horizon is badly tilted even though the actual shoreline *is*
> straight.  Perhaps it's because the sky is brighter or perhaps it's
> because we're simply over-analyzing the photo.
>
> I really liked the original in the Shoot-In.  Now I'm looking at
> everything except the pigeons.
>
> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, probably better without the blue sky.
From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:54:37 -0400, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:08:54 -0400, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:
>>
>>>On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:44:20 -0400, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net>
>>>wrote:
>>>: "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>>: news:hsbf46lianuui5emcuipq1a9qk9d0b5f89(a)4ax.com...
>>>: > On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:26:44 -0700 (PDT), otter
>>>: > <bighorn_bill(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>: >
>>>: >> I even Siskerized the sky.
>>>: >
>>>: > A new word may have emerged in the lexicon of the photographer.
>>>: >
>>>: > John may go down in history as a modern Thomas Bowdler, Mrs Malaprop,
>>>: > and other eponymous figures.
>>>
>>>: Your comment blew over my head
>>>
>>>I'll gladly refudiate that.
>>
>> A Palinesquedrome.
>>

>In her case it would be drone.

Naw, she's *perky*. Kinda like Gracie Allen except not as smart.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last