From: Ray Fischer on
sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 25 okt, 23:39, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>> sobriquet �<dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >Your problem is that you've invested time and effort to produce
>> >something that
>> >is devoid of commercial value.
>>
>> If it's devoid of value then you have no excuse or justification for
>> making copies.
>
>Did you miss the word 'commercial'?

Wholly irrelevant. "Value" isn't determined by "commercial".

>> So are you lying when you claim you have the right to copy it for your
>> own benefit, or are you lying when you claim it has no value?
>
>Do you feel an obsessive compulsive urge to express the value of

You're just a slimebag crook.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: sobriquet on
On 26 okt, 01:57, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> sobriquet  <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> But the money has no physical reality.  It's just numbers.

> >> Nope.  Your "account" has no physical reality.  It's just numbers.
>
> >You're right in the sense that money is an abstraction just like
> >bitstrings.
>
> So if "stealing" one set of bitstrings is justified then so is another.

One set of bitstrings?
What other set of bitstrings did you have in mind... oh I get it.
Bitstrings that represent money?
Well, that argument would work if we would employ bitstrings to
represent money instead of banknotes.
In the bank they might employ bitstrings to represent money, but the
bank doesn't publish those bitstrings in a way that allows people to
easily distribute and duplicate those bitstrings in a way that allows
them to 'steal' (or duplicate) money.

If people hack your bank account and take money from your account,
they are not stealing bitstrings but stealing money and that money is
your property, not your intellectual property.

> But you're just a slezy hypocrite who tries to justify stealing from
> people like every other petty crook.
>
> --
> Ray Fischer
> rfisc...(a)sonic.net

You're just a fascist cockroach if you seriously think people can
steal bitstrings or own them as intellectual property where they get
to dictate to the rest of the world what they are allowed to do with
those bitstrings with licensing to their heart's content.
From: sobriquet on
On 26 okt, 01:58, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> sobriquet  <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> If it's devoid of value then you have no excuse or justification for
> >> making copies.
>
> >Did you miss the word 'commercial'?
>
> Wholly irrelevant.  "Value" isn't determined by "commercial".

Motherly love is valuable and hence a simplistic idiot like you would
jump
to the conclusion that a mother deserves to be paid by her offspring
for providing
this service.

> >> So are you lying when you claim you have the right to copy it for your
> >> own benefit, or are you lying when you claim it has no value?
>
> >Do you feel an obsessive compulsive urge to express the value of
>
> You're just a slimebag crook.

Just because bitstrings can be valuable, that doesn't mean people can
claim ownership of them or expect to sell, buy and own them like
physical commodities, pretending they can't be easily duplicated and
distributed or denying there is any value in free access to culture
and knowledge (like the philosophy behind wikipedia or open source
software).
Intellectual property is capitalism destroying itself by frustrating
technological progress, impairing our ability to exploit the full
potential of information technology and stifling innovation and
creativity.

But it's futile explaining this to fascist cockroaches. When people
would explain in the past to corporations that relied on slavery for a
profit that their practices are unacceptable, I think they were
probably equally unimpressed by any appeal to human rights or some
equivalent appeal to fairness, justice and freedom.

The freedom of one person to claim authorship of some bitstring
doesn't involve ownership in the sense of the freedom to deny others
access or use of that bitstring, as all bitstrings belong to the
public domain.
Just like "all humans should be free (there are no humans who are
allowed to own other humans as property)" is an equally sensible
statement for anyone with any common sense.

From: Savageduck on
On 2009-10-25 14:04:24 -0700, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens(a)sum.co.nz> said:

> Just think: a real live nihilist!

In that case he needs an encounter with "The Dude" and a bowling ball.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Ray Fischer on
sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 26 okt, 01:57, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>> sobriquet �<dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >You're right in the sense that money is an abstraction just like
>> >bitstrings.
>>
>> So if "stealing" one set of bitstrings is justified then so is another.
>
>One set of bitstrings?
>What other set of bitstrings did you have in mind... oh I get it.
>Bitstrings that represent money?

And who says you're slow.

>Well, that argument would work if we would employ bitstrings to
>represent money instead of banknotes.

And we do. Do you believe that the bank has a stack of bills for all
the money that they keep?

>In the bank they might employ bitstrings to represent money, but the
>bank doesn't publish those bitstrings in a way that allows people to
>easily distribute and duplicate those bitstrings in a way that allows

So now you're arguing that it's okay for you to be a thief because
people don't stop you from being a thief.

Just the sort of sociopathic immorality we expect from crooks.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net