From: PD on
On Apr 30, 2:18 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 30, 10:29 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD:  Some readers, who don't know either of us from Adam, may
> think that your sidestepping of science is credible.  An attack on...
> the messenger (me) is a quick put-down that you had to have learned
> (tongue-in-cheek—ha!) very early won't work on me.  If the regular
> readers of my posts and replies got to vote, they'd probably say that
> I'm beating you in the "one-up-manship" by a two to one margin.  But
> you're still around… because you won't stay on any discussion long
> enough to get the life squished out of your... 'science'.  I enjoy
> knowing that you haven't won; can't; and won't win, PD.  That
> qualifies you as a looser; doesn't it?  — NoEinstein —

I'm fascinated by this idea you have of winning or losing.

We're having a discussion about physics. I'm explaining to you what we
know matches experiment, and what the definitions of the words are
that are used in physics, what the equations mean, and how that is
exemplified in measurements, and the fact that none of what we're
talking about is beyond 7th grade science level.

You on the other hand seem to be more worried about winning some kind
of battle or contest, and to you winning means:
- that you talk longer than anyone else, ensuring that you always have
the last word
- that no one can *force* you to believe what 7th graders have no
difficulty understanding
- that no one can *force* to you stop talking
- that you stick by your guns, no matter what, regardless of how
stupid it starts to sound even to you
- disparaging your respondents by calling them negativists and other
assorted names
- that you have offered a retort to every single response to your
posts.

By that metric, someone who firmly believes that 17+4=32, and who
insists on this long after the last person has walked away, and who
insists that 2nd grade math teachers are obviously wrong, and who is
proud that no one has been able to get him to stop saying 17+4=32, and
who calls people who believe otherwise to be ninnies and brainwashed
-- well, by golly, in your eyes that person has won something.

Of course, 17+4 is not 32, but the IMPORTANT thing, you see, is
winning, not being right. Isn't that so?

As for attacking you, you'll pardon me if I'd decline to hire you to
be the architect for a doghouse. I'm sure you understand my reasons
why.
From: PD on
On Apr 30, 2:31 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 30, 10:39 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce—who's WAY over-his-head arguing SCIENCE
> with me!:  My dictionary defines "displacement" relative to science,
> thusly: " 'Astron'  An apparent change of position.  ... (4.) The
> relation between the position of an object at any time and its
> original position."  Note: Displacement ISN'T defined as the change in
> location of an object since the beginning of that second!
> Displacement simply means how far an object has traveled since the
> start of the experiment, or the DISTANCE traveled.  And that distance
> isn't limited only to expressing an object's velocity.  — NoEinstein

I'm sorry, John, but you're going to have to look at a physics book,
not a dictionary of common usage, for the definition of a term as used
in physics. For example, a field in physics does not typically contain
corn or wildflowers.

In physics, the velocity over an interval is del(x)/del(t), where
del(x) is the displacement over the interval del(t). So if del(t) is
the preceding second, then del(x) is the displacement during that
preceding second. You will find this very clear definition boxed and
highlighted in just about any high school physics book.

Since you claim to have gotten a degree in architecture, you would
have had to pass an exam at one point demonstrating your understanding
of that definition. You either have forgotten it in the intervening 92
years, or you never learned it.

In either case, since you don't even understand the definition of
velocity and displacement as used in introductory physics, you'll
understand why I'd be very nervous about any structures that you have
designed, and I'm glad your city in South Carolina declined your
advice on the design of its public structures.

From: NoEinstein on
On Apr 30, 3:34 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce: "We" (you and I) aren't having a
discussion about science. You simply take the anti-thesis of any
science truth, knowing that there are some naive readers who won't
know the difference. It may sound 'high-and-mighty' for you to keep
referring to... the experimental evidence, and the 'textbook'
definitions, but you NEVER paraphrase a possible counterargument. You
only claim that there is 'something', somewhere that disagrees with
me. And you expect me to go look that up.

Folks, PD is the deep thinker (sic) who said that atomic decay is a
"chemical reaction". And just today, he said that a car which is
COASTING isn't increasing its "displacement". He has just proposed
that... "displacement" is only apt to calculating, or measuring, an
object's unit velocity. And since the unit velocity of the car
doesn't change, he claims that coasting isn't increasing the distance
of travel of the car. Can't most of you see how little PD cares about
truth and logic? Does he think everyone but him is a fool?

*** Tell us this, PD: How many science experiments, of any kind, have
YOU designed, built, and successfully tested? I've made two most
definitive tests which support the LOGIC that Coriolis's KE equation
is not only WRONG, it’s so obviously in violation of the Law of the
Conservation of Energy, that no experiments are needed, at all, to
disprove: KE = 1/2mv^2; nor to similarly disprove E = mc^2 / beta.
For you, a proof is only valid if it involves experiments which you
have never cited, nor paraphrased, and definitions that you claim are
in textbooks, but which you never quote.

I recently told you that I had suspected that the readers agreed with
my correctness our yours by two to one. But in light of your recent
statements of utter stupidity, that number is probably closer to ten
to one! *** No scientist on Earth has more credibility than yours
truly. *** If any think that they do, I would love for them to go
head-to-head with me, so that I can kick their asses into solar
orbit. Like those purported scientists, you, PD, don’t have a leg,
nor a stump to stand on. — NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On Apr 30, 3:40 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce: I, sir, am King of the Hill in science.
If you would like for the readers to see some "textbook definition"
which you claim is more valid than my F. & W. Standard College
Dictionary, then copy and paste your definition for the world to see.
*** Put up or shut up, PD! *** You've done nothing to even hint that
you have objectivity in science—only empty bluster. — NoEinstein —

From: PD on
On Apr 30, 10:05 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 30, 3:34 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce:  "We" (you and I) aren't having a
> discussion about science.  You simply take the anti-thesis of any
> science truth, knowing that there are some naive readers who won't
> know the difference.  It may sound 'high-and-mighty' for you to keep
> referring to... the experimental evidence, and the 'textbook'
> definitions, but you NEVER paraphrase a possible counterargument.  You
> only claim that there is 'something', somewhere that disagrees with
> me.  And you expect me to go look that up.

Yes, indeed, because physics is not something that is settled by
puffed-up posturing and debate.
It is not something that is determined by force of logic.
You may be confusing physics with philosophy.

Ultimately, the truth in physics is determined by careful and
independently confirmed experimental measurement.
That body of experimental evidence is documented and available to you.
It is referred to in textbooks, and references to it have been made
here to you.

So yes, you are expected to look it up.

ANYBODY doing physics is expected to look it up.

> Folks, PD is the deep thinker (sic) who said that atomic decay is a
> "chemical reaction".  And just today, he said that a car which is
> COASTING isn't increasing its "displacement".  He has just proposed
> that... "displacement" is only apt to calculating, or measuring, an
> object's unit velocity.  And since the unit velocity of the car
> doesn't change, he claims that coasting isn't increasing the distance
> of travel of the car.  Can't most of you see how little PD cares about
> truth and logic?  Does he think everyone but him is a fool?
>
> *** Tell us this, PD:  How many science experiments, of any kind, have
> YOU designed, built, and successfully tested?

Are you sure you want to ask this question? My professional history is
as an experimental physicist, and my record is public.
Please don't puff yourself up as a songwriter when talking to a
professional musician.
It's not smart to put on airs as an expert on law when talking to a
judge.

> I've made two most
> definitive tests which support the LOGIC that Coriolis's KE equation
> is not only WRONG, it’s so obviously in violation of the Law of the
> Conservation of Energy, that no experiments are needed, at all, to
> disprove: KE = 1/2mv^2; nor to similarly disprove E = mc^2 / beta.
> For you, a proof is only valid if it involves experiments which you
> have never cited, nor paraphrased, and definitions that you claim are
> in textbooks, but which you never quote.

Two comments:
1. Your experimental results will be worth something when confirmed by
an independent investigator. That is how it is done in science. Until
then, you are a self-feeding loop.
2. Yes, I expect you to look up textbooks, as they are easy to find
even in your local library. I'm assuming that you are not under house
arrest, you aren't bedridden, that you have bus fare to get you
downtown, and that you are capable of reading when you get there. I'm
also assuming that you are not so pathologically lazy that you refuse
to budge your butt from your chair.

> I recently told you that I had suspected that the readers agreed with
> my correctness our yours by two to one.  But in light of your recent
> statements of utter stupidity, that number is probably closer to ten
> to one!

This is just like you, to suspect something is true without a single
shred of tangible evidence. It's your style.