From: mpc755 on
On Apr 30, 6:03 am, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 28, 10:24 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey fellow:  Please hawk your stupidity on your own post(s).  You are
> no longer welcome, here!  — NoEinstein —

The aether does not 'flow' towards matter.

Gravitation, the 'Dark Matter' Effect and the Fine Structure Constant
http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0401047

"However this is not a ‘flow’ of some form of ‘matter’ through space,
as previously considered in the aether models or in the ‘random’
particulate Le Sage kinetic theory of gravity, rather the flow is an
ongoing rearrangement of the quantum-foam patterns that form space,
and indeed only have a geometrical description at a coarse-grained
level. Then the ‘flow’ in one region is relative only to the patterns
in nearby regions, and not relative to some a priori background
geometrical space"

What is mistaken as 'flow' is the pressure the aether exerts towards
the matter.

The aether displaced by the matter is the "ongoing rearrangement of
the quantum-foam patterns that form space".

"Then the ‘flow’ in one region is relative only to the patterns in
nearby regions" is the pressure exerted by the aether towards the
matter where the state of the aether as determined by its connections
with the matter and the state of the aether in neighboring places is
the aether's state of displacement.
From: PD on
On Apr 30, 5:11 am, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 28, 10:32 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce:  The only thing futile is your having the
> smarts to have ever made a single '+new post'.  I've made hundreds, if
> not thousands, of defensive replies to you on my posts.

Yes, by your choice. Or do you feel this awful compulsion?

> And you, with
> your one neuron brain, can't find even find one instance where I have
> replied on a (nonexistent) post of yours.  You've a mental case, PD.
> You know that, don't you.  — NoEinstein —

And that's because you can't seem to find my posts, no matter how you
try. Isn't that a shame?

From: PD on
On Apr 30, 5:38 am, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 28, 10:50 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Dear PD:  Fine; remember that you just said there is no force to cause
> > > COASTING!
>
> > Of course, John. That is Newton's First Law, first laid out by
> > Galileo. Perhaps you've heard of them.

> > > "Work" is the product of the force x distance moved ONLY for objects
> > > that aren't: in free fall; in outer space; or which don't have a
> > > resisting force matching the applied force.
>
> > That's just plain wrong, John. There is no such restriction. Work is
> > defined as the product of force and displacement under all conditions.
>
> Dear Dunce:  Of course you prefer defending things that are wrong or
> incomplete.  Try telling a construction foreman that you should be
> paid for "pushing" a wheelbarrow that has no weight and is
> frictionless.  No resistance = zero work done!  That's kind of like a
> boxer aiming for the jaw, but only hitting air.  There was no transfer
> of KE, or work, there.  In the case of your jaw, I wish work was
> transferred.  Ha, ha, HA!

Oh, dear. And all the textbooks are so clear on the distinction
between physical, mechanical work and what a common laborer feels in
his arm. Once again, John, you muddle things up by confusing loose,
everyday language with the precise definitions that are given in the
textbooks you supposedly studied in order to get your degree.

> > In fact, if you will look in a freshman physics book, you will see
> > this definition of work applied to objects in free-fall.
>
> Coriolis's wrong definition of kinetic energy: KE = 1/2mv^2 doesn't
> involve a force nor a distance, PD.
>  All this time I've been humoring
> you when you say that work is involved in computing KE.

Oh dear. Look up the work-energy theorem, John. Good heavens, you are
especially clownish this morning.

> [...]
> FORCE nor "displacement" are part of either equation.  You love the
> "work" equation, because you've never done any.  You are a just couch
> potato and a Parasite Dunce.
>

> > It does no good to just make up stuff, John. It's much better to check
> > up on the meanings of words before wildly guessing or just making
> > things up.
>
> > > The force on dropped
> > > objects is just their static weight acting continuously until the
> > > object hits the ground.  The distance traveled times the force in a
> > > single second is a COMPLETE work computation for that one second.
>
> > Of course. That is the definition of work. Note that you agree that
> > the distance traveled times the force is indeed the work done on a
> > dropped object. Just a second ago, you said this expression doesn't
> > apply to dropped objects, and now you say it does. Confused, John?
>
> > >  In
> > > second two, that same work would get done, again;
>
> > On the contrary, in second two, the distance traveled is three times
> > as far, and so the work is not the same at all.
>
> > Note that the work is defined as the force ACTUALLY applied times the
> > distance ACTUALLY moved, and there is no subtraction of a component
> > from the previous interval. You'd like it to be different, but it just
> > isn't so.
>
> > > and in all the
> > > remaining seconds.  The thing you don't understand is: The velocity at
> > > the end of second one will COAST all the way to the ground if the
> > > force of gravity is "cut off" at that point in time.  So, in say a
> > > four second fall, the KE will be 2W, or two weight units.  At the end
> > > of seconds two, three, and four, there will still only be 2 weight
> > > units of force, KE or "work" done!  But there will have been 16 times
> > > as much DISTANCE traveled.  Since 15/16ths of the distance fallen has
> > > zero pounds of associated force, the latter distance is from COASTING,
> > > and thus has NO associated work!
>
> > > All well-written equations must explain what the variables are, and
> > > state the "limiting conditions" under which such equation is valid.
>
> > Yes, indeed, John, which is why you should go back to picking up
> > materials where those variables are very clearly defined, rather than
> > you and I bickering about them here. I'm telling you the definitions
> > of those variables, and they aren't what you think they are. To settle
> > the dispute, you need only check a third and independent reference.
>
> > > Your... "work" equation does neither.  The next time you accelerate
> > > your car, ease off the gas and let the car increase its...
> > > "displacement", as you say.
>
> > John, if I ease off the gas and go at constant velocity, the
> > displacement is not increasing. It stays the same in successive
> > seconds.
>
> Wow Folks:  PD just said that an automobile that is COASTING covers no
> distance!  Can you readers not see that PD is a loony bird?  — NE —

Uh, no, John, that is not what I said. Good heavens, is your reading
comprehension that bad?

>  That's what constant velocity MEANS, John, because velocity> is displacement per unit time. It's only when something is
> > *accelerating* (such as in free fall), that the displacement changes
> > from second to subsequent second. I don't know why this is so hard for
> > you. Are you slow?
>
> The Work equation is: W = fd.  That d is the total distance at the
> point at which the work is to be computed, NOT the unit rate of doing
> the work.

The distance d is the distance the object has covered during the
interval during which you are computing the work. Note that there is
no stipulation that the d should be the value with the coasting
component from the previous interval subtracted. Don't make stuff up,
John.

> In fact, the TIME required to do the work isn't part of the
> computation at all, nor is the VELOCITY!  A person pushing a 100 pound
> sled 100 feet does the same amount of work whether it takes him ten
> minutes or ten hours.  You are in the process of loosing you last
> neuron, PD.  I'll rejoice when you can't reply at all!  — NE —

Don't hold your breath, John.

From: NoEinstein on
On Apr 30, 10:29 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD: Some readers, who don't know either of us from Adam, may
think that your sidestepping of science is credible. An attack on...
the messenger (me) is a quick put-down that you had to have learned
(tongue-in-cheek—ha!) very early won't work on me. If the regular
readers of my posts and replies got to vote, they'd probably say that
I'm beating you in the "one-up-manship" by a two to one margin. But
you're still around… because you won't stay on any discussion long
enough to get the life squished out of your... 'science'. I enjoy
knowing that you haven't won; can't; and won't win, PD. That
qualifies you as a looser; doesn't it? — NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On Apr 30, 10:39 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce—who's WAY over-his-head arguing SCIENCE
with me!: My dictionary defines "displacement" relative to science,
thusly: " 'Astron' An apparent change of position. ... (4.) The
relation between the position of an object at any time and its
original position." Note: Displacement ISN'T defined as the change in
location of an object since the beginning of that second!
Displacement simply means how far an object has traveled since the
start of the experiment, or the DISTANCE traveled. And that distance
isn't limited only to expressing an object's velocity. — NoEinstein
—