From: PD on
On Apr 24, 12:26 am, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 5:06 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You must have missed this post:
>
> > Well I could have guessed this was your strategy.
>
> > You feel free to make any half-assed statement you feel like making,
> > and when you get a response -- any response at all -- that is your
> > opportunity to drop in your cut-and-paste book-in-progress, whether it
> > is relevant to the response or not.
>
> > This is a combination of trolling and spamming, and you, sir, are an
> > abomination for being so shameless about it. Nothing here that is
> > worth more than mockery.- Hide quoted text -

> I just gave PD five stars for saying an absolute truth!  Rare, rare
> indeed!  — NoEinstein —

I don't care about any stinking star ratings, let alone yours. Wallow
in whatever ego-stroking mechanisms you need, but don't include me.
From: NoEinstein on
On Apr 24, 9:28 am, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear mpc755: If your agreeing with the science notions of A. A.
Michelson makes you happy, BE happy. But you must realize that he was
only speculating about how science MIGHT be, not saying how science
IS. Like I explained, Michelson was a top technician of science, but
NOT a top analyzer of the mechanisms of science. To his credit,
Michelson, until his death, never accepted Lorentz's 'rubber ruler'
velocity-transformation of all matter. Michelson had built enough
things with his own two hands to KNOW that materials don't change
lengths due to being exposed to various velocities. That said,
Michelson was clueless to explain why his M-M experiment, and his mile-
long Chicago interferometer experiment, got nil results. The REASON
for the latter: Ether drag on light never occurs anywhere in the
Universe! — NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On Apr 24, 9:51 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce: The big difference between us is that I
acknowledge TRUTHS where those be found. You, on the other hand,
attack the truths wherever they be found, probably because TRUTHS
invalidate much of what you were taught was high-and-mighty in
school. Have fun defending the ‘errors in science’ to your grave,
PD. — No Einstein —

P. S.: You never have acknowledged that there is a ‘COASTING
component’ accruing within the 'distance of fall' of all near Earth
objects that causes the time vs. distance plot to be a parabola,
rather than a straight line. Until you understand the COASTING
component, you can't understand that KE is accruing UNIFORMLY with
respect to time. Side-stepping science TRUTHS is your specialty,
isn't it, PD.

From: PD on
On Apr 24, 12:06 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 24, 9:51 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PD, the Parasite Dunce:  The big difference between us is that I
> acknowledge TRUTHS where those be found.  You, on the other hand,
> attack the truths wherever they be found, probably because TRUTHS
> invalidate much of what you were taught was high-and-mighty in
> school.  Have fun defending the ‘errors in science’ to your grave,
> PD.  — No Einstein —

Well, it appears that we are just acknowledging different statements
as truth. You maintain yours are.
I maintain the ones that are supported by experimental evidence and
aren't merely the result of just "thinking about things" are the
truth.
So, when there is a conflict between experimental evidence and the
result of just "thinking about things," then one or the other needs to
be acknowledged and the other dismissed. I think I've chosen properly,
and I think you've chosen out of ego.

> P. S.:  You never have acknowledged that there is a ‘COASTING
> component’ accruing within the 'distance of fall' of all near Earth
> objects that causes the time vs. distance plot to be a parabola,
> rather than a straight line.

Oh, but I have. This is built into Newtonian mechanics. You think it
is something new, but it is not.

> Until you understand the COASTING
> component, you can't understand that KE is accruing UNIFORMLY with
> respect to time.  Side-stepping science TRUTHS is your specialty,
> isn't it, PD.

No, sir, the experimental evidence shows that the KE accrues
NONuniformly with time. This is even with the coasting element
acknowledged.
I showed you several times that this is the case.
Kinetic energy accrues with work.
Work is the product of force and distance.
Even when the force is nonzero and constant, the distance increases in
subsequent intervals, even including the coasting component. If the
distance is L in the first time increment, it will be *3L* in the next
time increment, and no subtraction of a coasting component will
restore that to the same contribution as in the first time increment.
This is *measured* to extreme precision.

You're hosed, NoEinstein. Sorry.
Don't let your ego stand in the way of the confrontation between
experiment (truth) and reasoning (hit or miss).

PD

From: mpc755 on
On Apr 24, 12:54 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 24, 9:28 am, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear mpc755:  If your agreeing with the science notions of A. A.
> Michelson makes you happy, BE happy.  But you must realize that he was
> only speculating about how science MIGHT be, not saying how science
> IS.  Like I explained, Michelson was a top technician of science, but
> NOT a top analyzer of the mechanisms of science.  To his credit,
> Michelson, until his death, never accepted Lorentz's 'rubber ruler'
> velocity-transformation of all matter.  Michelson had built enough
> things with his own two hands to KNOW that materials don't change
> lengths due to being exposed to various velocities.  That said,
> Michelson was clueless to explain why his M-M experiment, and his mile-
> long Chicago interferometer experiment, got nil results. The REASON
> for the latter: Ether drag on light never occurs anywhere in the
> Universe!  — NoEinstein —

There does not seem to be much difference between aether drag and
aether 'slowing down' due to its interaction with matter.

Either way, it doesn't make any difference until you are able to
describe what occurs physically in nature in order to cause the aether
to 'slow down'.

Aether is 'localized' with respect to the matter because it is
displaced by the matter. The aether 'displaces back'. The 'displacing
back' is the pressure the aether exerts towards the matter. The
pressure the aether exerts towards the matter is gravity. This
pressure causes the aether to be 'localized' with respect to the
matter.