From: PD on
On Apr 23, 12:24 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 12:01 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 22, 10:32 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear mpc755:  I read that delightful little book in which A. A.
> > Michelson wrote the quote you cite.  My "varying ether flow and
> > density" is the unifying discovery in all of nature.  Michelson would
> > be thrilled that I found out why his experiment didn't work (no
> > control), and thrilled that I have found the grand unification
> > mechanism for all of nature.  The latter is varying pressure and
> > velocity, much like in weather systems on Earth.  But the ether ISN'T
> > displaced by matter!  Ether flows THROUGH matter, only to be slowed by
> > the nuclei, in proportion to the mass.  When you can realize that
> > fact, you and I will be on the same track.  — NoEinstein —
>
> In the quote Michelson discuss aether displacement, "an aether
> displacement to the electric current". This is conceptually the same
> as Maxwell's displacement current.

Actually, no. Displacement current and aether displacement have
absolutely nothing to do with each other. Please return to the
starting line and try again.

From: PD on
On Apr 23, 12:57 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 1:45 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > In the quote Michelson discuss aether displacement, "an aether
> > > displacement to the electric current". This is conceptually the same
> > > as Maxwell's displacement current.
>
> > Actually, no. Displacement current and aether displacement have
> > absolutely nothing to do with each other. Please return to the
> > starting line and try again.
>
> You must have missed this post:

You must have missed the point of my statement, which is that
*Maxwell's* displacement current, which has nothing to do with
anything that de Broglie ever did, also has nothing to do with aether
displacement. So you are either wrong, or a bald-faced liar. Which is
it?
From: john on
On Apr 23, 12:01 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 12:57 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Actually, no. Displacement current and aether displacement have
> > > absolutely nothing to do with each other. Please return to the
> > > starting line and try again.
>
> > You must have missed this post:
>
> You must have missed the point of my statement, which is that
> *Maxwell's* displacement current, which has nothing to do with
> anything that de Broglie ever did, also has nothing to do with aether
> displacement. So you are either wrong, or a bald-faced liar. Which is
> it?-

Ridiculous.

What is aether?
No-one has the slightest idea.
Maybe it's neutrinos of selected frequencies.
How do you 'displace' that?

You're arguing about the size of fairies' peckers.
Maybe they don't have any!
No-one's ever pissed beside one and looked.

Describe your 'aether'.
What is it made from?

john

From: PD on
On Apr 23, 2:03 pm, john <vega...(a)accesscomm.ca> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 12:01 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You must have missed this post:
>
> > You must have missed the point of my statement, which is that
> > *Maxwell's* displacement current, which has nothing to do with
> > anything that de Broglie ever did, also has nothing to do with aether
> > displacement. So you are either wrong, or a bald-faced liar. Which is
> > it?-
>
> Ridiculous.
>
> What is aether?
> No-one has the slightest idea.
> Maybe it's neutrinos of selected frequencies.
> How do you 'displace' that?
>
> You're arguing about the size of fairies' peckers.
> Maybe they don't have any!
> No-one's ever pissed beside one and looked.
>
> Describe your 'aether'.
> What is it made from?
>
> john

That is a question for MPC, since it's his aether he's describing. The
statement he made is that his aether displacement is conceptually the
same as Maxwell's displacement current. That statement is simply
wrong. MPC probably doesn't have the foggiest idea what Maxwell's
displacement current is in the first place.
From: mpc755 on
On Apr 22, 6:48 pm, Raymond Yohros <b...(a)birdband.net> wrote:
> On Apr 22, 5:39 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 22, 6:31 pm, Raymond Yohros wrote:
> > > the funniest thing about this conversation is the
> > > topics title!
>
> > Aether and matter are different states of the same material.
> > Aether is displaced by matter.
> > Displacements creates pressure.
> > Gravity is pressure exerted by aether displaced by matter.
>
> > Aether is displaced based on mass per volume. The more massive an
> > object is per volume the less aether it contains, the more aether is
> > displaced. The more aether displaced the greater the pressure exerted
> > by the aether displaced by the matter.
>
> > The 'push' in the title is the pressure exerted by the aether towards
> > the matter.
>
> > Gravity is the pressure exerted by the aether towards the matter.
>
> i think i could understand better what you say without
> that aether word.
> im sorry.
> i just dont buy it!
>
> r.y

I originally called the theory Spacial Displacement. The spelling of
Spacial was intentional to demonstrate it was space which was
displaced by matter. The issue with 'Spacial' is it is not three
dimensional space which is being displaced. It is the 'stuff' of
space. It is the material of space which is being displaced by the
matter. That is the reason I modified the name from Spacial
Displacement to Aether Displacement.

"the state of the [ether] is at every place determined by connections
with the matter and the state of the ether in neighbouring places" -
Albert Einstein

The state of the aether as determined by its connections with the
matter is the aether's state of displacement.