From: PD on
On Apr 23, 4:52 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I have another one you can not explain:
>
> - How is mass not conserved?
>
> Answer is:
>
> - Mass is conserved.

Ah, what fun. Here's one for you:
How is color not conserved?
Answer is:
Color is conserved.

Along the lines of:
How is the number of rhinos not conserved?
Answer is:
The number of rhinos is conserved.

See how easy it is to just make a half-assed assertion and demand
proof that it's wrong?
You can keep people busy all day making half-assed assertions and
daring them to respond.

That is, if they pay any attention to you.

Ta-ta! Enjoy your half-assed day!
From: mpc755 on
On Apr 23, 5:56 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 4:52 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have another one you can not explain:
>
> > - How is mass not conserved?
>
> > Answer is:
>
> > - Mass is conserved.
>
> Ah, what fun. Here's one for you:
> How is color not conserved?
> Answer is:
> Color is conserved.
>
> Along the lines of:
> How is the number of rhinos not conserved?
> Answer is:
> The number of rhinos is conserved.
>
> See how easy it is to just make a half-assed assertion and demand
> proof that it's wrong?
> You can keep people busy all day making half-assed assertions and
> daring them to respond.
>
> That is, if they pay any attention to you.
>
> Ta-ta! Enjoy your half-assed day!

Explain how what you choose to believe physically occurs in nature:

- The future determining the past
- Virtual particles which exist out of nothing
- Conservation of momentum does not apply to a downgraded photon pair
- A C-60 molecule can enter, travel through, and exit multiple slits
simultaneously without requiring energy, releasing energy, or having
a change in momentum.
- Matter causes physical space to be 'unflat' but not move
- Michelson's "aether displacement to the electric current" is
different than Maxwell's displacement current
- Mass is not conserved.

The following are the most correct physical explanations to date:

- A C-60 molecule enters and exits a single slit while the associate
aether displacement wave enters and exits available slits
- The aether displaced by the matter which are the plates extends
past the other plate. The pressure exerted by the aether displaced
by the plates forces the plates together
- Conservation of momentum does apply to a downgraded photon pair.
When a photon is detected its wave collapses which determines its
spin. In order for the original photons momentum to be conserved,
the downgraded photon pair have opposite angular momentums.
- A C-60 molecule enters and exits a single slit while the associate
aether displacement wave enters and exits available slits
- Physical space is displaced by matter. Aether is displaced by
matter.
- Michelson's "aether displacement to the electric current" is the
same conceptually as Maxwell's displacement current.
- Matter and aether are different states of the same material.
In E=mc^2, Energy is matter transitioning to aether.
Mass is conserved.

Michelson's "aether displacement to the electric current" is the same
conceptually as Maxwell's displacement current.

http://home.netcom.com/~sbyers11/

Quote from Albert A Michelson's lecture circa 1899.

"Suppose that an aether strain corresponds to an electric charge, an
aether displacement to the electric current, aether vortices to the
atoms; if we continue these suppositions, we arrive at what may be one
of the grandest generalizations of modern science, namely that all the
phenomena of the physical universe are only different manifestations
of the various modes of motion of one all-pervading (substance), the
aether. The day seems not to distant when the converging lines from
many apparently remote regions of thought will meet on some common
ground. Then the nature of the atom and the forces called into play in
their chemical union, the interactions between these atoms and the
non-differentiated aether as manifested in the phenomena of light and
electricity , the structure of the molecule, the explanation of
cohesion, elasticity and gravitation, all of these will be marshaled
into a single compact and consistent body of scientific knowledge."

I would modify the statement to read:

"all the phenomena of the physical universe are only different
manifestations of the various states of one all-pervading (substance),
the aether."

http://www.tu-harburg.de/rzt/rzt/it/Ether.html

Albert Einstein:

"the state of the former is at every place determined by connections
with the matter and the state of the ether in neighbouring places"

I would modify the statement to read:

The state of the aether as determined by the connections with the
matter and the state of the aether in neighboring places is the
aether's state of displacement.

You must have missed this post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_de_Broglie

"This research culminated in the de Broglie hypothesis stating that
any moving particle or object had an associated wave."

'Interpretation of quantum mechanics
by the double solution theory
Louis de BROGLIE'
http://www.ensmp.fr/aflb/AFLB-classiques/aflb124p001.pdf

"I called this relation, which determines the particle's motion in the
wave, "the guidance formula". It may easily be generalized to the case
of an external field acting on the particle."

"This result may be interpreted by noticing that, in the present
theory, the particle is defined as a very small region of the wave
where the amplitude is very large, and it therefore seems quite
natural that the internal motion rythm of the particle should always
be the same as that of the wave at the point where the particle is
located."

de Broglie's definition of wave-particle duality is of a physical wave
and a physical particle. The particle occupies a very small region of
the wave.

In AD, the external field is the aether. In a double slit experiment
the particle occupies a very small region of the wave and enters and
exits a single slit. The wave enters and exits the available slits.

For example, in the image on the right here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_choice_quantum_eraser#The_experiment
There are waves propagating both the red and blue paths towards D0.
One of the downgraded photon 'particles' is traveling either the red
or blue path towards D0. The lens causes the waves to create
interference which alters the direction the particle travels. One set
of downgraded photons is creating one of the interference patterns at
D0 and the other set of downgraded photons is creating the other.

It's all very easy to understand once you realize 'delayed-choice',
'quantum eraser', and the future determining the past is simply
misinterpreting what is occurring in nature.

In the image on the right here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_choice_quantum_eraser#The_experiment
When the downgraded photon pair are created, in order for there to be
conservation of momentum, the original photons momentum is maintained.
This means the downgraded photon pair have opposite angular momentums.
We will describe one of the photons as being the 'up' photon and the
other photon as being the 'down' photon. One of the downgraded photons
travels either the red or blue path towards D0 and the other photon
travels either the red or blue path towards the prism.

There are physical waves in the aether propagating both the red and
blue paths. The aether waves propagating towards D0 interact with the
lens and create interference prior to reaching D0. The aether waves
create interference which alters the direction the photon travels
prior to reaching D0. There are actually two interference patterns
being created at D0. One associated with the 'up' photons when they
arrive at D0 and the other interference pattern associated with the
'down' photons when they arrive at D0.

Both 'up' and 'down' photons are reflected by BSa and arrive at D3.
Since there is a single path towards D3 there is nothing for the wave
in the aether to interfere with and there is no interference pattern
and since it is not determined if it is an 'up' or 'down' photon being
detected at D3 there is no way to distinguish between the photons
arriving at D0 which interference pattern each photon belongs to. The
same for photons reflected by BSb and arrive at D4.

Photons which pass through BSa and are reflected by BSc and arrive at
D1 are either 'up' or 'down' photons but not both. If 'up' photons
arrive at D1 then 'down' photons arrive at D2. The opposite occurs for
photons which pass through BSb. Photons which pass through BSa and
pass through BSb and arrive at D1 are all either 'up' or 'down'
photons. If all 'up' photons arrive at D1 then all 'down' photons
arrive at D2. Since the physical waves in the aether traveling both
the red and blue paths are combined prior to D1 and D2 the aether
waves create interference which alters the direction the photon
travels. Since all 'up' photons arrive at one of the detectors and all
'down' photons arrive at the other an interference pattern is created
which reflects back to the interference both sets of photons are
creating at D0.

Figures 3 and 4 here:
http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/quant-ph/pdf/9903/9903047v1.pdf
Show the interference pattern of the 'up' and 'down' photons. If you
were to combine the two images and add the peaks together and add the
valleys together you would have the interference pattern of the
original photon. This is evidence the downgraded photon pair maintain
the original photons momentum and have opposite angular momentums.

Nothing is erased. There is no delayed choice. Physical waves in the
aether are traveling both the red and blue paths and when the paths
are combined the waves create interference which alters the direction
the photon 'particle' travels.

Experiments which will provide evidence of Aether Displacement:

Experiment #1:

Instead of having a single beam splitter BSc have two beam splitters
BSca and BScb. Have the photons reflected by mirror Ma interact with
BSca and have the photons reflected by mirror Mb interact with BScb.
Do not combine the red and blue paths. Have additional detectors D1a,
D2a, D1b, and D2b. Have the photons reflected by and propagate through
BSca be detected at D1a and D2a. Have the photons reflected by and
propagate through BScb be detected at D1b and D2b. If you compare the
photons detected at D1a and D1b with the photons detected at D0, the
corresponding photons detected at D0 will form an interference
pattern. If you compare the photons detected at D2a and D2b with the
photons detected at D0, the corresponding photons detected at D0 will
form an interference pattern. What is occurring is all 'up' photons
are being detected at one pair of detectors, for example D1a and D1b,
and all 'down' photons are being detected at the other pair of
detectors, for example D2a and D2b. Interference patterns do not even
need to be created in order to 'go back' and determine the
interference patterns created at D0.

Experiment #2:

Alter the experiment. When the downgraded photon pair are created,
have each photon interact with its own double slit apparatus. Have
detectors at one of the exits for each double slit apparatus. When a
photon is detected at one of the exits, in AD, the photon's aether
wave still exists and is propagating along the path exiting the other
slit. When a photon is not detected at one of the exits, the photon
'particle' along with its associated aether wave exits the other slit.
Combine the path the aether wave the detected photon is propagating
along with the path of the other photon and its associated aether
wave. An interference pattern will still be created. This shows the
aether wave of a detected photon still exists and is able to create
interference with the aether wave of another photon, altering the
direction the photon 'particle' travels.

Your inability to physically explain the following is evidence you
feign hypothesis:

- The future determining the past
- Virtual particles which exist out of nothing
- Conservation of momentum does not apply to a downgraded photon pair
- A C-60 molecule can enter, travel through, and exit multiple slits
simultaneously without requiring energy, releasing energy, or having
a change in momentum.
- Matter causes physical space to be 'unflat' but not move
- Michelson's "aether displacement to the electric current" is
different than Maxwell's displacement current
- Mass not conserved.

From: spudnik on
let's explain what should be clear,
minus some arcane idea of Nettikkut:
both my reply to you, and a snip of your post,
were within the first ten lines of mine. so,
you don't have to be a literary critic (and,
whether or not you have *tried* to read Shakespeare,
is another matter).

whether it looks like rambling,
it is merely sucessive self-publishing
of one day's thoughts on sci. **** ... and,
if you don't know any spherical trig, a la color plate one
in _S_, you might as well forget "it."

http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synergetics/synergetics.html

> > with ships & materiel) -- what the Revolution was about -- not just,
> > Taxation without representation, a la the Tea Party effetes and
> > the Encyclopedia Brittaninca!

> > as they say, the bears make money, the bulls make money, and
> > the hogs always get slaughtered.
> > none of the (two) experts, I have read or asked,
> > thought that a Carbon Tax wouldn't work as well, just that
> > it was somehow politically impossible.

thus:
if some one gave a *reason* to redefine twins,
that'd be "mathematical" (proviso:
math is four subjects, at minimum). as for the idea
of calling AP, an ultrafinitist, I only have two things
to say: a)
it wouldn't make any difference to him,
being a user of "E-prime," the joke-language
of Korbizynski (sp.?); b)
the Monster group's symmetry has a factoring
that is awfully similar to Bucky's here-to-fore silly
finite base for computation.

> "prime," "twin prime," etc., to be as interesting as one in
> which sets can have nonzero infinitesimal measure.

--Light: A History!
http://wlym.com
From: PD on
On Apr 21, 2:28 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 5:17 pm, spudnik <Space...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear spudnik:  While I was a student at Clemson, I attended two
> lectures (in different years) of Robert B. Fuller.  He was a 'head-in-
> the-clouds' guy.  But I learned that "nature" doesn't construct things
> with curves.  The reason pi is an infinitely repeating decimal is
> because circles are actually (in nature) constructed of short straight-
> line segments rather than curves.  And the number of segments will
> always a whole number.  — NoEinstein —

Oh my.
So in your mind, rational numbers and irrational numbers do not
correspond to anything in reality. Only integers.
So, where on a water droplet falling from the sky, are these straight-
line segments?
And when the Earth orbits the sun, how often does it make a quick turn
at a corner between two straight-line segments? And what kicks the
Earth from one segment to the next?

You know you've lost your mind, right?

PD
From: NoEinstein on
On Apr 23, 1:24 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear mpc755: Michelson was a very nice, detail-oriented man. But he
lacked some critical analytical abilities. In Berlin, at Maxwell's
urging, he 'tested' a low-cost version of his new interferometer
design. Apparently, he lived next to a train station, so the
interference fringes got obliterated by the vibrations, frequently.
Michelson showed his general lack of analytical abilities by not
realizing that the few seconds, to maybe a minute, in which he could
see the interference rings (or bands) he should have been able to
generalize that his design wasn't working as a detector of velocity.
Instead, he figured that his instrument wasn't precise enough, or
vibration free enough, to detect the supposed (sic) drag of the ether
on the velocity of light.

That same book has an illustration in back that shows a professional
quality pen-and-ink perspective drawing of the M-M apparatus, that is
located in a basement of what is now Case Western Reserve University.
Of course, the precise version of the interferometer didn't work to
detect velocity changes in light, either. Michelson—being a basically
naive mentality—decided to construct a 'mile long' interferometer near
the University of Chicago. That instrument, too, failed to detect
velocity changes in the light. Michelson showed both his humor, and
his deceptiveness, by taking advantage of the optics alignment issues
with the mile-long, to create the illusion that he had... detected the
'sine curve' he hoped to see. The reason he could do so, was because
the mile-long was at a fixed location that couldn't be rotated. He
realized that by selecting the right times of the day or night to plot
the oscillations of the fringe pattern about the optical center of the
instrument, he could cause the plotted points to approximate a sine
curve. Someone with my analytical ability easily realized that he had
selected the times of day to FAKE getting positive results. But I'm
not laughing… that he was a deeply honest man, nor very smart. I do
applaud him for designing the Mt. Wilson interferometer to determine
THE most accurate out-and-back measurement of the velocity of light
(in air); and his most accurate measurement, in terms of the
wavelength of light, of the length of the official METER stick in
England. He would have been a great partner for constructing my own
interferometer designs that DO detect Earth velocity in the cosmos.
But not because of ether... drag on light. There is no such drag! —
NoEinstein