From: spudnik on
yeah, I've read of your "prefered concept of the photon," but
the problem is "the photon." you are conflating two things: a)
the detection; b)
the propogation of the EM energy. well,
I have just grabbed the first book at the libraary
that I noticed, today, _A Theory of Waves_, and
it is really quite nice & general in its treatment
of classical & quantum, although the math is heavy for me. so,
I looked in the index for "photon," but
it doesn't seem to be required -- just like
when Young destroyeed Newton's corpuscle, a hundred years,
after him.

just grab any such book & look, before
you commit yourself to further handwaving aetherfluff;
see if you can descibe any single of the many properties
of lightwaves, other than the photoelectrical effect!

yeah, and have a nice rest of your life, and
maybe study some Shakespeare (if you're going
to continue to attempt to use English; seriously).

> A photon propagates as a wave. The photon 'particle' (i.e. the portion
> of the wave which collapses when detected) occupies a very small
> region of the overall photon aether wave.
>
> A photon is a particle when detected.
>
> Why are you obsessed with not understanding this? Will it force you to

thus:
Doppler-shifting of sound is an everyday occurance, but
how much of the redshifting that is seen in the sky,
is a whole another matter, whether it is due to velocity, or
to the medium of space (unless,
like certain aetherists, you believe in an absolute vacuum, and
so did Pascal, when he measured it .-)

as for "Newton's algebraic version of Kepler's orbital constraints,
that he manifestly stole from Hooke,"
isn't the problem of spiral galaxies where the whole urstuff
of darkmatter darkenergy quintesscence is gotten?

Lightcones are dead; long-live Minkowski!

> If you want to gain a "meaningful understanding of SR", you should study it.
> If you want an "interpretation", focus on studying Minkowski space time.

> The frequency of a sound generated by a moving train definitely does really
> change as its speed changes. Measure it for yourself if you don't believe
> it.

thus:
yeah; the funny thing was, the Earth of Gauss and
of Aristarchus was a part of some cosmography. (you,
however, may be in your own me-verse; so,
how does Shroedinger's cat smell, these days , thereat ?-)

> Groan.

--Light: A History!
http://21stcenturysciencetech.com

--NASCAR rules on rotary engines!
http://white-smoke.wetpaint.com
From: mpc755 on
On Apr 1, 9:33 pm, spudnik <Space...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> yeah, I've read of your "prefered concept of the photon," but
> the problem is "the photon."  you are conflating two things: a)
> the detection; b)
> the propogation of the EM energy.

Yes, hence the wave-particle characteristics of a photon.

My preferred concept of a photon is as a directed/pointed wave which
collapses and is detected as a quantum of matter.

A photon propagates as a wave. The photon 'particle' (i.e. the portion
of the wave which collapses when detected) occupies a very small
region of the overall photon aether wave.

A photon is a particle when detected.

Why are you obsessed with not understanding this? Will it force you to
revisit your incorrect understanding of nature?

Your inability to explain observed physical behaviors without an
aether, when the aether as a super fluid medium explains the observed
physical behaviors, is evidence of aether.

If it is physically impossible for anyone to comprehend how something
can occur in nature, without resorting to absurd nonsense such as the
future determines the past, when there is a perfectly reasonable
explanation which not only answers the question being asked it
explains what occurs physically in nature to cause gravity, it
explains what occurs physically in nature to cause atomic clocks to
tick at different rates, and it explains what occurs physically in
nature in E=mc^2 where the mass does diminish but the matter which is
the mass has not vanished it has expanded and transitioned into aether
and the effect this transition has on the existing aether and matter
is energy, then you might actually understand aether exists.

A C-60 molecule is in the slit(s). While the C-60 molecule is in the
slit(s) detectors are placed at the exits to the slits. When there are
detectors at the exits to the slits the C-60 molecule is always
detected exiting a single slit. If the detectors are placed and
removed from the exits to the slits while the C-60 molecule is in the
slit(s) the C-60 molecule creates an interference pattern.

Explain how this is possible without aether.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_de_Broglie

"This research culminated in the de Broglie hypothesis stating that
any moving particle or object had an associated wave."

'Interpretation of quantum mechanics
by the double solution theory
Louis de BROGLIE'
http://www.ensmp.fr/aflb/AFLB-classiques/aflb124p001.pdf

"I called this relation, which determines the particle's motion in the
wave, "the guidance formula". It may easily be generalized to the case
of an external field acting on the particle."

"This result may be interpreted by noticing that, in the present
theory, the particle is defined as a very small region of the wave
where the amplitude is very large, and it therefore seems quite
natural that the internal motion rythm of the particle should always
be the same as that of the wave at the point where the particle is
located."

de Broglie's definition of wave-particle duality is of a physical wave
and a physical particle. The particle occupies a very small region of
the wave.

In AD, the external field is the aether. In a double slit experiment
the particle occupies a very small region of the wave and enters and
exits a single slit. The wave enters and exits the available slits.

In AD, the C-60 molecule has an associated aether displacement wave.
The C-60 molecule always enters and exits a single slit while the
associated aether displacement wave enters and exits the available
slits. The displacement wave creates interference upon exiting the
slits which alters the direction the C-60 molecule travels. Detecting
the C-60 molecule causes decoherence of the associated aether
displacement wave (i.e. turns it into chop) and there is no
interference.
From: mpc755 on
On Apr 2, 2:09 am, Timo Nieminen <t...(a)physics.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> So the test of aether theory is? What prediction of something
> observable, that isn't predicted by existing theories, is there?
> Without a test, isn't it untestable?

Experiments which will provide evidence of Aether Displacement:

Experiment #1:

Instead of having a single beam splitter BSc have two beam splitters
BSca and BScb. Have the photons reflected by mirror Ma interact with
BSca and have the photons reflected by mirror Mb interact with BScb.
Do not combine the red and blue paths. Have additional detectors D1a,
D2a, D1b, and D2b. Have the photons reflected by and propagate through
BSca be detected at D1a and D2a. Have the photons reflected by and
propagate through BScb be detected at D1b and D2b. If you compare the
photons detected at D1a and D1b with the photons detected at D0, the
corresponding photons detected at D0 will form an interference
pattern. If you compare the photons detected at D2a and D2b with the
photons detected at D0, the corresponding photons detected at D0 will
form an interference pattern. What is occurring is all 'up' photons
are being detected at one pair of detectors, for example D1a and D1b,
and all 'down' photons are being detected at the other pair of
detectors, for example D2a and D2b. Interference patterns do not even
need to be created in order to 'go back' and determine the
interference patterns created at D0.

Experiment #2:

Alter the experiment. When the downgraded photon pair are created,
have each photon interact with its own double slit apparatus. Have
detectors at one of the exits for each double slit apparatus. When a
photon is detected at one of the exits, in AD, the photon's aether
wave still exists and is propagating along the path exiting the other
slit. When a photon is not detected at one of the exits, the photon
'particle' along with its associated aether wave exits the other slit.
Combine the path the aether wave the detected photon is propagating
along with the path of the other photon and its associated aether
wave. An interference pattern will still be created. This shows the
aether wave of a detected photon still exists and is able to create
interference with the aether wave of another photon, altering the
direction the photon 'particle' travels.
From: mpc755 on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_choice_quantum_eraser#The_experiment

From: NoEinstein on
On Apr 1, 9:33 pm, spudnik <Space...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear Spudnik: The red shifts in the microwave background radiation
are due to the AGING of the light... or, the photons are being wedged
apart by crossing the paths of other photons. The further away one
looks, the longer that WEDGING process has been going on. There is no
expansion of the finite Universe taking place! — NoEinstein —