From: Paul Stowe on

From: Paul Stowe on
On Apr 5, 8:03 pm, Timo Nieminen <t...(a)physics.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, PaulStowewrote:

> > > So, w = W(1 - exp(-2lr)) is approximately w = 2lrW for weak
> > > attenuation, or k M/r = 2lrW.
>
> > > We have M = 4*pi*r^3/3 * rho where rho is the mean density.With your
> > > numbers, this gives
>
> > > l = 2e-20 * rho * r,
>
> > > for l = 1e-16 m^-1 using rho, r for the Earth. Why does this value
> > > depend on r?
>
> > The flux (Q) is constant on a per area basis.  Thus, the total
> > momentum/power impinging upon a mass is QA - WA.  As area goes to zero
> > the intercepted flux goes to zero.  If the mass is constant the
> > density increase as a function of r^3 and the linear attenuation
> > remains constant (in the weak region) BUT! the total area is
> > decreasing as function of r^2.  This differential results in a 1/r
> > reduction in the total attenuated quantities.  Thus the form M/r...
>
> OK, so this is the decrease in flux as it moves into a spherical body?
> I'd suggest calling it something different; this is not what is usually
> meant by a "linear attenuation coefficient".

> > > You don't comment at all on the calculation of force. Using the values
> > > you give for Q and u, I get a maximum force per kg of 2e-5N. This is
> > > rather less than we observe terrestrially, and in turn, this must be
> > > far less than the maximum possible since shielding is negligible.
> > > Since you have repeated the correctness of your values for Q and u,
> > > why does the above calculation give a value of l very different from
> > > rho*u?
>
> > As for the force of gravity, this is why big G is Qu^2, NOT! qu.  The
> > Newtonian is, technically in LeSage's weak region,
>
> >                   F = Q(uM)(um)/r^2
>
> > The total 'potential', or what we call acceleration due to gravity,
> > is,
>
> >                   a = Qu(Mu/r^2)
>
> > BUT! you MUST have that second mass m to realize this 'potential'.
> > Given that u is independent of m this 'potential' is considered mass
> > indenpendent.  This is WHY! big G is only truly valid for multibody
> > problems.  Trying to get the right answer with only Qu just doesn't
> > cut it.
>
> > Look at Qu (kg/m-sec^2)(m^2/kg) => m/sec^2, it's not a force, it's the
> > field's attenuation  potential.
>
> I didn't say that Qu was a force. I said that Qu*mass is a force, the
> force you'd get on a mass if you had complete screening, with the momentum
> flux Q incident from one side only.

Yes, and I've been trying to tell you that QuM is not a proper
expression in the model.

> If you want to use a cube of some size, of some density, you get the same
> result, as long as you're still in the weak attenuation limit.

In the weak attenuation limit there is more spacing than attenuation
sites (that what matter is in the model). As such each attenuator is
exposed to the field flux and has a cross-sectional area. It a 3D
problem, and it is the sum of ALL of the attenuating areas that
produce the total effect. That WHY I expressed the equation the way I
did uM => total cross-sectional area. Note that uM for the Earth is
MUCH greater than its physical area. I could be a modernist and just
say 'shut up & calculate' :) but that not the way to understanding.

> Isn't saying that the momentum flux Q is 6.74 (kg.m/s)/m^2/s the same
> as saying that the force that would act on a perfectly absorbing square 1m
> by 1m in area, completely shielded from one side, would be 6.74N?

Yup, that an interesting problem, isn't it... The exposure of more
attenuating area ican increase the effect per unit volume because its
a 4 pi omni-directional flux and, being constant per unit volume has
some counter intuitive aspects.

> If not, why not? Surely the momentum flux of the corpuscles must be much
> greater than the gravitational forces we see, since a tiny reduction in
> the flux from one side, resulting in an equally tine anisotropy in the
> flux, with a tiny absorption, is meant to lead to the gravitational forces
> we see.
>
> If the maximum force we could get on an object of 1m^2 in cross-section
> were only 6.74N, how can we see forces larger than this, in real life, on
> objects smaller than this?

Well, in the end, do the math using the terms 6.744 for Q and 3.147E-6
for u. You'll find that it yields Newton's equations. Why is a very
interesting physical process...

As I mentioned earlier, this leads to a path of unification between EM-
SM and gravity. If Q is, in fact, the momentum flux of the universal
aether medium,and given Maxwell own definition of c^2 = 1/u'z Where
u' -> compressibility and z the density, then these terms are
fundamental also to Q. In fact,

Q = a^2/u'(2pi) = (e^2/2h)^2/z2pi = 6.744 kg/m-sec^2

Where a is alpha (1/137.0358) and e elemental charge (1.60217E-19 kg/
sec)

So, we have here a direct connection between EM-SM and gravity....

As for the 3kT well if v = c and the kinetic energy is 1/2mc^2 = 3/2kT
then mc^2 = 3kT. Given mc^2 = h(nu) well, what more do you want? You
really think that given Maxwell's definitions of u' & z and thus
leading to e/m being a frequency that it is a coincidence that h(e/m)/
3k = 2.8 Degrees K??? Hell of a one if it is.

Paul Stowe

From: Timo Nieminen on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Paul Stowe wrote:

> On Apr 5, 8:03 pm, Timo Nieminen <t...(a)physics.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> > > As for the force of gravity, this is why big G is Qu^2, NOT! qu.  The
> > > Newtonian is, technically in LeSage's weak region,
> >
> > >                   F = Q(uM)(um)/r^2
> >
> > > The total 'potential', or what we call acceleration due to gravity,
> > > is,
> >
> > >                   a = Qu(Mu/r^2)
> >
> > > BUT! you MUST have that second mass m to realize this 'potential'.
> > > Given that u is independent of m this 'potential' is considered mass
> > > indenpendent.  This is WHY! big G is only truly valid for multibody
> > > problems.  Trying to get the right answer with only Qu just doesn't
> > > cut it.
> >
> > > Look at Qu (kg/m-sec^2)(m^2/kg) => m/sec^2, it's not a force, it's the
> > > field's attenuation  potential.
> >
> > I didn't say that Qu was a force. I said that Qu*mass is a force, the
> > force you'd get on a mass if you had complete screening, with the momentum
> > flux Q incident from one side only.
>
> Yes, and I've been trying to tell you that QuM is not a proper
> expression in the model.

Why isn't it? A momentum flux, a mass absorption coefficient, and a mass
should together give the rate of transfer of momentum to said mass. That
is, a force exerted on the mass.

If it was what you were trying to say, you could have said it, instead of
saying that Qu isn't a force (which it obviously isn't).

> > If you want to use a cube of some size, of some density, you get the same
> > result, as long as you're still in the weak attenuation limit.
>
> In the weak attenuation limit there is more spacing than attenuation
> sites (that what matter is in the model). As such each attenuator is
> exposed to the field flux and has a cross-sectional area. It a 3D
> problem, and it is the sum of ALL of the attenuating areas that
> produce the total effect. That WHY I expressed the equation the way I
> did uM => total cross-sectional area. Note that uM for the Earth is
> MUCH greater than its physical area. I could be a modernist and just
> say 'shut up & calculate' :) but that not the way to understanding.

I see a serious problem here, a very serious problem for the theory. Le
Sage must operate in the weak absorption limit for gravitation
by the Earth, due to limits imposed by lack of observable shielding.

Problem 1: In the weak absorption limit, uM is the total interaction
cross-section, and the interaction cross-section is much less than the
geometric cross-section. If uM >> geometric cross-section, then you aren't
in the weak absorption limit, and the theory has failed. For uM much
greater than geometric cross-section, you have very strong absorption, and
the interaction cross-section will be close to the geometric cross-section
(but still less, unless absorption is total, which you don't get with
exponential absorption).

> > Isn't saying that the momentum flux Q is 6.74 (kg.m/s)/m^2/s the same
> > as saying that the force that would act on a perfectly absorbing square 1m
> > by 1m in area, completely shielded from one side, would be 6.74N?
>
> Yup, that an interesting problem, isn't it... The exposure of more
> attenuating area ican increase the effect per unit volume because its
> a 4 pi omni-directional flux and, being constant per unit volume has
> some counter intuitive aspects.

Problem 2: Not that counter-intuitive. 6.74N is what you'd have if the
flux were unidirectional. Not being unidirectional will reduce the maximum
force possible, and make things worse. Not much worse, but it certainly
doesn't help.

> > If not, why not? Surely the momentum flux of the corpuscles must be much
> > greater than the gravitational forces we see, since a tiny reduction in
> > the flux from one side, resulting in an equally tine anisotropy in the
> > flux, with a tiny absorption, is meant to lead to the gravitational forces
> > we see.
> >
> > If the maximum force we could get on an object of 1m^2 in cross-section
> > were only 6.74N, how can we see forces larger than this, in real life, on
> > objects smaller than this?
>
> Well, in the end, do the math using the terms 6.744 for Q and 3.147E-6
> for u. You'll find that it yields Newton's equations. Why is a very
> interesting physical process...

Le Sage absorption gives the Newtonian result for terrestrial gravitation
only in the weak absorption limit. So, with no restriction on Q and u
other than one must remain in the weak absorption limit, one obtains
Newtonian gravitation, and G=Qu^2.

Problem 3: Weak absorption means that u*density*thickness must be small,
much less than 1. u*density being approximately 0.01 means that any
thickness of, say, greater than 10m, is already past weak absorption.
Since the thickness of the Earth is much greater than 10m, the necessary
condition is not satisfied.

This is a real problem. It might look at first like the maths tells you
that any Q, u that satisfy G=Qu^2 is OK, but u must also be such that you
stay in the weak absorption limit.

Taken together, these problems are immediately fatal. Not necessarily
fatal to a le Sage theory, but fatal to your choice of Q and u. (Well, I
think that each point is immediately fatal, but this doesn't change the
conclusion when they're taken together.) If the values of Q and u that
follow from G and heating are such that u means you no longer have weak
absorption, the theory, with this Q and u, is dead. Perhaps your
assumption that the corpuscle speed is c is wrong?

> As I mentioned earlier, this leads to a path of unification between EM-
> SM and gravity. If Q is, in fact, the momentum flux of the universal
> aether medium,and given Maxwell own definition of c^2 = 1/u'z Where
> u' -> compressibility and z the density, then these terms are
> fundamental also to Q. In fact,
>
> Q = a^2/u'(2pi) = (e^2/2h)^2/z2pi = 6.744 kg/m-sec^2
>
> Where a is alpha (1/137.0358) and e elemental charge (1.60217E-19 kg/
> sec)
>
> So, we have here a direct connection between EM-SM and gravity....
>
> As for the 3kT well if v = c and the kinetic energy is 1/2mc^2 = 3/2kT
> then mc^2 = 3kT. Given mc^2 = h(nu) well, what more do you want? You
> really think that given Maxwell's definitions of u' & z and thus
> leading to e/m being a frequency that it is a coincidence that h(e/m)/
> 3k = 2.8 Degrees K??? Hell of a one if it is.

If (1/2)mc^2 is the energy, and h(nu) is the energy, I would want a little
more than mc^2 = h(nu).

If you search for coincidences, you'll find them. Numerologists have been
making money for many centuries.

In any event, I'd make sure that the gravity part of the theory works
properly before getting too excited about such unification.

--
Timo
From: Timo Nieminen on
On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Timo Nieminen wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Paul Stowe wrote:
>
> > Yup, that an interesting problem, isn't it... The exposure of more
> > attenuating area ican increase the effect per unit volume because its
> > a 4 pi omni-directional flux and, being constant per unit volume has
> > some counter intuitive aspects.
>
> Problem 2: Not that counter-intuitive. 6.74N is what you'd have if the
> flux were unidirectional. Not being unidirectional will reduce the maximum
> force possible, and make things worse. Not much worse, but it certainly
> doesn't help.

In Edwards (pg 187), you have max flux = Q * pi * (r/R)^2 for a spherical
body that absorbs completely. Given that Q is defined as the incident flux
per unit area, it is odd that shielding from one side gives a net flux
larger than this, but I assume this is in the definition of "net flux" as
a different kind of flux.

OK, with this, you get a maximum force, next to a completely shielding
body, of 6.74 * pi = 21 N per kg.

(Eqn (19), on pg 188, is wrong; this should be F = Qu m2 pi (r/R)^2, not
F = Qu^2 m2 pi (r/R)^2. Just repeat the weak limit calculation, replacing
the weak limit net flux with the strong limit net flux, and this is what
you get.

In Edwards, pg 188, it's clearly stated (in words, rather than as a
mathematical expression) that F = Q_net u m. So why have you been trying
to say that Qu * mass isn't a force?

--
Timo
From: NoEinstein on
On Apr 5, 8:52 pm, spudnik <Space...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear Spudnik: You've got a lot going for you. In the case of the
present reply of yours, "a lot" is too much book to read. If any
portion of your treatise relates to the mechanism of gravity, and
especially, if you take issue with my assertion that ETHER FLOW is the
mechanism of gravity, give-me-your-best-shot at proving me wrong. To
date no one has proven me wrong about anything. I invite any of the
readers to do that, too, but please stick to one issue at a time.
Spudnik's book-size replies will go unread. — NoEinstein —