From: ray on
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 03:38:51 -0800, RichA wrote:

> They make you a target for the inquisitive. So if you want to shoot
> images in peace, don't use a tripod where people are.

I can think of another one. You can't use it unless you brought it along
- which means you've got to pack the thing around everywhere ;)
From: Dave Cohen on
On 1/26/2010 6:38 AM, RichA wrote:
> They make you a target for the inquisitive. So if you want to shoot
> images in peace, don't use a tripod where people are.

Thanks for that. How about tips on using ng's without annoying pointless
posts.
From: Paul Heslop on
RichA wrote:

> They make you a target for the inquisitive. So if you want to shoot
> images in peace, don't use a tripod where people are.

this is true, though I have to say that within a few miles of our
house just being human is bound to bring you to someone's attention if
you're on your own.

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: SMS on
RichA wrote:

> They make you a target for the inquisitive. So if you want to shoot
> images in peace, don't use a tripod where people are.

Between a tripod and a lens hood, it also causes people to ask you to
photograph them because they believe that you're a professional.

Before everyone and their brother had a digital SLR, I got a lot of
requests like this, with "e-mail me the picture," especially out in the
wilderness where most people were not likely to carry an SLR because of
the size and weight.

However one thing that still isn't all that common is D-SLR owners with
an extreme wide-angle lens. With the 10-22mm lens (16-35mm) I still get
the requests for group photos.
From: Twibil on
On Jan 26, 6:40 am, "Mr. Strat" <r...(a)nospam.techline.com> wrote:

> Your advice is so helpful. Have you always been retarded?

Only so far.