From: Ofnuts on
On 27/01/2010 04:20, Save $3.99 wrote:
> "RichA"<rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> They make you a target for the inquisitive. So if you want to shoot
>> images in peace, don't use a tripod where people are.
>>
> So Rich, buy a Novoflex Quadropod, why use three legs, when 4 are better?
>
> http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/camera-support-systems/quadropod/
>
> Next year maybe an Octopod?

Three is better. Three points define a plane, so a tripod is always stable.
--
Bertrand
From: Frank ess on

Ofnuts wrote:
> On 27/01/2010 04:20, Save $3.99 wrote:
>> "RichA"<rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> They make you a target for the inquisitive. So if you want to
>>> shoot images in peace, don't use a tripod where people are.
>>>
>> So Rich, buy a Novoflex Quadropod, why use three legs, when 4 are
>> better?
>> http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/camera-support-systems/quadropod/
>>
>> Next year maybe an Octopod?
>
> Three is better. Three points define a plane, so a tripod is always
> stable.

Whoosh!

At the other extreme, a quadropedpod:
http://home.roadrunner.com/~fsheff/puppod.htm

--
Frank ess

From: Ray Fischer on
Outing Trolls is FUN! <otif(a)trollouters.org> wrote:
>On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:59:41 -0800 (PST), Twibil <nowayjose6(a)gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Jan 26, 10:10�pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! <o...(a)trollouters.org>
>>wrote:
>>>

>>> It is a poor craftsman that blames any tool.
>>
>>It's a foolish troll who uses an inaccurate chiche'.
>>
>>And when it's a poorly designed/manufactured tool, even the best
>>craftsman can't do near as much with it as he could with a good one.
>>
>>http://web.archive.org/web/20020620141931/chordacopia.com/images/instruments/strad_front.jpg
>
>It's a foolish troll who goes to such great lengths to try to prove
>anything.

Still trying to prove that your toys are superior, troll?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Bob Williams on
tony cooper wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:04:29 -0800, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> RichA wrote:
>>
>>> They make you a target for the inquisitive. So if you want to shoot
>>> images in peace, don't use a tripod where people are.
>> Between a tripod and a lens hood, it also causes people to ask you to
>> photograph them because they believe that you're a professional.
>>
>> Before everyone and their brother had a digital SLR, I got a lot of
>> requests like this, with "e-mail me the picture," especially out in the
>> wilderness where most people were not likely to carry an SLR because of
>> the size and weight.
>>
>> However one thing that still isn't all that common is D-SLR owners with
>> an extreme wide-angle lens. With the 10-22mm lens (16-35mm) I still get
>> the requests for group photos.
>
> I don't get requests to take photographs of tourists and email the
> results to them, but quite often a couple will spot my dslr around my
> neck and ask me to take a photograph of both of them together on their
> camera. They often don't understand why I want them to move away from
> some distracting background or turn to get better light on them.
>
> It can be kinda funny watching me doing this. I have a Nikon dslr, so
> I automatically raise the camera to my eye. Nothing to see with most
> of the little cameras presented to me.

Man! Isn't that the truth.
Most recent compact P/S do not have optical viewfinders so you have to
compose the picture on the screen which is almost invisible in sunlite.
I'll move the subjects to a shady area and use fill flash if necessary.
On occasion, I have suggested that I put their memory card in my camera
and get a decent picture for them.
The usual reply is, "Oh! Can you do that?......DUH.
Bob Williams
From: Peter on
"Bob Williams" <mytbobnospam(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> tony cooper wrote:

>> I don't get requests to take photographs of tourists and email the
>> results to them, but quite often a couple will spot my dslr around my
>> neck and ask me to take a photograph of both of them together on their
>> camera. They often don't understand why I want them to move away from
>> some distracting background or turn to get better light on them.
>>
>> It can be kinda funny watching me doing this. I have a Nikon dslr, so
>> I automatically raise the camera to my eye. Nothing to see with most
>> of the little cameras presented to me.
>>

> Man! Isn't that the truth.
> Most recent compact P/S do not have optical viewfinders so you have to
> compose the picture on the screen which is almost invisible in sunlite.
> I'll move the subjects to a shady area and use fill flash if necessary.
> On occasion, I have suggested that I put their memory card in my camera
> and get a decent picture for them.
> The usual reply is, "Oh! Can you do that?......DUH.

Yeabut, the DSLRs that I use do not accept the SD cards that those cameras
use.

--
Peter