From: LOL! on
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:07:58 +0100, Ofnuts <o.f.n.u.t.s(a)la.poste.net>
wrote:

>On 26/01/2010 20:04, SMS wrote:
>> RichA wrote:
>>
>>> They make you a target for the inquisitive. So if you want to shoot
>>> images in peace, don't use a tripod where people are.
>>
>> Between a tripod and a lens hood, it also causes people to ask you to
>> photograph them because they believe that you're a professional.
>>
>> Before everyone and their brother had a digital SLR, I got a lot of
>> requests like this, with "e-mail me the picture," especially out in the
>> wilderness where most people were not likely to carry an SLR because of
>> the size and weight.
>
>I get many requests from people waving a camera and asking me to take a
>picture of them all in front of some recognizable background like the
>Eiffel Tower or Notre Dame. I still don't know if they think that:
>
>- I'm honest
>- I'm willing to help
>- Given by pro-looking gear I may know how to operate their camera and
>take a decent picture
>- Given my pro-looking gear I'm not too likely to run away with their
>camera.
>- Given my bulky gear I'm not too likely to be able to outrun them if I
>fancied to dart away with their camera

LOL! Oh look! Another wannabe tourist snapshooter trying to impress others
with his shiny baubles and beads around his neck. Even claiming how
cumbersome his wasted DSLR purchase is.

LOL!!!

From: Twibil on
On Jan 26, 10:10 pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! <o...(a)trollouters.org>
wrote:

> It is a poor craftsman that blames any tool.

It's a foolish troll who uses an inaccurate chiche'.

And when it's a poorly designed/manufactured tool, even the best
craftsman can't do near as much with it as he could with a good one.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020620141931/chordacopia.com/images/instruments/strad_front.jpg
From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 01:16:51 -0800 (PST), Twibil <nowayjose6(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>perhaps you can explain how it was that
>I built and sold 12 of these guitars you ignorantly derided -with
>prices ranging from $1,000 up- to serious classical musicians?

>> A guitar like that is sold to those that
>> want to impress others with their costume and jewelry in order to make up
>> for the musician's lack of talent, and the lack of tonal quality from the
>> guitar. Dazzle them with something shiny so the audience won't notice the
>> bullshit.

Can't you read?

LOL!

From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
wrote:

>Uh-huh. If it's PERFECT, then perhaps you can explain how it was that
>I built and sold 12 of these guitars you ignorantly derided -with
>prices ranging from $1,000 up- to serious classical musicians?

Oh look! He admits to not only being a fucked-up TROLL, but a SPAMMER TOO!

LOL!

From: Rich on
On Jan 26, 10:34 pm, "Save $3.99" <d...(a)null.null> wrote:
> "John A." <j...(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote in message

> > On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:54:20 -0800, Savageduck
> > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> >>So do goofy hats.

> >>use noise cancelling head phones.

> >>Use a mannequin-pod with camera mounted in the head. this will make the
> >>photographer totally inconspicuous in a crowd. Though it might be
> >>difficult to explain why you have your face hard against the back of
> >>the mannequin's head.
> >>...and it might look odd with one of the mannequin's eyes at 77mm.
>
> > With a little yellow paint and the right clothes you could pass off a
> > TLR as a surveying instrument.
>
> Paint the tripod Olive Drap (khaki for the Commonwealth members) Mount a
> huge 400mm~600mm with a camo-skin so it looks like a TOW missile, wear mil
> fatiques, nobody will approach you. Failing that wear a T-shirt saying your
> name is RichA...

You could go to a politically rally using a Novoflex Fotosniper rig.