From: chrisv on
Duncan Hawthorne wrote:

>In this single

*plonk*

From: Chris Ahlstrom on
Hadron stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:

> Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc(a)launchmodem.com> writes:
>
>> Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
>> Calculated MTBF is 356K hours.
>> (That's about 14800 days or about 1200 years).
>
> What is it with COLA "advocates" and maths? First we have Rasker telling
> us that Linux netbooks are outselling the Windows one "and this link
> proves it" and now Chris is FAILing basic arithmetic.

Not having had my morning coffee, I stupidly dropped the 365 factor.
Get over it.

> Firstly MTBF means nothing to the user whose card breaks down a week
> later.

Thank you Mr. Obvious.

> Secondly : the first was a "server class" card. Not a bucket card in the
> average desktop.

<rest of tripe snipped>

--
Many of the characters are fools and they are always playing
tricks on me and treating me badly.
From: Chris Ahlstrom on
chrisv stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:

> Duncan Hawthorne wrote:
>
>>In this single
>
> *plonk*

I dub him the "Asstraweb" troll.

--
"...'fire' does not matter, 'earth' and 'air' and 'water' do not
matter. 'I' do not matter. No word matters. But man forgets reality
From: David on
In article <i1f2pr$5op$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Hadron<hadronquark(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc(a)launchmodem.com> writes:

> > Hadron stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:

> >> Network cards do indeed wear out.
> >
> > Indeed:
> >
> > http://www.aei-it.com/hardware/gigenet/x1000.htm
> >
> > Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF): 147 (Years)
> >
> > http://www3.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/pro10016/sb/cs-008182.htm
> >
> > Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
> >
> > Calculated MTBF is 356K hours.
> >
> > (That's about 14800 days or about 1200 years).

> What is it with COLA "advocates" and maths? First we have Rasker
> telling us that Linux netbooks are outselling the Windows one "and
> this link proves it" and now Chris is FAILing basic arithmetic.

> Firstly MTBF means nothing to the user whose card breaks down a week
> later.

> Secondly : the first was a "server class" card. Not a bucket card in
> the average desktop.

> Thirdly : 356K hours == 356000 hours == 356000/8765 == 40 years.

> Whoops!

> Advocate claim : 1200 years
> Reality : 40 years

> Factor of fudge used by "Advocate" : 30

> Lets hope Chris isn't involved in HW procurement as well as office
> document corruption ....

Nay, he's done his calculations based on the cards working for only 12
days in each year. They must be Christmas Cards! ;-)

--
Om Namah Shivaya | Om Saha-srapadave namaha

David - toro-danyo atcost uku fullstop co fullstop uk
http://www.toro-danyo.uku.co.uk/
From: Hadron on
David <nospam(a)nomaps.amnops.invalid> writes:

> In article <i1f2pr$5op$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Hadron<hadronquark(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc(a)launchmodem.com> writes:
>
>> > Hadron stopped playing his vuvuzela long enough to say:

>> > Indeed:
>> >
>> > http://www.aei-it.com/hardware/gigenet/x1000.htm
>> >
>> > Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF): 147 (Years)
>> >
>> > http://www3.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/pro10016/sb/cs-008182.htm
>> >
>> > Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
>> >
>> > Calculated MTBF is 356K hours.
>> >
>> > (That's about 14800 days or about 1200 years).
>
>> What is it with COLA "advocates" and maths? First we have Rasker
>> telling us that Linux netbooks are outselling the Windows one "and
>> this link proves it" and now Chris is FAILing basic arithmetic.
>
>> Firstly MTBF means nothing to the user whose card breaks down a week
>> later.
>
>> Secondly : the first was a "server class" card. Not a bucket card in
>> the average desktop.
>
>> Thirdly : 356K hours == 356000 hours == 356000/8765 == 40 years.
>
>> Whoops!
>
>> Advocate claim : 1200 years
>> Reality : 40 years
>
>> Factor of fudge used by "Advocate" : 30
>
>> Lets hope Chris isn't involved in HW procurement as well as office
>> document corruption ....
>
> Nay, he's done his calculations based on the cards working for only 12
> days in each year. They must be Christmas Cards! ;-)

Chris isn't very bright at times. He has spent so long sucking up to
morons like chrisv and Dumb Willy Poaster his IQ has plummeted. That or
he has his Master Roy putting his "poasts" through his spam sed scripts
to distort the truth.