First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
how to convert int to datetime
I have databese where LDATE column uses int datatype to stored dates(i dont know why db designer used int to store datetime).how can i convert int to datetime? Thank you ... 20 Oct 2009 09:59
UPDATE into large table
We have a table that contains billions of rows. When we try to UPDATE that table, we overload the transaction log. What are some ways to avoid this? Is there a way to "turn off" the transaction log temporarily? ... 2 Oct 2009 04:18
I'm a New bie to SQL SERVER 2005
Hi I'm using SQL Server 2005 on a .NET project that deals with multiple languages, During installation i made the SQL collation to default. But as of now i will be using English & Arabic languages in my project, how do i set the collation now. Should i have to change the COLLATION for the whole SQL SERVER 2005... 1 Oct 2009 07:15
DateTime type in SQL Server 2008
TEMPLATES table has a field X_UPDATED whose type is datetime. I use the code to update it in SQL Server 2008 but an exception occurs. cmd = new OdbcCommand("UPDATE TEMPLATES SET X_UPDATED=? WHERE FILENAME='" + fileName + "'", this._dbConn); OdbcParameter param2 = cmd.Parameters... 28 Sep 2009 18:08
Need to locate jobs running past their next scheduled run time SQL 2005
Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell(a)eds.com) writes: Looking over the list of job tables and then looking at the documentation it would seem that the sysjobactivty table would provide my answer however the table has 4751 rows and many of the jobs have not ran since 2008 so obviously there is more to understanding th... 9 Sep 2009 18:44
MS SQLS Server 1.2 JDBC Driver - problems
MS SQL Server 2005 9.0.3054 64-bit Does anyone have experience using the MS SQLS Server 1.2 JDBC Driver? Since upgrading from the 1.1 driver, we have seen odd stuff, for example: --- Dec 10, 2008 6:02:57 AM com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel enableSSL WARNING: TDSChannel ( ConnectionID:2374 Transaction... 11 Dec 2008 13:39
Need help with hint syntax in SQL Server 2000
I have only used hints a few times and it has been a while. Every time I try to play with an SQL statement to force use of index over a non-indexed path so I can compare the two approaches it take me forever because I cannot remember how to code the hints. I just cannot figure it out form the books on-line syntax... 17 Dec 2008 09:33
Having problems using BCP for CSV output
I have been using SQL Server 2005 for a total of 2 days and am trying to transfer table data from one server to another. For whatever reason the original operator only gave us the DB in a BAK file. The new server for security purpose won't accept that for a restore unless it was made on their server. I inst... 27 Jul 2008 13:31
Default storage space - DB engine tuning advisor
Received this error when running the DB engine tuning Advisor (DTA) The minimum storage space required for the selected physical design structures exceeds the default storage space selected by Database Engine Tuning Advisor. Either keep fewer physical design structures, or increase the default storage space to be... 1 Apr 2008 11:13
Dynamic date range for each row?
Hi, I'm trying to group data by date range, but each row of data could have a different date range based on a variable. I want to say "look at the date range the paste five orders were placed" for each row individually. As an example, think of the rows as keywords in a Search Marketing program. Keyword X had 5... 1 Feb 2008 00:43