First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
XML parsing duplicate attribute Error
Following query ,emits error SELECT TOP 1000 total_worker_time/execution_count AS [Avg CPU Time], deqp.dbid,deqp.objectid,deqp.number,deqp.encrypted FROM sys.dm_exec_query_stats AS qs CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_query_plan(qs.plan_handle) deqp GO -- Error SQL Server 2008 Developer SP1 Msg 9437, Level 16, State 1... 30 Nov 2009 18:04
Trusted Connection without DC from another computer?
Just to be sure: Is it possible to login from a _remote_ machine to SQL Server using Trusted Connection _without_ a Active Directory account? The story... I have a workgroup build with 3 PCs only. The first PC has installed SQL Server 2008 Express. I need to connect from other PCs with Trusted Connection. The ... 26 Nov 2009 17:34
Column naming standard - general opinions
gargoyle60 (gargoyle60(a)example.invalid) writes: I was trained in SQL years ago and was encouraged to use lower-case letters with words separated for emphasis using the underscore character, for example: customer_num, employee_id, invoice_line, transaction_code I've stuck with this approach ever ... 20 Nov 2009 17:56
Column naming standard � general opinions
Don't want to start a long-winded discussion, just seeking some general views. . . I was trained in SQL years ago and was encouraged to use lower-case letters with words separated for emphasis using the underscore character, for example: customer_num, employee_id, invoice_line, transaction_code I've stuc... 22 Nov 2009 17:10
How to determine free time
I have a table having classes start time and duration. So for example Create Table MyClasses ( ClassName nvarchar(15), StartTime nvarchar(5), Duration int ); Insert into MyClasses values ('Physics', '09:00', 40 ); Insert into MyClasses values ('Math', '11:30', 50 ); Insert into MyClasses values ('Chemistr... 6 Nov 2009 21:26
Running Profiler via a SQL script.
Hi, SQL 2005 Enterprise Edition (SP2) I'm having trouble running a SQL script generated via the SQL 2005 Profiler. I've set up a very simple proifle template to look for 'Crystal Report' SQL that runs for over 2 seconds in the mill - the only two filters I have on the template are 'Application name' and 'Du... 8 Nov 2009 14:03
a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback - so you get a free copy
We at, Nob Hill Software, are working on a new query tool: http://www.nobhillsoft.com/MarieAlix.aspx You can read all about it on the above web page, but basically, its a very ambitious project to create what we call 'the query tool to end all query tools': everything you ever wanted, desired, dreamed about ... 6 Nov 2009 07:01
New bie to SQL, confused about SQL collation
QUESTON # 1 ---------------------- I'm confused about the SQL collation, what is it actually for?. I created a new database and later checked my SQL collaction it is set to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS. The problem what i have now is accessing the field names / tablename has become case sensitive. No idea how thi... 6 Nov 2009 19:15
Are IF statemens legal in a VIEW?
I'm trying to create a view where a number will changes based on a couple of fields. First of all, are IF statements valid in a VIEW? I keep getting syntax errors near the keyword IF. My attemped code follows: CREATE VIEW [dbo].[UPS_GLOBALSHIP_TEST] AS SELECT COMPANY,ShipToName,ADDRESS1,ADDRESS2,ADDRESS3,CITY... 3 Nov 2009 00:32
bcp & DB name with embedded blank
I'm trying to use "bcp" on a SQL Server database whose name contains an embedded blank. I tried everything I can think of, but cannot find the correct syntax. Any ideas? ... 21 Oct 2009 18:15