From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion" <westpase-he_ac(a)hotmail.com> wrote
in message
On Nov 1, 10:36 pm, "Sean Conolly" <sjconolly...(a)yaaho.com> wrote:
> "Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion" <westpase-he...(a)hotmail.com>
> wrote
> in
> messagenews:2e0814e5-0b78-4abf-a81a-684575bc8578(a)k17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>
> >I decided to review some of the posting history
> > since Arnold B. posted his bio in a previous
> > thread, and couldn't take critique well.
> > I came across a quote from one of his 12-2005
> > postings:
> > "I quit before I got banned."
> > Much like commiting suicide before execution.
> > 22 months of blessed silence over there.(PSW)
>
> I really loved this part:
>
> "Previously I worked for several decades on computer mainframes and was
> well-known internationally for my software developments and training
> seminars related to the IBM VM/370-XP operating system."
>
> Um.. if you're famous you don't need to tell people that you're famous,
> right?
>
> As I frequently tell my grown kids, never believe your own PR/BS. You're
> only as good as your last gig.
>
> Sean

He must have been involved with audio playback
from punch cards clipped to his tricycle frame.
It was an industrial model, so he considered it
pro audio. Big Wheel keeps on rollin'

My brother was a lead designer on the Univac and PDP-8s
george

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

> Still doesn't change the fact that your grandkids will see that they need
> to keep a very keen eye on their mental health in case it is genetic. Then
> again I would very much doubt that your kids are actually yours anyway.
>
> Phildo
It ios genetic Phildo
arnii mother was at least instutionalized before he was out of puberty, she
may have killed herself though I do not remember for sure
too bad arnii would not kill himslef
I got my dancing shoes all spit shined for that glorious day
george

From: Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion on
On Nov 2, 2:53 am, Richard.Webb.my.f...(a)116-901.ftn.wpusa.dynip.com
(Richard Webb) wrote:
> On Sun 2037-Nov-01 20:01, Getting Older and Grumpier writes: > Too bad you can't filter the low end noise sources.
>
> But you can.  INstitute your killfile, and don't respond to
> them.  NOw if we could get others not to respond either,
> because the attention is what is wanted.
> Certain individuals who won't be mentioned by name are happy as long as a thread even discusses them by name.
> To be totally ignored is a usenet death sentence, and that
> is the only policy which will discourage said individual(s)
> and improve the snr.
>
> Regards,
>            Richard
> ... Incompetence knows no barriers of time or place.
> --
> | Remove .my.foot for email
> | via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet<->Internet Gateway Site
> | Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his own.

Hi Richard, killfiling would mean I'd miss some
of the fun.
At least I'm not claiming to belong to the
Writers Guild even though my material is
getting chuckles.
Did a couple of Islamic-Judism comedian
duos. Now they had funny material.
The best line for me was when one was
reminising of working in Maine, read the newspaper
article about moose going out on the highway
at night and killing drivers.
Fundamentalist terrorist moose.
They were trained by the Geico Squirrels.
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

> The only thing he fears is to be ignored. Why not give that another try
>
> Ron(UK)

Ron if I was to do that what do you consider a reasonable time to sit on the
sideline as he trashes this group mercilessly
nsults every poster and fills your newsreader with slime?
If I let it go two weeks would that be sufficent to establish AGAIN that
it does not work?
How often must "I" be the one that turns the other cheek ?

I have not debated arnii in over a month and his posting here has dropped to
less than 2 a day
what I am doing IS working.
but just to humor the naysayers
give me a time period of letting arnii run amuck you feel is adaquate in
order to establish that there is NO aapls with arnii here
and only him absence either on his own or though his gods hand will bring
this group back around
If you can make a solid case I will consider a temporairy suspension of my
effort and let you try what you can to solve this problem.
after a set time period though if arnii is not gone I would feel obligated
for the good of all that is aapls to continue fighting this plague

remember last time I ignored all arnii's posts I let it go around 3 years
while he continued to spit in my face
I do not have that level of patience again
so make your proposal , but the only acceptable outcome is one without arnii
ever posting here agian

George

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

> My only case is that if this continues for much longer, there will only be
> the three of you left here, in which case, AK has won.

my point is that is no point to a aapls with arnii so if we can not get rid
of him what diffrence does it make ?
yes it is annoying to deal with this constipated turd of the internet
But he has been stinking up this room for far too long

> Give it two weeks, let him rant and rave, just ignore him - unless he
> drops such a gaff that he puts someone's life in danger, pretend he
> doesn't exist.

Ron with all respect that disclaimer is where you argument falls down
either he gets 100% ignored by everyone , NO MATTER WHAT HE POSTS, off
topic, on topic, god bothering, slander ,safe, dangerous, or the location of
the holy grail, whatever, or you are simply feeding the beast

But I reiterate, it takes everyone, it's no use one
> person engaging him in any way (you told me that yourself, remember?)

OK Ron I will give you your two weeks
if at the end of the two weeks if arnii has neither died or left I would
expect that I will get no more gruff about dealing with it as I see fit
Deal?
George