From: Getting Older and Grumpier Gear Minion on
On Nov 2, 7:15 pm, Richard.Webb.my.f...(a)116-901.ftn.wpusa.dynip.com
(Richard Webb) wrote:
> On Mon 2037-Nov-02 10:49, Getting Older and Grumpier writes: >> To be totally ignored is a usenet death sentence, and that
>
> >> is the only policy which will discourage said individual(s)
> >> and improve the snr.
> > Hi Richard, killfiling would mean I'd miss some
> > of the fun.
>
> Maybe, but after awhile it ceases to be any sort of fun I
> guess.
>
> > At least I'm not claiming to belong to the
> > Writers Guild even though my material is
> > getting chuckles.
>
> INdeed.  AT least your posts are humorous regarding all this silliness <g>.
>
> > Did a couple of Islamic-Judism comedian
> > duos. Now they had funny material.
>
> Sounds like an interesting evening <g..
>
> Regards,
>            Richard
> --
> | Remove .my.foot for email
> | via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet<->Internet Gateway Site
> | Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his own.

Yes it was an interesting show, one guy was a Rabbi,
The other had done a couple of movies,etc and was
trying to get a different experience doing clubs, and
demonstrating that both sides could laugh at themselves.
An unlikely concept to happen here <g>.
From: Phildo on

"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
>> How often must "I" be the one that turns the other cheek ?
>
> Don't turn the other cheek, don;t do _anything_ unless it _really_ is
> justified, he really does hate to be ignored, it`s the thing he fears
> most. He`d rather be thought a fool than be ignored. It`s all sport to
> him, deny him his fun. Notice how quickly he reared up last time I
> suggested 'Sending him to Coventry'

So you are advocating going back to the way things were - George and myself
having Arny in our killfiles, him carrying on sniping and posting
bad/dangerous advice with nobody to contradict him. Way to go Ron. We've
been there, tried that and it doesn't work. To give up now will just mean we
have to go through all this again at a later date.

Far better would be everyone telling Arny he is wrong and humiliating him
still further. If everybody were to tell him that he was banned from PSW and
we all saw it happen then he would soon shut up on the subject. You saw it
happen yourself but by not telling him you did you are simply enabling him.
If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

It's pretty clear Arny's mental state is rapidly deteriorating for him to
think he can tell people he wasn't banned from PSW when he admits it himself
in the google archives and everybody saw it happen. All we can do is quicken
that inevitable nervous breakdown and his committal.

Phildo

From: Arkansan Raider on
Sean Conolly wrote:

> It's about as relevant today as being able to write memos in cuneiform or
> quipu.
>
> Sean

Off-Topic:

Funny: I have an Old Testament professor who is one of about 100 people
in the world who can translate ancient Sumerian. He's actually in pretty
high demand from archaeologists.

Not only that, but he's a pretty demanding professor. The man doesn't
play around, I'll give him that.

---Jeff
From: Arny Krueger on
"Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message
> "Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message

> So you are advocating going back to the way things were -
> George and myself having Arny in our killfiles, him
> carrying on sniping and posting bad/dangerous advice with
> nobody to contradict him.

The problem here Phildo is that you are insulting the remaining members of
AAPLS by saying that *nobody* but you and George can find anything wrong
with anything erroneous that I might post. People like Ron, were they to
suddenly grow backbones and the other equipment of normal humans, should
take this as an insult.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of the sniping in the past has
come from you and George, despite the fact that you claimed that you had me
killfiled. This would lead a reasonable person to believe that there is some
kind of failure of this to be effective.

But, by killfiling me, there was a significant reduction in the amount of
negative posting on AAPLS. That would seem to be an outcome that would be
good for the group.

From: Arny Krueger on
"Sean Conolly" <sjconolly_98(a)yaaho.com> wrote in message

> Like I said - you're only as good as your last gig -
> which in your case is building PC's for the local church.

Actually Sean, my last gig involved rehabilitating some very expensive
industrial/acoustical testing equipment for a multi billion-dollar
corporation. I guess that you are unaware that audio meets computers quite
often in the modern world. Too bad.

The simple fact is that the last PC I built was several orders of magnitude
larger and more powerful than that entire 140,000 square foot computer
center with over 100 employees and two 500 KW feeds from separate
substations and a 400KW diesel backup generator that I was a manager in back
in the 1980s.

I had to move on.

Sean, your problem is that you think you know it all and make stupid posts
that confuse minicomputers with mainframes. You told us the reason why - you
were never allowed to even see the mainframes, let alone specify, install,
configure, program and provide detailed maintenance for them like I did. You
were never competent to work at that level. They didn't let you even see
the mainframes, let alone touch them!

Your problem Sean is that like Phildo you think you're omnipotent and know
it all. Just because I don't make a post everytime I pull an interesting gig
like George or Phildo, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Unfortunately Sean, your desire to be unnecessarily insulting makes you look
like a fool.