From: sevagK on

o//annabee wrote:

> > See the indicater yourself if you have not yet poked out both your
> > eyes. Everytime Randall posts something, even if it has nothing to do
> > with Betov or Rosasm, you'll see a nutty Rene post insanities like the
> > one above showing everyone the bare fact: Betov has no competence to
> > respond to Randall's knowledge level.
>
> If René has no competanse, then who wrote RosAsm ?

An incompetent person wrote it. That's why it has the smallest
userbase of all the assemblers. Most people recognize this fact.

>:)) If it was not René,
> then I would like to know who is responsible for the most efficient
> programming tool I ever had the pleasure of working with.

To you maybe. I spent 10 minutes on it trying to do a trivial thing
and already broke the If-end_if macro. It's the most retarded
conditional branch macro I've experienced in any assmebler.
Then I tried to undo some texts... 1 character at a time undo. He
doesn't even have the competence to implement a decent undo feature.
Just about all Rosasm 'features' are a pale shadow of the same
features that appear in better assemblers.

> If Randall Hyde has any competanse, then who wrote HLA? If it was not
> Randall I like to know who is responsible for this catastrophy.

Rosasm can't hold a candle to the power of HLA. But that's not
surprising... Rosasm can't hold a candle to the power of MASM, FASM,
GOASM, NASM, TASM or AS.

It's no surprise that the assembler dragging at the bottom of the heap
was written by an incompetent.

-sevag.k
www.geocities.com/kahlinor

From: Bertrand Augereau on
First, I think Tim's statement is a bit provocative in the gaming
industry where most coders value performance and tight code :)

Second, he's probably right we'll need higher level languages than the
industry standard (ie C++) to leverage efficiently implicit parrallelism.
A more functional way, with less side effects is certainly desirable!

Third, please Wannabee, don't make a jerk of yourself, you don't know
jack about the game industry and what is involved in the production of a
game engine (certainly more than artworks).
From: Betov on
"nessuno" <fmdf66(a)yahoo.com> ?crivait news:1142193449.687919.318470
@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

> Just one more thought. Did I understand well that a RosAsm executable
> must be produced from a single file? Did I understand well that you
> can't link together different object files to produce a single
> executable?

You understood perfectly, and it is delibaratly made
that way in order to make it impossible for any user,
to do what you want to do. RosAsm is not a C-Side Tool.

;)

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on
"nessuno" <fmdf66(a)yahoo.com> ?crivait news:1142193421.944800.252890
@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Some months ago, when I heard about RosAsm in this NG, I really wanted
> to give it a try but later I discovered that it can't work on my
> operating system and I don't want to purchase a MS-Win licence only to
> run Ros Asm. I hope one day to see it running on a free and open source
> operating system, no matter which.

Good position, but you miss the point that i begun writing
RosAsm the first day i heard of ReactOS:

< http://www.reactos.org/xhtml/en/index.html >

[Don't dream... not yet ready for everydays usage...]

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: o//annabee on
P? Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:48:09 +0100, skrev Bertrand Augereau
<bertrand_myfamilynamegoeshere(a)yahoo.fr>:

> First, I think Tim's statement is a bit provocative in the gaming
> industry where most coders value performance and tight code :)
>
> Second, he's probably right we'll need higher level languages than the
> industry standard (ie C++) to leverage efficiently implicit parrallelism.
> A more functional way, with less side effects is certainly desirable!
>
> Third, please Wannabee, don't make a jerk of yourself, you don't know
> jack about the game industry and what is involved in the production of a
> game engine (certainly more than artworks).

Sure. I am not claiming I know. But I wrote a 3DEditor once, able to
create things like a simple plane, for instance, saved in my own file
format. It was in no way even a challange.

Yet I still will say that creating artwork is the major part of a 3D game
nowadays, which is why I will be more interessted in things like randomly
created terrain and such things, to compensate for the need for real art.
I have gathered rather many papers on this in the past, and have a rough
understanding of the areas which will require most time. And my guess is
that theese areas are

1. fast rendering, and good physics, e.g to even make a simple geometry
playable is takes some hard work. I will be focusing on dynamic scenery.
Where the player is able to change the environment.
2. Creating artwork is a _very_ significant part. To say its not is just
plain stupid.
3. Defining a playable game. That is an interssting idea. A good story,
and a good balance between the story and the playability. I have seen many
awsomely technical games, that are just terrible boring to play.

I am not saying I know. I am saying a have a rough picture. And I dont
think my picture is horribly unrealistic. But I am very ready to listen to
anyone having something to say about it, not that I am thinking its going
to be you :))))

One thing that is for sure, is that the hardest part is to come up with a
good idea for the game itself. Even a textbased game can be immensly fun,
if the playablity is very high. And the lastest in technical graphic will
not make much diffrence if the gameplay suck.