From: nobody on
Charles A. Crayne wrote:

> On 12 Mar 2006 11:57:02 -0800
> "nessuno" <fmdf66(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> :I really wanted
> :to give it a try but later I discovered that it can't work on my
> :operating system and I don't want to purchase a MS-Win licence only to
> :run Ros Asm.
>
> I ran it under WINE, and although I did not test it rigorously, the only
> function I found which did not work was debug -- and even that could
> probably be fixed without too much effort.
>
> -- Chuck

Great. What a stupid I am. I didn't even think to run it under WINE. I'll
give it a try as soon as possible.

fabio de francesco

From: hutch-- on
smile,

> As, on the other hand, there is exactly zero competitor,

When it comes to the failure count of your assembler AND disassembler,
you are correct here, nothing can compete with your failure rate.

Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com

From: Dragontamer on

Betov wrote:
> "Charles A. Crayne" <ccrayne(a)crayne.org> écrivait
>
> > I ran it under WINE, and although I did not test it rigorously, the only
> > function I found which did not work was debug -- and even that could
> > probably be fixed without too much effort.
>
> Yes, probably. We will solve this likely with ReactOS,
> as long as ReactOS shares many DLLs with WINE.

IIRC, Wine and ReactOS are basically forks of each other. They share
much
of the same code-base.

--Dragontamer

From: Robert Redelmeier on
penang(a)myrealbox.com wrote in part:
> GPU programming is something really hot these days

Really? Where do you get the docs? I haven't seen any
instruction set or programming manual for any GPU in many years.

> - with the new PCI-X version 2 coming up, programmers get to play
> with them GPU with their incredible parallel pipes, full force !

PCI-X is just a slighly different bus. How will that change
anything wrt programming?

> If only there's a way to turn the heat up even more with
> assembly language.

IIRC, the OP was on using SSE primatives (macros?) iso assembly.
This may be a very good choice with the right set of primatives.
Reduced mtce cost, and cheaper `c` pgmrs. Performance will be
good 'cuz a compiler can generate a loop structure about as well
as an asm pgmr.

-- Robert

From: Betov on
penang(a)myrealbox.com ?crivait news:1142259798.168390.30150
@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

> And by the way, the original stuff posted by Randy did bring up a point

If so, you do not have anything to do here.

Betov.

http://rosasm.org >