From: Dragontamer on

o//annabee wrote:

> >> Talk is cheap. Cough up the demos.
> >
> > I wonder why you take up demos as evidence, but when I argue for HLLs,
> > you
> > don't take any demos (ex: linux, just about all the games you've
> > played, etc. etc.)
> > as evidence that HLLs are more productive?
>
> Have you ever seen the credits listing for you average game theese days?

Something like 15 managers/producers, 7 artists, 5 designers, 4
musicians
and 3 programmers.

:-p

3 Programmers to build the engine for an entire game when all the data
hasn't
been done yet? That is what you call productive. :-)

> >> Security.
> >
> > Yeah yeah yeah, I can see at least an argument for the others; but
> > security?
> >
> > Lol :-)
>
> This means that if RosAsm crach, it takes time to save your source. One of
> several securities.

That is common sense, not security :-/

> > I dunno why you confuse IDE features with language features...
>
> In RosAsm they are closely related. And of course, its the IDE along with
> the languages that makes the RosAsm assembler so productive. RosAsm is an
> holistic approach to assemnly programming.

I don't see any examples of where IDE integrated with the Assembler
would
be an advantage; except maybe speed.

I do see advantages to IDEs separated from the compiler however;
namely; you
get to choose from so many IDEs. Vim, Emacs, Visual C++, Eclipse, Bash
Shell :-p
etc. etc.

--Dragontamer

From: Betov on
"sevagK" <kahlinor(a)yahoo.com> ?crivait

> I can't make it break on everything, but it broke on something as
> trivial as this:
>
> if D$NumberOfDots = 1000
> call 'USER32.SendMessageA' D$StatusBarHandle, &SB_SETTEXT, 4,
> {' 100', 0}
>
> Else_If D$NumberOfDots = 20000
>
> ; call 'USER32.SendMessageA' D$StatusBarHandle, &SB_SETTEXT, 4,
> ; {' 200', 0}
>
> Else_If D$NumberOfDots = 40000
> call 'USER32.SendMessageA' D$StatusBarHandle, &SB_SETTEXT, 4,
> {' 4000', 0}
> Else_If D$NumberOfDots = 80000
> call 'USER32.SendMessageA' D$StatusBarHandle, &SB_SETTEXT, 4,
> {' 8000', 0}
> Else_If D$NumberOfDots = 160000
> call 'USER32.SendMessageA' D$StatusBarHandle, &SB_SETTEXT, 4,
> {' 16000', 0}
> End_If
>
> For some reason, Rosasm doesn't like the comment lines. It has
> nothing to do about how numbers are treated in assembly.

Pathetic Troll, RosAsm is an _ASSEMBLER_:

1) The JMPs sizes are under the control of the programmer.

2) The commented out line has nothing to do with this.

3) RosAsm does not "break". It simply tells you where
you did an error, and shows you the line, so that you
could choose the long form, if this is really what you
mean to do. Period.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on
o//annabee <fack(a)szmyggenpv.com> ?crivait news:op.s6byutjtce7g4q(a)bonus:

>> If you or Betov is interested in this; just email me, and I'll email
>> you this file. And your
>> "comment out the part that fails" method doesn't work btw.
>
> I am not interessted.

Same for me: I have _TONS_ of PEs that RosAsm fails to
Disassemble and to Re-Assemble in two click, and there
will always be. But, you know, in most cases, this kind
of clown does not even know where the interactive features
are, and, admitting they would know, they would, in all
situations, be utterly unable to understand where the
problem is, and how and what to do...

As, on the other hand, there is exactly zero competitor,
i fail to see any requirement of following up, with the
noises of such trolls.

:)

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: Betov on
"Charles A. Crayne" <ccrayne(a)crayne.org> ?crivait

> I ran it under WINE, and although I did not test it rigorously, the only
> function I found which did not work was debug -- and even that could
> probably be fixed without too much effort.

Yes, probably. We will solve this likely with ReactOS,
as long as ReactOS shares many DLLs with WINE.

Betov.

< http://rosasm.org >

From: hutch-- on
Why does this sound like babbling from Wannabee ?

Ah, I know, its because its babbling from Wannabee. :)

Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com