From: nospam on
In article <hmml26h8htq0k30c903bjf29hglsh9s0u8(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >Nah. They need to be tagged for sophisticated searching.
>
> That presumes you (a) know in advance just what tags you'll need down
> the road and (b) have way more free time than I do to create all those
> individual tags.

no need for free time. add the keywords on import and let the computer
figure out the faces and geotagging.

> But fair enough -- you use what works for you, and
> I'll use what works for me.

that's fine, just don't pretend that your way is the only way.

> And trust me, I don't have any trouble
> finding images I want from my huge library in seconds.

you can't do complex queries, which means it *will* take more time.
From: John McWilliams on
John Navas wrote:> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:48:27 -0700, in
> <i0elrc$c36$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, John McWilliams> <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>> Nah. They need to be tagged for sophisticated searching.
>
> That presumes you (a) know in advance just what tags you'll need down
> the road and (b) have way more free time than I do to create all those
> individual tags. But fair enough -- you use what works for you, and
> I'll use what works for me. And trust me, I don't have any trouble
> finding images I want from my huge library in seconds.

I trust you. And you have a way better memory than have I- or fewer images.

In my experience, to have a viable search, one doesn't need to be
clairvoyant in order to assign meaningful tags. And the time it takes to
assign them is less than a search I'd have to do.

--
john mcwilliams
From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2010-06-30, John McWilliams wrote:
> Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

>>> That brings up 359 pictures of the wrong Larry, or that Larry surrounded
>>> by others. You have but six suitable photos of Larry for his obit, but
>>> they happen to be in the wrong folder.
>>
>> Not if you do it in the appropriate directory, or use a more
>> specific directory or file pattern, or filter the results, etc.,
>> etc...
>
> Nah. They need to be tagged for sophisticated searching.

All the tags can be in the directory and file names.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author: =======================
From: nospam on
In article <8905kmFboqU6(a)mid.individual.net>, Chris F.A. Johnson
<cfajohnson(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> All the tags can be in the directory and file names.

you're going to rename every single image??
From: Chris F.A. Johnson on
On 2010-06-30, nospam wrote:
> In article <8905kmFboqU6(a)mid.individual.net>, Chris F.A. Johnson
><cfajohnson(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> All the tags can be in the directory and file names.
>
> you're going to rename every single image??

That's no harder than adding tags to them all.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Winter Photo
Next: 4/3rds fixed 3x zoom lens camera coming