First  |  Prev |
Pages: 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Remote reboot
Is there a way I can remotely reboot one of my machines? I have setup a TV server but occasionally the software serving the TV crashes and I would like to remotely reboot the machine. I could have remote desktop access to another machine on the network but would prefer to run apache and use it to remotely reb... 3 Jul 2005 06:07
IOCTL_NDISUIO_REQUEST_NOTIFICATION
I need to use IOCTL_NDISUIO_REQUETS_NOTIFICATION but it isn't in my file "nuiouiser.h". The content of the file that I have is: ---------------------------------------------------------- /*++ Copyright (c) 2000 Microsoft Corporation Module Name: nuiouser.h Abstract: Constants and types to acc... 16 Jun 2005 06:46
what does SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection do ?
I was looking for some help regarding behaviour of one of the windows setup API SetupInstallFilesFromInfSection on 64-bit XP. This API is used by an Application to set up the copy delete or rename queue for drivers. I guess, it also processes any section that comes under the needs and include section of the INF fil... 10 Jun 2005 12:46
bluetooth problem with irprops.dll
hi I've just started writing a program to pull pics and other stuff off my phone. when bt_device = BluetoothFindFirstDevice(&btsp,&btdi); is called i get a run time error "this application has failed to start because irprops.dll was not found..." the program compiles and links ok. any one got any ideas ?... 26 May 2005 16:33
Read(10) for SCSI command.
Dear all, I use the SCSI command to read the CD-ROM. The below is my code. DiskDevice= CreateFile("\\\\.\\E", // file name GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE , // access mode FILE_SHARE_READ |FILE_SHARE_WRITE, // share mode NULL, ... 23 May 2005 03:13
performance counter value using PDH
Recently I have been attempting to get memory information (Committed Bytes, Commit Limit) using the Pdh calls (PdhOpenQuery, PdhMakeCounterPath, PdhCollectQueryData, PdhGetFormattedCounterValue). In the MSDN there is what appears to be a good example of a program using the Pdh interface to acquire the memory Cac... 11 May 2005 07:09
DLL_THREAD_ATTACH & _DETACH being called repeatedly in DLL
I have a MSVC 6.x application that is used by a Delphi 6 application. The MSVC DLL is being loaded dynamically using LoadLibrary(). For debugging purposes, I put code in the MSVC DLL that counts each occurrence of DLL_THREAD_ATTACH & DLL_THREAD_DETACH using a static integer counter. I am seeing the following ... 11 May 2005 04:33
Shared Memory Example
Hello, I have posted a similar message in microsoft.public.win32.programmer. I am looking for a simple example with CreateSharedMemory API using Visual C++ 7.1. Thanks. Best Regards, /Srijit ... 16 Mar 2005 15:03
Disabling SxS
My app calls CreateProcess() and gets back the error code ERROR_SXS_CANT_GEN_ACTCTX. It appears that CSRSS is failing the process create with error STATUS_SXS_CANT_GEN_ACTCTX. I have no idea why this is failing, but I need to work around it, and I don't need SxS. Is there a way to disable SxS for a specific app... 2 Mar 2005 20:22
Developing 64-bit "x86 confilcts with amd64" error
I am trying to port my applications to 64-bit - in particular AMD64. I am running Visual Studio 2005 beta 1 under Windows XP x64 beta RC2 (build 1433) but I am getting a strange error: ".\ReleaseAMD64\drivespace.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'" I ha... 2 Mar 2005 20:20