First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
PdhConnectMachine fails for LocalSystem account
Hi, I am attempting to monitor a remote machine. When I run my app as the current user, PdhConnectMachine succeeds. But, if I attempt a call to PdhConnectMachine when running under the LocalSystem account, I get PDH_CSTATUS_NO_MACHINE. I imagine this has something to do with the access permissions for Loca... 15 Aug 2008 13:03
Signature of undocumented InstallDevInstEx,...
Hi, i want to show the Device Driver Update Dialog for a particular Device from my Application and after backtracking the Device Manager Activities i found out, that this will be done with the undocumented InstallDevInstEx. But my Debugger still crashes before i can analyse the parameters. Does someone have a ... 5 Aug 2008 19:24
How to partition physical disk?
Dear Sir: I use below steps to create new logical disk, but something wrong. (1)use DeviceIoControl:IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY to get physical disk size and Bytes per Sector in disk. (2)use DeviceIoControl:IOCTL_DISK_CREATE_DISK$B!"(B DeviceIoControl:IOCTL_DISK_UPDATE_PROPERTIES$B!"(B D... 13 Aug 2008 22:05
partition&format question?
I used below functions to partition one physical disk. But I have some question to happen. (1) I try to partition 1.8 inch HDD, size is 30G. I set Mbr.PartitionType=PARTITION_NTFT to partition NTFS format and size is less than 30G, but it failed.(after partitioning, no Logical Drives show, so format ... 31 Jul 2008 23:42
partition&format question?
I used below function to partition one physical disk. But I have some question to happen. (1) I found the below function can't partition above 2 Logical Drives. How to modify to do this function? (2) I found it would happen partition wrong condition(In one physical disk, it will show 3 Logical Drives... 31 Jul 2008 22:41
Fast logging Method
Hello everybody, I'm trying to build a very fast logger module (C++). I found out that not closing and opening the handle of the file each time I write to the file can achieve fast performances (much better than the other method) but it makes other problems, I rather not elaborate for now. A new idea that I tho... 31 Jul 2008 05:11
Create a Dialog
I´m finding 1000s of hits on Google, even 100s of tutorials, but they all are made for VC++ or MFC or Borland. Maybe I´m just blind, but I can´t get the smallest Dialog to work, it always ends up in a bunch of compiler errors. I guess it´s because I´m not using any of those compilers, but Code::Block/MinGW/GCC++... 31 Jul 2008 04:10
How to know if a system user need the password to login?
How can i know if a system user need a password to login? I've tryed with WMI and AD, reading the PasswordRequired property but it is always true, also for users without password. Any idea? ... 17 Jul 2008 17:53
How to do partition&format functions?
I would like to do partition&format functions in my project. I hope I don't let user do any action when needing to select any choices. Using parameters to do both functions successfully. I don't know MS has to provide any APIs to do these. (I use SHFormatDrive, but it pops format-dialog, not auto-format) I th... 7 Jul 2008 00:13
ThreadLocalStoragePointer
Everything I read says that the TEB ThreadLocalStoragePointer (FS:[2Ch]) should point to the TLS array. But, on my XP installation, compiling w/ MinGw32, 0x2c is always NULL. TlsSlots (0xE10) and TlsExpansionSlots (0xF94) work as advertised, however. (Thus, I'm forcing TlsAlloc() to allocate the expansion array; I ... 26 Jun 2008 19:46